PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul to be featured on O'Reilly tonight (4/8)

supermario21
04-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Just saw a commercial, the headline was used "Can Rand Paul win the Republican nomination in 2016? We'll take a look at the senator's strategy."

Bastiat's The Law
04-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Interesting.

Romulus
04-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Its a Trap!

William R
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
FAUX News and especially O'Reilly can't stand Rand. They're Rubio all the way.

abacabb
04-08-2013, 11:04 AM
"So, did Rand ever read any of those racist newsletters?"

Varin
04-08-2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

GOP
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if any forum member will tube it for us?

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sKjnxmBPAXY/T416NJYletI/AAAAAAAAAFw/lT3tPjnUuKo/s1600/its_a_tarp.gif

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Hmmm...I wonder if any forum member will tube it for us? there was one guy that was ripping and publishing tubes for us minutes after airing. some dickhole banned him. now the tubes are few and far between. the bannings are decreasing the value of this forum. not enhancing it.

itshappening
04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Go Bill !!

He's looking out for us!!1

Bruehound
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
We'll do it live !!!!!!!

abacabb
04-08-2013, 12:53 PM
there was one guy that was ripping and publishing tubes for us minutes after airing. some dickhole banned him. now the tubes are few and far between. the bannings are decreasing the value of this forum. not enhancing it.
Yeah, Confederate.

JoshLowry
04-08-2013, 12:56 PM
there was one guy that was ripping and publishing tubes for us minutes after airing. some dickhole banned him. now the tubes are few and far between. the bannings are decreasing the value of this forum. not enhancing it.

honey honey poison - signed by the dickhole devaluing the forum

camp_steveo
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
BO will probably seem friendly, but make every attempt to paint Rand as a fringe candidate with absolutely no chance of ever winning and election.

abacabb
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
BO will probably seem friendly, but make every attempt to paint Rand as a fringe candidate with absolutely no chance of ever winning and election.
Obviously only Jeb can take it all. No Bush has run for President and never eventually be Prez!

itshappening
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM

They can't really do that. He's already won statewide and has credibility.

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
honey honey poison - signed by the dickhole devaluing the forum who was it that got banned that produce all the youtube videos?

FriedChicken
04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
^^Would like to know as well out of curiosity

Brett85
04-08-2013, 04:43 PM
So now Abacabb got banned for what exactly? Why is it that it's only the rational members who ever get banned?

presence
04-08-2013, 04:52 PM
So now Abacabb got banned for what exactly? Why is it that it's only the rational members who ever get banned?

Yeah... I missed that. I reviewed his history and was in the midst of discussion with abacabb in another thread. wtf? Nothing anti terms and conditions of the forum in his posts for the past day. I was disagreeing with him at the moment but nothing that he said to me was ban worthy.

JoshLowry
04-08-2013, 04:55 PM
who was it that got banned that produce all the youtube videos?
All the YouTube videos?

Not sure. Have some worked to gain credibility in order to undermine? Yes. If they show themselves to be disruptive enough, then we ban them from posting here.

It's a simple concept but trolls are sneaky.

I think you and others harping on RPF for moderator abuse or resorting to insults is unwarranted. Dickhole?

FriedChicken and Traditional Con up to bat. No surprises.

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
All the YouTube videos?

Not sure. Have some worked to gain credibility in order to undermine? Yes. If they show themselves to be disruptive enough, then we ban them from posting here.

It's a simple concept but trolls are sneaky.

I think you and others harping on RPF for moderator abuse or resorting to insults is unwarranted. Dickhole?

sorry, the mods are part of the just-us system.
I think the guy who was publishing all the videos was Eduardo. only because all the videos seemed to be published by a youtube account with that name in it. apparently there was some personal shit that went on. because I never saw him post anything as devalued as my post, and he provided this site with on the spot video content. this place had it first. now its like a desert.

FriedChicken
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM

I honestly don't know what that means

Edit: in the spirit of not derailing the thread I'd really appreciate a PM about what that means.

andrew1229649
04-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm not normally like this but honestly, if people don't like the way things are here they can freely leave. This comment is not directed at anyone in particular.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 05:08 PM
All of the banning is just going to make it harder to promote money bombs for Rand here at this forum in 2016. All of the people who are being banned are those who post in Rand's forum the most often. It's really quite ridiculous.

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm not normally like this but honestly, if people don't like the way things are here they can freely leave. This comment is not directed at anyone in particular. the site requires content. if you get rid of the content providers- then- all you have is a message relay and chat.

andrew1229649
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM
the site requires content. if you get rid of the content providers- then- all you have is a message relay and chat.
The content is still there and can be easily posted by anyone here. He still has his Youtube page.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I honestly don't know what that means

Edit: in the spirit of not derailing the thread I'd really appreciate a PM about what that means.

It means that the "libertarian" moderators are trying to make this forum as similar to Communist China as possible.

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
The content is still there and can be easily posted by anyone here. He still has his Youtube page. is he keeping it current? was that him that got banned? he isn't the only Eduardo on the planet.

JoshLowry
04-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Go China!

Spare me with your list of grievances. No really come up with a list of all our censorship and banning of rational members.

VoteRandPaul2016
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
This isn't going to end well.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I felt that Abacabb, Confederate, and Spread of Libery were all rational members. I never saw any of them engage in any personal attacks or do anything to suggest that they weren't here to help promote the liberty movement.

andrew1229649
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
is he keeping it current? was that him that got banned? he isn't the only Eduardo on the planet.
Send him a message on Youtube and ask.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
It's strange that this thread started with someone complaining about members being banned in the past, and then another member was banned after the issue of banning was brought up. Really strange.

PatriotOne
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
10 minutes until O'Reilly. Hope someone recaps because the last time I tuned in I was really, really sorry I did.

jtstellar
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
i would suggest some changes be made in interest of accountability.. mods who ban people should put up the person banned and the reason and a open thread for discussion whether people agree with the action in a separate board, where mods' acts can be brought under broad daylight, and definitely not always someone else explaining for the person who did the banning where too often the person who made the decision doesn't even bother showing up. you don't want to go the way of dailypaul.

torchbearer
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Send him a message on Youtube and ask. I got an answer in private.

PatriotOne
04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Speaking of Fox News. I got a 6 page letter from The American Conservative Union today titled "Don't Drop Fox News" along with a survey and request for donations. Claims there is a massive attempt to pressure Fox News advertisers to pull their commercials by Media Matters liberals. I'll be filling out the survey but don't think they are going to like the answers.

itshappening
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
He's not being featured in the lead-in so I doubt he's appearing.

GOP
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
He's not being featured in the lead-in so I doubt he's appearing.

I think Thatcher might have taken his spot... :(

GOP
04-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Ok O'Reilly just confirmed they're pushing the Rand segment to "later this week"

supermario21
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, she did, but at least Bill let us know at the end of the first segment. I give him props for that.

itshappening
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Damn!

Aah well.

Rand needs to hold a press conference SOON to push back against Obama's public pressure on gun control.

supermario21
04-08-2013, 06:14 PM
He's going to have a Q+A at Howard on Wednesday after his speech. I'm sure gun control will come up.

anaconda
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Its a Trap!

Now that Rand is on a pumped up trajectory it's time for the corporate media to begin to insert the parallel virus meme of "wrong for America," "risky," "unelectable," "dangerous," etc. Should start subtly at first and build incrementally.

jasonxe
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Can Rand Paul win the Republican nomination in 2016?

no

GOP
04-08-2013, 06:58 PM
no

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8Vbmk9uByVs/Tfu6LTYo-4I/AAAAAAAAAsA/4772pTQqFVw/s1600/DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

VoteRandPaul2016
04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
no

Ah, so your one of those guys who think Rand Paul is evil because he endorsed the GOP nominee yet he continues to vote very libertarian and is waking up the establishment neocons from their trance. How productive.

Brett85
04-08-2013, 08:42 PM
It's pretty clear that Rand can win the GOP nomination when he's already in 2nd place in the national polls.

jtstellar
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
well i hate one liners let me just say that instead. in conversations between people of equal intellect, one liner really has no place since it is worse than a poor explanation of where you actually stand on an issue. it does little to incite the 'oh my god you are so witty' reaction

FriedChicken
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Ah, so your one of those guys who think Rand Paul is evil because he endorsed the GOP nominee yet he continues to vote very libertarian and is waking up the establishment neocons from their trance. How productive.

Not knowing anything about Jasonxe - I'd say that for you to get all that out of this one post might be a bit reaching. :)
There could be pages of discussion elsewhere that might back up your suspicions, but I can't say I see anything in this thread that would back them up.

When I first read his post I thought he was just calling out Bill O' for what he would surely do his best to have his audience believe. Bill was one of the biggest contributors to the 'Ron Paul has no chance of winning' meme in 2012. I expect more of the same treatment for Rand in '16.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-08-2013, 11:45 PM
sorry, the mods are part of the just-us system.
I think the guy who was publishing all the videos was Eduardo. only because all the videos seemed to be published by a youtube account with that name in it. apparently there was some personal shit that went on. because I never saw him post anything as devalued as my post, and he provided this site with on the spot video content. this place had it first. now its like a desert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

jasonxe
04-09-2013, 01:17 AM

No.

I like Rand but the people controlling the game won't let him become President. They'll change the rules and go to whatever means to make sure it doesn't happen. "Its not our game, and its not our rules." They can change it at anytime and have the final say. Lesson learn from 08 & 12...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

Good luck to those making another attempt at 2016.

itshappening
04-09-2013, 01:30 AM
No.

I like Rand but the people controlling the game won't let him become President. They'll change the rules and go to whatever means to make sure it doesn't happen. "Its not our game, and its not our rules." They can change it at anytime and have the final say. Lesson learn from 08 & 12...

Good luck to those making another attempt at 2016.

You're very cynical. There's nothing they can do if we win in Iowa, NH and SC. Ron Paul allies run the state party in Iowa and SC and NH look like it will be a fair contest.

They can change the rules as much as they want but we'll just operate within them and win because Rand is a winning candidate.

If you don't like the strategy or just here to spread your brand of cynicism then stop trolling the forum and threads.

FSP-Rebel
04-09-2013, 08:49 AM
No.

First off, we're a bigger force to be reckoned with these days and that's before our built up coalitions emerge during the next campaign season. 2nd, Rand has key allies as other Senators, House members, random party officials, legions of precinct delegates in all states and those that have yet to join the show rolling forward whether they be supporters of any kind or future elected officials or those that choose to get elected as future precinct delegates. Rand will also have a team of political pros lined up which will outdo anything that Ron had. The media won't have the unelectable nonsense or kookiness they've used in the past to stick on Rand and there's also a great chance that the RNC rules get changed back at the upcoming conference later this month, check this thread for details on how to help this cause>>>http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410307-The-RNC-Rules-Battle-Continues-NOW-Push-for-RNC-Rules-Change