PDA

View Full Version : IRS Conducting Audits Based on FACEBOOK and TWITTER Info

green73
04-08-2013, 08:44 AM
[video]

You have until April 15th to file a return - and the IRS will be collecting a lot more than just taxes this year.

According to several reports, the agency will also be collecting personal information from sites like Facebook and Twitter.

It says the effort is to catch people trying to beat the system, but some say it goes too far.

Attorney Kristen Mathews warns to be careful with what you say on social media platforms.

She has concerns the government is pushing the limits of what has historically been considered private.

"There are laws that regulate the government's ability to get a hold of things like credit card transaction history. But those laws have become more permissive in the last several years, particularly after 9-11, and so some might say those laws are no longer in line with the average expectation of privacy," says Mathews.

The government has said it would only check a Facebook page or twitter account if there is already red flag in a tax form.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/21905788/irs-collecting-tax-payer-information-from-facebook-and-twitter

Lucille
04-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Jim Sinclair was just talking about how Leviathan would be doing that.

http://www.jsmineset.com/2013/04/06/you-must-act-now/

The next action you must take is to get as far away from social media, and the use of credit cards for everything because you are painting a picture for the tax collectors that are going to go ballistic in their effort to collect your money from you in order to create revenue for governments going broke, or who are already hiding the fact they are broke.

It might take some effort, but stop your kids from informing the world of everything you and they have done on their social media. Computer based comparisons of family income to family activities will spur punitive audits when the apparent expenses are greater than the combined declared income.

The revenues services of every country are cranking up their computer search programs to grab information. You must stop so freely providing information, and maybe bragging on social media to make others think your lives are better than they really are. You must turn off the switch on your children use of social media if they are still under your authority. You must suggest to your emancipated children that they are foolish in informing the world of every little thing that do in search of 1000 friends on social media that would not really give a damn if they had a problem.

As an example of the new high tech snoops you are feeding with your credit cards and social media, research the following article.

IRS High-Tech Tools Track Your Digital Footprints – Yahoo! Finance

– Charting and analyzing social media such as Facebook
– Targeting audits by matching tax filings to social media or electronic payments
– Tracking individual Internet addresses and emailing patterns
– Sorting data in 32,000 categories of metadata and 1 million unique "attributes"
– Machine learning across "neural" networks
– Statistical and agent-based modeling
– Relationship analysis based on Social Security numbers and other personal identifiers

Click here to read the full article…

You must eliminate to the greatest degree possible all the agents between you and your assets.

TonySutton
04-08-2013, 09:03 AM
So if you want to make a big claim for donations just make sure you blast facebook with all the facts ;)

abacabb
04-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Don't post any pictures of anything on facebook of you having fun...the IRS, the boss, the wife, your kids in the future...too many reasons.

heavenlyboy34
04-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I pity the fools who've used their real names and info on their FB pages.

Matt Collins
04-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Why do they even bother? They don't need money from us, they can just print it. The Income Tax only pays for about 1/3 of the budget anyway.

A Son of Liberty
04-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Why do they even bother? They don't need money from us, they can just print it. The Income Tax only pays for about 1/3 of the budget anyway.

Because it is an instrument of control, not for the payment of accrued expenses.

ZENemy
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Well who can blame them, we consent to everything they do so (well I don't)...they are just going to keep doing it, further and further, nothing should suprise anybody anymore.

green73
04-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Weren't they trying to make it illegal to use a pseudonym of FB?

ninepointfive
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
http://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

If you don't think you'll use Facebook again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted.

Barrex
04-08-2013, 10:35 AM
So is this improvement from previous standard "audits based on tarot cards"?

jbauer
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Respect my authorittttiiii, its all about control

MRK
04-08-2013, 11:14 AM
That's funny, I quit facebook years ago over government privacy concerns, although not specifically because of this department, but all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

MRK
04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
That's funny, I quit facebook years ago over government privacy concerns, although not specifically because of this department, but all of them.

And to add to that, I do not have a twitter either, and have switched out of gmail to private email hosting with my own domain.

Now gangsta ass playas come in all shapes and colors, some got killed in the past, but this gangsta here was a smart one, and started livin for the lord and I last.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-08-2013, 11:16 AM

Man up now, or man up later.