PDA

View Full Version : Governor of Connecticut: "Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

RonPaulFanInGA
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/07/connecticut-gov-savages-wayne-lapierre-this-guy-is-so-out-of-whack-its-unbelievable/

"Ninety-two percent of the American people want universal background checks. I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me. Why should you be able to buy a gun? Or buy armor-piercing ammunition? It doesn’t make any sense"

GOP
04-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Isn't armor piercing ammo already illegal for civilians?

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me.

You should be able to, guv.

It's called "freedom".

But you wouldn't know about that.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Isn't armor piercing ammo already illegal for civilians?

Yes, and they know it.

Just more willful spreading of propaganda.

Occam's Banana
04-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Governor of Connecticut: "Why should you be able to buy a gun?"

I could tell you, Guv - but then you'd have me arrested.

Which would only prove my point ...

Christian Liberty
04-07-2013, 12:13 PM
You should be able to, guv.

It's called "freedom".

But you wouldn't know about that.

No, HE shouldn't. He wants to take away our rights, and has done so to the people of Ct. As such, he has none. WE should be able to.

I could tell you, Guv - but then you'd have me arrested.

Which would only prove my point ...

I wish I could give this one than +1...

mczerone
04-07-2013, 01:48 PM
If I can find a seller willing to sell me anything that's potentially dangerous without a background check, why should anyone be able to stop that transaction?

And how would they do that except with guns? And who would want to sell guns to people that have such a mental illness that they think they can go around and tell people what things they can and can't buy and sell?

Therefore anyone who wants to enforce these regulations should not be allowed to buy guns, and then the regulations lose all enforcement potential.

Smart3
04-07-2013, 01:56 PM
You're in the wrong New England, Mr. Malloy.

May I recommend moving to New England, Australia?

Philhelm
04-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I can’t get on a plane as the governor of the state of Connecticut without somebody running a background check on me.

The implication in this statement is, of course, that he believes that by virtue of being the Governor of Connecticut he should be of elevated status, and should not have the same rules applied to him. The reason we need firearms is to defend ourselves from people who think this way.

osan
04-07-2013, 03:40 PM
CT's Pussy In Chief... erm, I mean governor asks why should I be able to buy a gun.

The answer is rather simple: it is one of the many things that free men do and for which they are not required to ask permission of anyone.

jkr
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
FUCK connecticut...why would ANYONE want to ever go there..."global warming" will take care of these nutz

WM_in_MO
04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Actually its a shame because its a beautiful state.

PaulConventionWV
04-07-2013, 05:31 PM
There's no way those statistics are right. Ninety-two percent want universal background checks? There's just no way. There's got to be more NRA members and supporters than just 8%. The reason I say that is because I used to sell NRA memberships over the phone and the "universal background checks" was part of the script as something the NRA was fighting. If only 8% of Americans believe in that, then there's no way they would put that in the script.

PaulConventionWV
04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
No, HE shouldn't. He wants to take away our rights, and has done so to the people of Ct. As such, he has none. WE should be able to.

I wish I could give this one than +1...

Careful with that one. Advocating freedom for SOME is still a dangerous concept, no matter who the "some" you had in mind happens to be.

Anti Federalist
03-07-2018, 07:55 PM
///

AuH20
03-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Ask him about voting without identification? heh.

AuH20
03-07-2018, 08:00 PM
This dude is a complete cretin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqwGaM9FtVU

DamianTV
03-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Let me translate the quote in the OP:

Why should people be able to protect themselves from government, with force when necessary? What could possibly go wrong by fully disarming an entire public?

... and, at what point would ANY criminal with more than a room temperature IQ ever submit to a Background Check if they intend on using a gun to commit a crime?

seapilot
03-08-2018, 06:13 PM
I read a quote somewhere that said ,If a Politician every asks why you need a gun, YOU need a gun.