PDA

View Full Version : The Clam Cops close in on Anti-Government parent "kidnappers".

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Your friends, family, neighbors and strangers will turn your ass in, in a heartbeat, and not think twice about it.

Government says you are bad, government says you must be destroyed, and by God, you will be.

Boaters aid search for missing Florida boys

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/07/missing-florida-boys/2060499/

Florida authorities are asking recreational boaters to keep an eye out for a boat owned by Joshua Michael Hakken that could hold two kidnapped boys.

Florida authorities are asking recreational boaters enjoying the state's weekend weather to keep an eye out for a boat that could hold two kidnapped boys.

Joshua Michael Hakken is accused of forcibly removing sons Cole, 4, and Chase, 2, from their grandmother's custody in Tampa on Wednesday, WTSP-TV reports.

Authorities have been searching for a boat Hakken recently bought. It has a blue hull with the word "Salty" and a paw print in white on both sides. The Coast Guard, which has been aiding in the search, has been broadcasting an Amber Alert.

"We are hoping because of the weekend with the good weather, a whole lot of boats out on the water will give us a better opportunity to find them, with an increased amount of spotters," Hillsborough County sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon told The Tampa Tribune on Saturday evening.

The message appears to be getting the attention of boaters along the Florida coast.

"I got kids and family myself, so we'll be definitely looking for them," Bryan Hinland told WTSP-TV.

Pedro Rodriguez said he was also keeping an eye out. "Every once in a while I looked out to see if I saw (the sailboat) or not," he said.

Investigators with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office say they believe Hakken shuttled his wife, Sharyn, and the boys onto the 25-foot sailboat around 10 a.m. Wednesday. Investigators are unsure whether Sharyn Hakken is part of the kidnapping plot or a victim.

The Hakkens lost custody of the children last year after Joshua Hakken was arrested on drug charges while attending an anti-government rally in Louisiana. The couples' parental rights were terminated on Tuesday and the boys were turned over to Sharyn Hakken's parents, according to the Tribune.

Law enforcement concedes that Hakken may have already ditched the boat and is on the run on dry land.

"They could (have) easily got on the boat and then had enough time to get off the boat and get into another car," McKinnon said.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM
First sign that this is an injustice is that nowhere do they describe this guy as a harmful or dangerous father. Just that he "kidnapped" his own children after the State forbid him from seeing them. Red alerts should be going off in people's heads at that point, but I'm afraid "kidnapped children" will overpower any suspicion of government wrongdoing.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Parents cannot kidnap their own child[ren] no matter what the state says!

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Red alerts should be going off every day in the minds of every American citizen.

Sadly, we both know that is not happening.

First sign that this is an injustice is that nowhere do they describe this guy as a harmful or dangerous father. Just that he "kidnapped" his own children after the State forbid him from seeing them. Red alerts should be going off in people's heads at that point, but I'm afraid "kidnapped children" will overpower any suspicion of government wrongdoing.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 11:12 AM
D'Oh! Dupes.

Cleaner44
04-07-2013, 11:25 AM
There is so much wrong with this and it is confirming the father's fear at every turn. He has been accused of a crime, not convicted, and already his children have been taken away. Is it any wonder that he would be anti-government? When he takes his children back, he is declared a kidnapper and of course he is guilty until proven innocent of this (non)crime. The more he defies the state, the more crimes he automatically be guilty of.

Origanalist
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
"I got kids and family myself, so we'll be definitely looking for them," Bryan Hinland told WTSP-TV.

Good catch. It apparently doesn't occur to him that the same thing can be done to him. But I'm sure he doesn't attend any anti-government rallies so he has nothing to worry about, right?

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Good catch. It apparently doesn't occur to him that the same thing can be done to him. But I'm sure he doesn't attend any anti-government rallies so he has nothing to worry about, right?

A well trained and non questioning, fully compliant, comrade citizen.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Good guys vs. the Bad guys

Anti-government folk are part of the "Bad guys" now.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Good guys vs. the Bad guys

Anti-government folk are part of the "Bad guys" now.

Now?

Anybody who opposes the status-quo has been a "bad-guy" for my entire life...

Lucille
04-07-2013, 11:49 AM
The Hakkens lost custody of the children last year after Joshua Hakken was arrested on drug charges while attending an anti-government rally in Louisiana. The couples' parental rights were terminated on Tuesday and the boys were turned over to Sharyn Hakken's parents, according to the Tribune.

When Did Peaceful Protests Become 'Anti-Government Rallies'?
http://www.alt-market.com/articles/1425-when-did-peaceful-protests-become-anti-government-rallies

What really shocked me in this story was the use of "anti-government rally" in place of peaceful protest. Aren't all protests for redress of grievances "anti-government"?

I realized that this was done very deliberately, and not the first time I've seen this subtle tactic used to bastardize the First Amendment right to free speech. In fact, it is now frequently used in place of "demonstrations" or "protests" in news headlines everywhere. Google "anti-government rally" and have fun scrolling.

It seems that when the establishment dislikes the message of a given demonstration they call it an "anti-government rally" ever-so-slightly invoking thoughts of Klan rallies and all the emotional triggers that come with it. Just like how all pro-Second Amendment demonstrations are referred to as "gun rallies".

Compare this rhetoric of the Arab Spring or Uprising, or Occupy Wall Street demonstrations. Anti-government rally was NEVER used by the establishment to describe those protests. So when it is used, its negative connotation is clearly being used for a purpose.
[...]
I'm radically opposed to the policy that led to these children being stripped from their parents, which must make me anti-government. I'm disgusted that marijuana, a perfectly safe and helpful plant, remains illegal while alcohol freely flows. Strike two for being anti-government. And I despise that my own government spies on me, suppresses my free speech rights, and lumps me in with violent extremists. Strike three.

Add me to your list. I'll see you at the next rally.

VoluntaryAmerican
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Now?

I think that after the post 9/11 world a clear line was drawn. Anything prior to it was just foreplay.

MRK
04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
If this family manages to make it out of the country, I will donate a good amount of money to help them rebuild their life.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-07-2013, 01:31 PM
not going to quote it...

Pretty sure that would make you a fugitive as well. (Not saying it should... just saying it could)

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Pretty sure that would make you a fugitive as well. (Not saying it should... just saying it could)

Terrorist sympathizer.

angelatc
04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
If this family manages to make it out of the country, I will donate a good amount of money to help them rebuild their life.

He's sort of my hero too.

MRK
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM

I was planning on donating the money to the kidnapped, not the kidnapping fugitive. :)

But after considering 'they' could interpret that as aiding the kidnapper (it's really just to help the ones most vulnerable - the kids), I'm not so sure about what to do here.

My logic has a precedent - it's kind of like giving toys and medicine to that kid who was kidnapped by that psycho from a bus a month or so back while the guy was still holed up in that shelter with the kid. But this time it's the guy's own kid and the guy's not apparently a psycho.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
My god...I've never heard this before...

Just now, on VHF 16 from USCG...

A UMIB (urgent marine information broadcast) on this...

The boat, the kids, the "charges" and...

"THE SUSPECTS ARE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS!"

They're gonna light these poor bastards up.

The kids too.

How much is enough...?

Origanalist
04-07-2013, 04:45 PM
My god...I've never heard this before...

Just now, on VHF 16 from USCG...

A UMIB (urgent marine information broadcast) on this...

The boat, the kids, the "charges" and...

"THE SUSPECTS ARE CONSIDERED ARMED AND DANGEROUS!"

They're gonna light these poor bastards up.

The kids too.

How much is enough...?

Collateral damage in the war on US.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Do you have the ability to broadcast on that channel?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Terrorist sympathizer.

Life saver. :)

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Do you have the ability to broadcast on that channel?

Yes.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Is voicing skepticism a crime?

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Is voicing skepticism a crime?

Yes.

At least, in my position.

Numerous felonies.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Yes.

At least, in my position.

Numerous felonies.

What happens to "Joe-Blow" who broadcasts on that frequency?

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 04:55 PM
What happens to "Joe-Blow" who broadcasts on that frequency?

If you transmit long enough, you get triangulated upon, arrested and thrown in federal prison.

tod evans
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Hard choice..........

Kids-n-parents vs Drones

Origanalist
04-07-2013, 04:58 PM
If you transmit long enough, you get triangulated upon, arrested and thrown in federal prison.

Enemy of the State.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Collateral damage in the war on US.

Had to kill those kids to save those kids.

What a fucking nightmare, and the poor kids, hell, they just think they are having a grand adventure with mom and dad.

Until guys in black masks cut them to ribbons with automatic weapons fire.

The fucking state is fucking evil. :mad:

TheTexan
04-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I wish I could do more but all I can do as of now is wish their family luck and hope that they find their way to safety.

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Had to kill those kids to save those kids.

What a fucking nightmare, and the poor kids, hell, they just think they are having a grand adventure with mom and dad.

Until guys in black masks cut them to ribbons with automatic weapons fire.

The fucking state is fucking evil. :mad:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again. :( I wish everyone could see the evil and criminality of the State so clearly as you.

donnay
04-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Now?

I am BAD to the bone! :)

TheTexan
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Hopefully they planned their escapade a bit better than most seem to do, and built up a support system *before* they tied up granny

Professor8000
04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I wonder if there is a militia willing to put these people up and keep the government out of their life. Probably not, even the back yard patriots are loath to pick fights with the government. It's sad. I would like to see some organized push back by a militia group but that is a very rare thing.

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I wonder if there is a militia willing to put these people up and keep the government out of their life. Probably not, even the back yard patriots are loath to pick fights with the government. It's sad. I would like to see some organized push back by a militia group but that is a very rare thing.
Yeah. :( The trouble with starting a militia expressly to keep the gov't at bay is that the government can easily outspend everyone in the country put together on offensive toys. So, you citizens better put up with Uncle Sam or he'll light your ass up. This is one of the many great weaknesses in the Constitution.

Professor8000
04-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah. :( The trouble with starting a militia expressly to keep the gov't at bay is that the government can easily outspend everyone in the country put together on offensive toys. So, you citizens better put up with Uncle Sam or he'll light your ass up. This is one of the many great weaknesses in the Constitution.

Also, not everyone in a militia will be willing to stand up to the government on every issue. A lot of militia men are pretty statist by our standards, and they would probably want to organize against the parents in the OP. It would be nice to have to government back down on something.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I am physically ill for these people...imagine, on the run with your two little children, the entire length and breadth of Leviathan's forces looking to smoke you to the ground...

All for the crime of exercising your right to free speech and to raise your children.

I can't get this out of my head.

If you are praying folks, pray for this family.

amy31416
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
If I had a boat in FL, it'd be out on the water with four cardboard cutouts and a really good insurance policy.

This is pretty sickening.

amy31416
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
If I had a boat in FL, it'd be out on the water with four cardboard cutouts and a really good insurance policy.

This is pretty sickening.

shane77m
04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
The couples' parental rights were terminated on Tuesday

Parental rights terminated. LOL

The state doesn't give anyone the "right" to be a parent.

CMoore
04-07-2013, 09:21 PM
This thrills my soul. I have been waiting for years for something like this to happen. Hopefully these people have a fool proof plan to relocate to somewhere safe with their children. The general public has NO IDEA of what goes on in family courts all over the country. The Adoption and Safe Families Act places a bounty on the heads of children with states receiving federal money for every child taken from parents and their parental rights terminated. (TPR'ed) Usually the poor parents are poor and helpless to fight against this state sanctioned snatching of their children. The courts are kangaroo courts that do not abide by either the rules of civil procedure or the rules of evidence as other courts do. What then means is that not even Perry Mason could help them in court.

sailingaway
04-07-2013, 10:19 PM

What are we calling'anti government rallies' nowadays?

heavenlyboy34
04-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Pssh. Don't you know you owe everything to the State, mundane? How ungrateful! Reported.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 10:44 PM

Anything we want, mundane, now, move along.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I can't right now...somebody please give Will Grigg a heads up on this.

shane77m
04-08-2013, 06:29 AM

Sign waves for Ron Paul maybe????

S.Shorland
04-08-2013, 07:39 AM
I can't really grasp what these 'searchers' have in their minds.Surely anyone can see by now that they will be next.

Dr.3D
04-08-2013, 08:59 AM

And what they can't grant, they can't take away.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
////

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Posting on RPF?

fisharmor
04-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Are there wanted posters yet?
I'd hate to be the guy tasked with making one.
"I'd love to, but all I have to work with is these family photos where everyone's smiling. How do you turn this into terrorists?"

phill4paul
04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Just once I would like to see a happy ending to threads like this. Somehow, I don't think this one will turn out different then any other one.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Just once I would like to see a happy ending to threads like this. Somehow, I don't think this one will turn out different then any other one.

20th anniversary of the FedCoat Waco Massacre coming up, 19 April 2013.

I have a horrible feeling this will turn out the same way.

Tick tock...

ETA - I have quizzed some of my crew...in a combined pool of over a hundred years of experience, none of us have EVER heard a UMIB like the one we heard yesterday.

fisharmor
04-08-2013, 01:36 PM
ETA - I have quizzed some of my crew...in a combined pool of over a hundred years of experience, none of us have EVER heard a UMIB like the one we heard yesterday.

It's not like their children are being raped and murdered by complete strangers... no, this is an emergency.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 01:38 PM
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/309619/250/Weekend-boaters-look-out-for-dad--kidnapped-kids

The Coast Guard has been broadcasting an Amber Alert...

(That's landlubber talk. It was a "Pan-Pan" UMIB message. Very common. Except for the content. - AF)

...on emergency channel 16 in search for Hakken, his wife Sharyn, and their two boys Chase, 2, and Cole, 4.

The following is a transcript of the message sent to 10 News by Will Lengyel, OS2:

"The Coast Guard is searching for a 24ft Blue S/V Salty W/2 adults and 2 children on board that departed Madeira Beach at 10 a.m. local on 03 apr destination unknown all vessels in the area are requested to keep a sharp lookout, do not approach the vessel, the occupants are considered armed and dangerous and immediately report all sightings to the U.S. Coast Guard on Channel 16 or by landline 727-848-7506."

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
It's not like their children are being raped and murdered by complete strangers... no, this is an emergency.

Yes, a nail has popped up.

A nail has popped up, and the system is vexed because of it.

Very, very vexed.

S.Shorland
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Pity they couldn't make it to Cuba.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Pity they couldn't make it to Cuba.

Not out of the question.

I'd guess roughly 250 nm from where they left, to Cuba.

People have circumnavigated the globe in smaller vessels.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I can't right now...somebody please give Will Grigg a heads up on this.

I did it myself, since nobody wanted to step up at the time.

tangowhiskeykilo
04-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Are there wanted posters yet?
I'd hate to be the guy tasked with making one.
"I'd love to, but all I have to work with is these family photos where everyone's smiling. How do you turn this into terrorists?"\

Thats easy! Just add this to the pictures.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmQgZp3PGcmdPhpbnvY4LjYjwyBk_EV Ye3iASWevOKZDvTgwevMw

unklejman
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Possibly in Cuba now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/04/08/hakken-cuba-kidnapping_n_3040891.html

dannno
04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Possibly in Cuba now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/04/08/hakken-cuba-kidnapping_n_3040891.html

Wow, if so, congratulations!! I hope you guys are reading this thread :D

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Possibly in Cuba now.

Son of a bitch...well played dad, well played.

So, what happens now...Elian Gonzalez in reverse?

Fleeing to Cuba for freedom, if that doesn't say it all...

And all those pictures of the boat?

From FarceBook, from the previous owners.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow, if so, congratulations!! I hope you guys are reading this thread :D

+rep

unklejman
04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Interesting, the arresting officer states that he doesn't know where the whole anti-government rally came from, and that he was arrested in a hotel.

reason.com/blog/2013/04/04/anti-government-couple-who-abducted-thei

In February 2012, someone writing as "SailingBull" posted to the website for Adam vs. The Man, a forum "about challenging authority, sticking it to the man, and giving the millennial generation a voice."

"My name is Joshua Hakken," he wrote. "I am a father, a registered professional mechanical engineer and a veteran of the USAF. I am absolutely devoted to life, liberty, the rights of the individual and the Constitution of the United States of America. "

After saying that he had noticed that "things here in Florida have not added up for quite some time," he concluded, "in these crazy times, maintaining open communication lines for ideas, observations and news is absolutely crucial if the 'good guys' are to be successful in surviving to maintain the fight of ideas."

shane77m
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
This is Cuba's chance to give the US the finger for the years of sanctions.

amy31416
04-08-2013, 06:56 PM
The articles I'm reading say things like:

The children were taken from the Hakkens after police found the family with drug paraphilia and weapons in a Louisiana hotel room, where they spoke of "completing their ultimate journey" and taking "a journey to the Armageddon," according to police.
Joshua was arrested for use of a controlled and dangerous substance in the presence of minors; moreover, the couple's bizarre behavior prompted the State of Louisiana to take custody of the boys and temporarily place them in a foster home, authorities said.

Two weeks later, Joshua tried to break into that house, waving a gun and banging on the door, but ultimately fled, their former foster father explained.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/amber-alert-joshua-sharyn-hakken-anti-government-couple-flee-kidnapping-kids-article-1.1308558#ixzz2PvIY7Oee

Almost all talk about how dad likes to shoot guns. Sounds like a set up to take them out violently. Hope he really thought out his plan.

MRK
04-08-2013, 07:12 PM
The success of this family in defiance of tyranny is an inspiration to human beings everywhere.

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 07:22 PM
The articles I'm reading say things like:

Almost all talk about how dad likes to shoot guns. Sounds like a set up to take them out violently. Hope he really thought out his plan.

The NY Daily News...a broadsheet rag of official compliance.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to read the comments.

ETA - Holy shit...I am amazed.

Ijusthate Stupidity7 hours ago

What really sucks is that the government being so immoral combined with overly powerful police with little oversight is the result in the end. More "Government haters with even more guns followed by more police and more government power. If the police and government officials knew how wide spread anti police feeling are, I even know several police who are worried about police and government being so anti American and lack any respect for individuals, it scares me more each day. I don't know what to think about this guy. He could be bad, but odds are he WAS a good guy before the Police abused him. I will continue to wave nicely at the Police, while at the same time doing all I can to reduce government power and police abuse of common citizens. I can't believe as a military veteran and former Police Officer that comes from a family of military and Police service, not to mention my current status as a Government official, that the USA has come to such a point of abusing its people in the name of "safety". WOW

I just hope the children come through this as best they can, and the police will have guilt on their hands is it goes wrong.

And they continue like that...

Anti Federalist
04-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh, and as if I have to say it again...NEVER TALK TO COPS!

If your words are not used to hang you in a court, they will be used to hang you in the court of Boobus' opinion.

Origanalist
04-08-2013, 10:42 PM
The NY Daily News...a broadsheet rag of official compliance.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to read the comments.

ETA - Holy shit...I am amazed.

And they continue like that...

Just don't mention Ron Paul or liberty and they'll welcome you with open arms.

WM_in_MO
04-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Glad to hear they made it out ofAmerika

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
CNN exclusive: Hakken family located in Cuba

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 10:49 AM by CNN/PHOTO COURTESY OF WTSP

Updated: Apr 9, 2013 11:11 AM

Havana, Cuba (CNN) -- A man on a boat at a Havana marina told CNN's Patrick Oppmann he is Josh Hakken, the U.S. man accused of kidnapping his sons and sailing them to Cuba.

He declined to answer questions, and Cuban security asked a CNN reporter to leave.

The man, who fit Hakken's description, was with a woman who fits the description of his wife. Both were aboard a blue sailboat named "Salty." The CNN reporter also saw one child on the boat.

Hakken, a Louisiana man who lost custody of his two young sons, is accused of abducting them, together with his wife, according to a Florida sheriff's department.

[Original story, posted at 10:43 p.m. Tuesday]

Father suspected of sneaking sons to Cuba

(CNN) -- An American family survived a treacherous journey on rough seas if what authorities suspect is true: that they sailed from Florida to Cuba.

Fla. Rep.: Castro gives criminals refuge Search for kidnapped kids leads to Cuba

A Louisiana man who lost custody of his two young sons is accused of abducting them. The search is now focused on Cuba, where the man, together with his wife and the boys, may have fled, according to a Florida sheriff's department.

Authorities believe the father, Joshua Michael Hakken of Louisiana, abducted his sons Chase, 2, and Cole, 4, early Wednesday after breaking into the Florida home of the children's grandmother and tying her up.

The U.S. Interest Section in Havana "is aware of this case and is in contact with local authorities to get more information," a State Department official in Washington told CNN Tuesday. The official would not comment further, citing "privacy considerations."

But a source close to the search told CNN that Cuban officials are cooperating with U.S. authorities in the search. It has not been confirmed that the Hakkens are in Cuba, said the source, who declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Some worry that recovering the children, if they are in Cuba, would be difficult.

"Unfortunately, these parents and these poor children, these innocent ones, will now be in a country where there are no laws, there is no redress, and that has been a refuge for fugitives and wanted criminals for many years," Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R- Florida, told CNN.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2010/1004/360_elian_gonzales_0421.jpg

In Havana, Lynn Roche, an official with the U.S. Interest Section, said section officials couldn't discuss any case of an American who hasn't signed a privacy act waiver.
And an official with the Cuban Foreign Ministry said Monday evening that his agency was unaware of the case and had not received any requests for help from U.S. officials.
The boys had been removed from the care of Hakken and his wife, Sharyn Patricia Hakken, last year, and on April 2, the couple's parental rights were terminated in Louisiana, investigators say.

The abduction report triggered an Amber Alert for the children, but there were no reported sightings.

Joshua Hakken, described as an anti-government protester, was believed to be armed, according to the Hillsborough County sheriff's office in Tampa, the site of last week's alleged abduction. Investigators believe his wife was with him.

On Monday, the sheriff's department released a statement saying it had "received information that the Hakken family had arrived in Cuba."

The brief statement did not offer any specifics about the information but added, "We are currently working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation who is in contact with the U.S. State Department to verify this information."

That followed a statement Friday from the same department saying it had obtained information that Joshua Hakken recently bought a 25-foot sailboat.

(Universal boat background checks coming - AF)

There is no extradition treaty between Cuba and the United States, although there have been recent cases in which Americans sought for crimes in the United States and discovered in Havana have been sent back by the Cubans.

The FBI currently estimates there are around 70 fugitives from U.S. justice in Cuba, which is one of the reasons Cuba remains on the U.S. list of countries that support state terrorism. Most of the American fugitives in Cuba have been there for decades and have ties to revolutionary movements or radical groups.

Last week, the police department in Slidell, Louisiana, issued its own statement offering background on the Hakkens and why the boys were taken from the parents last year.

In June of 2012, Slidell police responded to a disturbance report at a hotel where Joshua and Sharyn Hakken were staying with their sons, the police statement said.

"When police arrived, both Mr. and Mrs. Hakken were acting in a bizarre manner that alarmed officers. They were talking about 'completing their ultimate journey' and were traveling across the country to 'take a journey to the Armageddon'," the Slidell police statement said, adding, "Let it be noted that both of their children were present in the hotel room at the time."

Because of the parents' behavior and "the fact that narcotics and weapons were located inside of the hotel room," the children were taken by child welfare officers, and Joshua Hakken was arrested on drug charges, the statement said.

"Approximately two weeks later, Slidell Police were notified that Mr. Hakken had shown up to the foster family home ... with a firearm demanding the return of his children," the Slidell police statement continued. "The foster parents called 911, and Mr. Hakken fled without his children. We have heard nothing until (Wednesday)."

At some point over the past few months, the children were sent to Tampa to live with their grandmother, Patricia Hauser, the mother of Sharyn Hakken.

"Somehow they found out where the kids were," said Detective Larry McKinnon of the Hillsborough County sheriff's office.

Sheriff's investigators say Joshua Hakken entered Hauser's home at 6:30 a.m. last Wednesday. She told police that he tied her up and fled with the children in her silver 2009 Toyota Camry. That vehicle was found later that day just a couple of blocks away from the home.

Those investigators told CNN they believe Joshua Hakken joined up with his wife, who was waiting in their pickup truck, and the family drove to a parking garage. A short time later, investigators said, Hakken is believed to have taken a sailboat out of a private slip in nearby Madeira Beach.

Surveillance images showed the boat sailing into the Gulf of Mexico about three and a half hours after the boys disappeared from their grandmother's home, investigators said, adding that the photos showed adults and children onboard.

torchbearer
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
the guy looks familiar.

phill4paul
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
So he made it to Cuba? Good on him. Sad day when American's have to escape to Cuba to get away from overbearing government. Fair winds and following seas!

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 12:53 PM
So he made it to Cuba? Good on him. Sad day when American's have to escape to Cuba to get away from overbearing government. Fair winds and following seas!

My thoughts exactly.

S.Shorland
04-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Your government will pay ANY price to get the Hakkens back.Until you see the press conference denouncing America,hold your breath.

kcchiefs6465
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Watched the news last night and they said that US officials said they contacted Cuba asking for them to hand over the family. They said Cuba denied hearing any such request, lmao. They ended by saying that that was a typical response from Cuba because of strained relations.

The Goat
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Cuba probably only checks the US messages every 6 months or so. lol

Watched the news last night and they said that US officials said they contacted Cuba asking for them to hand over the family. They said Cuba denied hearing any such request, lmao. They ended by saying that that was a typical response from Cuba because of strained relations.

torchbearer
04-09-2013, 04:26 PM
cuba is handing the people and kids back over to the mafia government of the amerikan empire.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
cuba is handing the people and kids back over to the mafia government of the amerikan empire.

Prison Planet.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

Submit and comply or fight and die.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Well at least they were not massacred at sea.

The kids will go back to granny's and the rightful parents will rot in the gulag, until dead.

Outside, it's Amerika.

presence
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
(AP) HAVANA - Cuba says it will turn over to the United States a Florida couple who allegedly kidnapped their own children from the mother's parents and fled by boat to Havana.

Pictures: Fla. man accused of kidnapping two boys (http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10016370.html)
Foreign Ministry official Johana Tablada told The Associated Press in a written statement that Cuba had informed U.S. authorities of the country's decision to turn over Joshua Michael Hakken, his wife Sharyn and their two young boys.
She did not say when the handover would occur.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57578744-504083/hakken-kidnapping-update-cuba-will-return-fla-parents-and-kidnapped-young-sons-to-u.s-report-says/

erowe1
04-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Prison Planet.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

Submit and comply or fight and die.

And people still tell me, "If you don't like the government here, then just go somewhere else."

Expatriate
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57578744-504083/hakken-kidnapping-update-cuba-will-return-fla-parents-and-kidnapped-young-sons-to-u.s-report-says/

(AP) HAVANA - Cuba says it will turn over to the United States a Florida couple who allegedly kidnapped their own children from the mother's parents and fled by boat to Havana.

Pictures: Fla. man accused of kidnapping two boys
Foreign Ministry official Johana Tablada told The Associated Press in a written statement that Cuba had informed U.S. authorities of the country's decision to turn over Joshua Michael Hakken, his wife Sharyn and their two young boys.
She did not say when the handover would occur.

Cuba: You return our dissidents, we return yours. Tyranny slap-five!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2010/2/19/1266607624275/Elian-Gonzalez-held-by-Do-001.jpg

shane77m
04-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I really don't think a lot of the people in the comment sections of the news stories have children. If they do have kids, they must not care about them. I don't think I would sleep knowing that my children were in the hands of the state.

Dr.3D
04-09-2013, 09:12 PM
And people still tell me, "If you don't like the government here, then just go somewhere else."
Amerika, love it or leave it. Or try to anyway.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Amerika, love it or leave it. Or try to anyway.

Amerika, love it or else.

erowe1
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
I'd like to have a discussion with anyone who opposes deporting those German homeschoolers, but who also thinks that our government should pursue the extradition of these non-kidnappers.

Dr.3D
04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Amerika, love it or else.

Love it at the point of a gun.

TheTexan
04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I like this top rated comment on CNN, 962 likes.. on CNN..

"Unfortunately, these parents and these poor children, these innocent ones, will now be in a country where there are no laws, there is no redress, and that has been a refuge for fugitives and wanted criminals for many years,"

They went to Washington D.C.?

Anti Federalist
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
"Unfortunately, these parents and these poor children, these innocent ones, will now be in a country where there are no laws, there is no redress, and that has been a refuge for fugitives and wanted criminals for many years,"

They went to Washington D.C.?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkrjnNkHM1qm80h0o1_500.gif

phill4paul
04-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Already back in Amerika. :(

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?410762-Officials-Hakkens-back-in-Tampa-after-Cubans-turn-them-over

Wonder what deals were made?

fisharmor
04-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Wonder what deals were made?

Someone agreed to part a rusted-out '56 Chevy and ship it down there.

Wooden Indian
04-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I thought that Cuba might support the family (mostly for propaganda purposes), but it turns out that evil men are simply incapable of doing good. Fuck you, Cuba.

S.Shorland
04-10-2013, 08:09 AM
I sent the Cuban embassy a rude message but it didn't make me feel better.

tod evans
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Poor kids!

Poor parents...:o

TheTexan
04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Thats fucked up.

tod evans
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd smile if some of "those" folks down in Texas decided to visit the judge and prosecutor in this case...:cool:

Pericles
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
I'd smile if some of "those" folks down in Texas decided to visit the judge and prosecutor in this case...:cool:

Well targeted, limited violence does seem to have an effect.

Dr.3D
04-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Something needs to be done to keep the original kidnappers from doing these things in the first place. Anybody who takes the children from the parents is the kidnapper. All the parents did was rescue the children from the kidnappers. But somehow everything got reversed and they were targeted as the kidnappers.

Occam's Banana
04-10-2013, 05:38 PM
I thought that Cuba might support the family (mostly for propaganda purposes), but it turns out that evil men are simply incapable of doing good. Fuck you, Cuba.

I didn't. This ended exactly as I feared it would when I heard they had made it to Cuba. Maybe if the Hakkens had been Marxists, things might have been different.

But I don't know of anywhere - and certainly not Cuba - that would have any interest in harboring "anti-government" refugees from some other country (and especially when that "other country" is the U.S.)

TheTexan
04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Two young boys seem unaware their parents kidnapped them and believe their sailboat trip to Cuba was only a vacation, not an attempt by their mom and dad to flee U.S. authorities, the children's grandparents said Thursday.

Patricia and Bob Hauser said they want to get the boys back to a normal schedule and "just be carefree little boys again." The grandparents were awarded custody of the young boys before their parents kidnapped them, detectives said.

"We haven't asked the boys anything about the journey," Patricia Hauser said at a news conference outside their house in suburban Tampa. "We're just letting them tell us as things come out, if they feel like talking. We're just treating it like a vacation."

The grandparents have legal custody of 4-year-old Cole and 2-year-old Chase, who appeared briefly during the news conference to say "hi." Cole jokingly struck a pose on the lawn for the cameras and stuck out his tongue. Chase held up his toy cars.

Their parents, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken, were charged with kidnapping the boys and ordered to remain in jail without bond. Judge Walter Heinrich ordered them to have no contact with any of the victims or witnesses in the case. (victims? what victims? -b)

They'll face a judge during a pretrial detention hearing on Friday. Heinrich told the couple that they could be ordered to remain in jail without bond until their cases are resolved, depending on the evidence presented at the hearing.

The pretrial detention hearing was requested by special prosecutor Jennifer Johnson, who declined to comment after the hearing on why she asked for it. The Hakkens are being represented by the public defender's office, which has also declined comment.

Joshua and Sharyn Hakken arrived in Florida early Wednesday with their sons and the family dog, accompanied by federal, state and local authorities after being handed over by Cuban officials. The children were "happy and sleepy" on a flight back to the U.S., sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said in an email Wednesday.

Friends of the couple say they seemed to have a charmed life, doting on their two young boys, buying a comfortable home and building successful careers as engineers.

"This is a train that went completely off the tracks, and I don't have any explanation for how it can go off the track that badly basically in a year and a half. It's very bizarre," said Darrell Hanecki, who employed Sharyn Hakken for nearly a decade at Hanecki Consulting Engineers.

Hanecki said Wednesday that she was an easygoing and relaxed employee who worked from the home they owned in sunny Tampa so she could spend more time with the kids. She brought the boys into the office a few times to show them off to her colleagues.

"The kids were really well-behaved. From everything I could tell, she was a great mom. Her kids were definitely her priority," Hanecki said.

Sharyn Hakken's husband, Joshua, also seemed to show few signs of trouble. He attended the U.S. Air Force Academy from 1996 to 1998 but did not graduate, according to academy spokesman Sgt. Vann Miller, who declined to provide further details.

Joshua Hakken also worked as an engineer, employed at one point by Hahn Engineering, Inc. A woman who answered the company's phone Wednesday declined comment. Last year, the couple started their own company, listing Sharyn as president and Joshua as vice president, but it's unclear what type of business it was.

Then, last year, police in Louisiana came upon a disturbing scene in a hotel room: The Hakkens were inside with drugs and weapons (LEGAL weapons.. -b), talking about "completing their ultimate journey" and saying they were traveling across the country to "take a journey to the Armageddon," Daniel Seuzeneau, a spokesman for Slidell Police, said in a news release. Their two children were in the room at the time.

After that arrest, the Hakkens lost custody of the boys, who were initially sent to a foster home. Authorities say Joshua Hakken tried and failed to kidnap them at gunpoint from the home.

Last week, the boys' maternal grandparents were granted custody. That's when police say Joshua Hakken broke into the home, tied up his mother-in-law, took the children and eventually set sail for Cuba. An affidavit made public Thursday said Joshua Hakken used flex cuffs to tie his mother-in-law to a filing cabinet in her house.

Federal, state and local authorities searched by air and sea for the sailboat Joshua Hakken had recently purchased. They were found in Cuba, thanks to a crucial tip from the person who sold the boat to Hakken.

The blinds at the Hakken household were drawn tight Wednesday. An "infowars.com" bumper sticker was pasted on their mailbox, a reference to conservative radio personality Alex Jones' website.

A white SUV was in the driveway where neighbors said they usually saw a small boat parked. The boat was such a common presence that it was noticeable when it disappeared last week, said neighbor Simon Castillo.

"I'm just surprised the little thing made it all the way to Cuba," Castillo said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/11/us-couple-accused-kidnapping-their-2-children-brought-back-from-cuba-jailed-in/#ixzz2QrwE1XBp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many more lives must the state claim before its enough?

Dr.3D
04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
I didn't. This ended exactly as I feared it would when I heard they had made it to Cuba. Maybe if the Hakkens had been Marxists, things might have been different.

But I don't know of anywhere - and certainly not Cuba - that would have any interest in harboring "anti-government" refugees from some other country (and especially when that "other country" is the U.S.)
But then they wouldn't have been "anti-government" refugees and Cuba would have been friends with them. Seems like the U.S. government is mostly Marxist leaning lately anyway.

Mani
04-18-2013, 09:01 PM
It's pretty sick they used the amber alert on the parents......that just seems so twisted......

:(

leverguy
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
God I hate the way this turned out. It says something about this country when they had to flee to Cuba for freedom! Humanity in general is seriously fucked up and I fear that we're in for another round of "endarkenment" before the next enlightenment sets in. I guess it was good while it lasted...

bolil
04-18-2013, 10:38 PM
God I hate the way this turned out. It says something about this country when they had to flee to Cuba for freedom! Humanity in general is seriously fucked up and I fear that we're in for another round of "endarkenment" before the next enlightenment sets in. I guess it was good while it lasted...

Cycles. Human spirit can be restrained, but eventually the tension will become to great for any restraint and all that energy will be released. Will it be used constructively or destructively? I do not know.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Federal, state and local authorities searched by air and sea for the sailboat Joshua Hakken had recently purchased. They were found in Cuba, thanks to a crucial tip from the person who sold the boat to Hakken.

See Something Say Something.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2013, 10:51 PM
The Hakkens are being represented by the public defender's office, which has also declined comment

Oh Jesus, these people are fucked.

They will die in the gulag.

leverguy
04-18-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh Jesus, these people are fucked.

They will die in the gulag.

I just hope that somebody someday tells those boys the actual truth about their parents - that they loved them enough to sacrifice their lives for them - and help them see through the .gov sponsored brainwashing they're sure to receive.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
I just hope that somebody someday tells those boys the actual truth about their parents - that they loved them enough to sacrifice their lives for them - and help them see through the .gov sponsored brainwashing they're sure to receive.

I hope so too...

Mani
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
"Unfortunately, these parents and these poor children, these innocent ones, will now be in a country where there are no laws, there is no redress, and that has been a refuge for fugitives and wanted criminals for many years," Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R- Florida, told CNN.

Seriously, who says this kind of ignorant shit????

They make it sound like these people have landed in some dirty filthy hell hole with rapists and murders running rampant. More dangerous than some fucking Mad Max movie.

Cuba is a tourist paradise, everyone I know who's been there, LOVES IT.

Ask any Canadian! They go there like crazy on family trips! WTF!

Go to tripadvisor and see Cuba is even loaded with THOUSANDS of hotel reviews from people all over the world visiting and having Caribbean vacations:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g147270-Cuba-Hotels.html

It's a fucking Tropical paradise!!!

How do people even utter this stream of bullshit???

Is the entire fucking world upside??? Is the USA so fucking backward, so they can just utter complete NONSENSE ALL THE TIME?

And china is some communist hell hole with 10 billion people on bicycles and no proper roads.

And India has no civilization, just rickshaws and elephants.

And People in South Korea are crying day and night, shitting in their pants over North Korea and thinking maybe they are kissing their children goodnight for the last time.

And Cuba is a lawless shithole with thieves and criminals...The children won't survive the night...BITCH Your describing DETROIT not Cuba. Oh I see...she's one of the cuban americans....They are the worst.

Anytime they have a chance to shit on Cuba, they jump on it...So fucking ridiculous the nonsense they spout. This lady actually advocated assassinating Fidel. But she's just so worried about the children, the poor innocent children....Glad she was able to see the kids get SAVED...So the kids will NEVER grow up to see their parents...EVER. Glad the state saved those kids.

TheTexan
06-30-2013, 02:34 AM
bump

QuickZ06
06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
"I'm just surprised the little thing made it all the way to Cuba," Castillo said.

O lord, guess they have never seen the shacks they build to get over here. And you can practically walk to Cuba from Key West because it is so shallow.

This is a very sad story.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Gonna search for updates today

jclay2
06-30-2013, 12:48 PM
I just want to cry for these poor parents. They really do go after the rich professionals. I live in Chicago and you wouldn't believe the stuff that cps just turns a blind eye to. My spouse, who works as a nurse, once had a kid that was burned in a tumbling dryer go back to a single drugged out mother.