PDA

View Full Version : Demonstrators protest in San Diego against use of drones

CaseyJones
04-07-2013, 08:40 AM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-drone-protest20130406,0,7719570.story

Several dozen demonstrators led by CodePink activists were in downtown San Diego on Saturday to protest the use by the U.S. of unmanned drones to conduct surveillance and air strikes.

On a patch of public property adjacent to the carrier Midway museum, demonstrators read the names of teenage civilians purportedly killed in Yemen and Pakistan by drone air strikes.

Among the protest signs were those reading "Made locally, Killing globally" and "Drones Kill Children."

more at link ^

CaseyJones
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
bump

Keith and stuff
04-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm glad that people are doing this in a variety of places. People have been doing this in Keene, New Hampshire every Saturday around noon at the Peace Vigil for months. I hope this continues to spread.

CaseyJones
04-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm glad that people are doing this in a variety of places. People have been doing this in Keene, New Hampshire every Saturday around noon at the Peace Vigil for months. I hope this continues to spread.

ya it's part of this

Anti-drones activists plan month of protest over Obama's 'kill' policy

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409252-Anti-drones-activists-plan-month-of-protest-over-Obama-s-kill-policy

Keith and stuff
04-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Lol. An article from the UK. No wonder I haven't seen any media coverage of the months of continuous stuff happening in Keene, NH. Thank goodness Rand Paul brought this issue to national attention so people talked about it a little bit.

Czolgosz
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
lol

Also, sorry LA crooks and bank robbers. The FBI is going to put aerial systems to combat your rash of bank robberies. You saw it mocked in "Enemy of the State". In that case, it was low orbit satellites. While that system does exist on limited use, the new system uses drones that stay aloft for hours at a time, mainly during banking hours. They have a brand new technology of a 19 gigapixed camera. Yes, that's 19 billion pixel camera. While it is aloft, it simply records everything that happens in a 5x5 mile section. The bank robbery happens and the FBI can zoom down and read tags on cars. But most important, they can capture the single or double car exchange. On a big heist, they will steal two cars and make two exchanges. It can capture the excange and see the final car the robbers used. It can then follow them to their hiding place. The police simply knock on the door and make the arrest. It also solved home invasions, burglaries, hit and run wrecks, and a whole host of crimes. Once again, all from these "deadly" drones.