PDA

View Full Version : Krugman Shushed

acptulsa
04-07-2013, 08:03 AM
On This Week, Paul Krugman insisted that overregulation wasn't harming small business and preventing them from hiring. He started to say what he thought it was, but the rest of the panel talked him down and changed the subject. Author David Stockman said government was broken and good for nothing. Krugman decided that the economy wasn't so bad because it just meant that people were 'retiring early' (whether they could afford to or not). Everyone else, after discussing how SSI disability claims were up, food stamp payments were up, and the defecit was up, decided that we weren't doing enough stimulus spending and the president was listening to the Republicans too much.

Prior to this, we learned from Greta Van Susteren, who looks like she's scowling even when she smiles, that North Korea was really scary and somebody's uncle knows a coworker's roommate who is third cousin to the guy who polishes shoes for the general staff, and North Korea might have a missile that can reach U.S. soil--though whether that means Los Angeles, or Guam, or merely Okinawa isn't exactly clear. And peace? No talk about peace, though Stockman did mention that the U.S. had never had a recession this long during peacetime. David Sanger owned the show. He mentioned that nothing about U.S. policy has done anything to encourage nations like North Korea to give up their nukes. 'Ghaddafi gave up his nukes and look what happened to him. Hussein never had any and look what happened to him.'

Oh, and Hillary's coming. As George Will dryly noted, she came at us eight years ago, too, and lost to Obama.

acptulsa
04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
I just heard Lindsay Graham use the phrase 'a nightmare in the making' on Meet the Press while beating the war drums for Korea. He has me convinced. War with North Korea would be so gay.

'...and that's why I appreciate so much what the president's doing.' Graham almost came out of the closet there. He almost admitted that, in reality, he's a... a... Democrat!

itshappening
04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks again for watching the pantomime show so we don't have to!

acptulsa
04-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Meet the Press had Cramer on to say that the only thing wrong with the economy is Obama was scaremongering over the sequester when he should have kept up with promoting irrational exhuberance, and then the whole panel told Democrats to get in line behind Hillary for 2016.

Fox promised a lot of crowing about holding the line on gun control after Newtown, but I got called away and didn't get back until they were warmongering over Korea. Faze the Nation didn't do an amateurish job of this latter--they called in our great national wizened gnome Madeline Albright to do it.

A Son of Liberty
04-07-2013, 10:14 AM
You're on a roll today, acp. I particularly enjoyed, "...our great national wizened gnome Madeleine Albright..." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo

Although, 'gnome' has a more innocuous connotation. I might suggest, "our great national wizened orc, Madeleine Albright". Or perhaps, "our great national wizened gremlin, Madeleine Albright."

HOLLYWOOD
04-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Ameerka's 'Propaganda Sundays'

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hTzwtwwd7-c/Tixm1dwtBLI/AAAAAAAABOg/OdxWL9hqVgs/s1600/vintage-war-propaganda-posters04.jpg

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Ameerka's 'Propaganda Sundays'

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hTzwtwwd7-c/Tixm1dwtBLI/AAAAAAAABOg/OdxWL9hqVgs/s1600/vintage-war-propaganda-posters04.jpg

The Sunday shows are nothing but propaganda, spewed by spokespeople for the elite crony Marxists. So much more sophisticated than Pravda used to be. They have improved their techniques since then.

anaconda
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I just heard Lindsay Graham use the phrase 'a nightmare in the making'

He must have been referring to his potential 2014 reelection.

mczerone
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I browsed through the morning shows this morning, without stopping to see what was being said:

Krugman, George Will, Jim Cramer, John McCain...

I turned on some DVR'd Ancient Aliens. At least Georgio doesn't want to force the whole world to live according to his cockamamie theories.

pathtofreedom
04-19-2013, 08:17 PM
You can never have too many regulations. Regulations are an end goal unto themselves. Regulations are freedom.

Tinnuhana
04-19-2013, 08:53 PM
or merely Okinawa
...was that an exact quote? And why would they bomb that far south when they can hit a US base much closer (Misawa A B)?

Lucille
04-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Where, pray tell, is acptulsa? I miss him, and always appreciate his Sunday morning round-ups.

Via twitter: Senator Dan Coats just suggested on #ThisWeek that anyone who's a "loner" in a classroom should be IDed as a potential terrorist.