PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives Demand Broadcast News Cover Abortion Monster Trial

itshappening
04-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Twenty prominent conservatives have joined Media Research Center (MRC) President Brent Bozell to demand broadcast networks, like ABC, NBC, and CBS cover the story of an abortion doctor on trial for murdering born-alive babies in Philadelphia.

The group is asking that the testimony of the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood in favor of killing babies who survived botched abortions be covered as well.

The conservative leaders—like Bozell, Craig Shirley, Richard Viguerie, David Bossie, and Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the effective and influential Susan B. Anthony List—called the media's blackout "unprofessional," "disgusting," and "inhuman."

Kermit Gosnell, a Philadelphia abortion doctor who made millions performing late-term abortions, has been accused of murdering seven born-alive babies in a run-down abortion clinic that has been described as a "house of horrors." He allegedly committed infanticide by plunging scissors into their necks and may face the death penalty.

NBC, CBS, and ABC have devoted no time on their morning and evening broadcasts to the Gosnell case, according to the MRC's research. Gosnell's trial started three weeks ago. Video of the Planned Parenthood testimony surfaced on March 29.

“If the pro-life movement were involved in this type of insanity, there would be wall-to-wall coverage from every major news outlet," they said. "This cover-up is a national disgrace.”

They noted the Gosnell case "could have been plucked from the fever dream of Hollywood’s most depraved slasher film writer, and yet ABC, CBS, and NBC have completely censored it out of the news," while "the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates’ on-the-record position in support of murdering living children is staggering in its radicalism."

"Yet ABC, CBS, and NBC have completely censored it out of the news," they said.

The conservative leaders noted the mainstream networks, in contrast, have critically covered pro-life laws in North Dakota and Arkansas. They said the "horrific excesses of the abortion industry–exemplified by Gosnell and Planned Parenthood–are major, national news stories any way you look at them," but the pro-abortion mainstream media "are determined to hide them from the public."

"The media have a solemn duty to the American people to report the news, not just news that helps the positions they support," they wrote. "It’s unprofessional, it’s disgusting, and it’s inhuman."

The MRC's research discovered:

Since the Gosnell trial began three weeks ago, ABC, CBS, and NBC have given the story zero seconds of coverage on either their morning or evening news shows. They have not covered Gosnell once since his arrest in January 2011, and even then, only CBS did so.

After the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates’ testimony in favor of post-birth abortions surfaced on March 29, ABC, CBS, and NBC have committed zero seconds of coverage on either of their morning or evening news shows.

ABC, CBS, and NBC have each covered the new abortion laws in North Dakota and Arkansas, describing them as the “most restrictive” in the nation.

The conservative leaders demanding the mainstream media end their blackout of these stories include: L. Brent Bozell, III, President and Founder, Media Research Center; Diana Banister, Vice President, Shirley & Bannister Public Affairs; Gary Bauer, President, American Values; David N. Bossie, President, Citizens United; Brian Burch, President, Catholic Vote; Susan Carleson, Chairman/CEO, American Civil Rights Union; Kellyanne Conway, President, The Polling Company, Inc./Woman Trend; Marjorie Dannenfelser, President, Susan B. Anthony List; Mark Fitzgibbons, President of Corporate Affairs, American Target Advertising; Andrea Lafferty, Traditional Values Coalition; Mario Lopez, President, Hispanic Leadership Fund; Jim Martin, Chairman, 60 Plus Association; Gary Marx, Executive Director, Faith and Freedom Coalition; Jeanne Monahan, President of March for Life Education and Defense Fund; Penny Nance, President, Concerned Women for America; Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director, Priests for Life; President, National Pro-life Religious Council.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/04/Conservative-Leaders-Demand-MSM-End-Censorship-of-House-of-Horrors-Abortion-Doc-On-Trial-for-Infanticide

kathy88
04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Conservative leaders? Hardly.

NativeOne
04-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Where was this out cry from these (?conservative?) leaders, during the republican nomination process and the black out of Ron Paul???

muh_roads
04-06-2013, 09:44 AM
We should also show the "collateral damage" of our wars blowing apart little kids on TV...would this same group be in favor of that?

I highly doubt it.

Christian Liberty
04-06-2013, 09:49 AM
We should also show the "collateral damage" of our wars blowing apart little kids on TV...would this same group be in favor of that?

I highly doubt it.

I think they should show both...

I hate abortion AND non-defensive war.

muh_roads
04-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I think they should show both...

I hate abortion AND non-defensive war.

I hate stories like this too. But I don't hate abortion. Just because someone is sticking gum under the school desks shouldn't ban everyone from chewing gum in class.