PDA

View Full Version : Food workers fired as Mass. students denied lunch

aGameOfThrones
04-05-2013, 10:46 PM
ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) -- A food service company spokesman said Friday it has fired four employees after about two dozen students at a Massachusetts middle school were denied lunches this week because their prepaid meal accounts ran low.

"There is a zero tolerance for any individual who leaves a child hungry," said Todd Shapiro, a spokesman for Islandia, N.Y.-based Whitsons Culinary Group.

The lunch decision outraged parents, who said some students at Coelho Middle School in Attleboro cried Tuesday after being told they couldn't eat. Parents and school officials said some students were told to throw their lunches away when they reached the checkout.

Whitsons officials apologized Friday and said it was a violation of its policy that only occurred at Coelho, which has students in fifth through eighth grades.

http://news.yahoo.com/food-workers-fired-mass-students-235257655.html

Natural Citizen
04-05-2013, 11:02 PM
I have a problem with telling a kid to throw the food away because he/she hadn't re-upped their lunch account yet. This is growth versus survival 101. Different kinds of "people" require different fuel to exist. This paper demonstrates it perfectly.

Schifference
04-06-2013, 07:54 AM
This sounds great! Sounds to me like it equates to free lunch for any that don't want to pay. No lunch will be denied. So just don't ever bring any money. Oh but wait the unpaid tab will probably be levied as a tax lien against your home if you own one. So this theory only works for apartment dwellers with jobs because as we all know everyone on section 8 housing receiving food stamps already qualifies for free lunch. If i remember correctly I think it was in Chicago a parent cannot even pack / supply a homemade nutritious lunch. Kids were forced to eat school food. As writing this a thought came to mind. Why do we have free or low cost housing, food stamps, free heating oil, cell phones, free child day care,....... and so on? Why not just give every poor person a certain dollar amount in cold hard cash to do with as they please and eliminate all the entities? Without the safety net of free home, food, energy, health care..... people would have to be responsible spenders even when poor.