PDA

View Full Version : TN-Women hit and killed by three cars, nobody stops.

Anti Federalist
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Woman hit by three vehicles, dies; no one stopped

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130405/NEWS/304050014/Mid-South-briefs-Woman-hit-by-three-vehicles-dies-no-one-stopped-FBI-Man-charged-murder-Fort-Knox-shooting-Ex-mayor-given-suspended-sentence-bigamy-case-?nclick_check=1

MEMPHIS (AP) – Police in Memphis are investigating a pedestrian death in which a woman was struck by three different vehicles, none of which stopped.

According to WMC-TV, a woman who police identified as Dinah Springfield was first struck by a white car as she tried to cross Winchester Road in the Whitehaven neighborhood around 8 p.m. Tuesday. Police said she was dragged several feet and struck again, this time by a white van.

A third vehicle, a light-colored car, also struck Springfield, who was taken to the Regional Medical Center, where she died.

Employees at a nearby store said police looked at their surveillance video, but rainy weather made it hard to see the images.

heavenlyboy34
04-05-2013, 10:15 PM
WTF? :(

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 10:20 PM
All's fine. She was probably jay walking. Driver safety. We know not to steer to avoid animals thus causing a potentially worse vehicular accident. Citizen safety. Two days paid administration leave for the offenders. And mandatory counseling paid for by insurance.

Matt Collins
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
According to WMC-TV, a woman who police identified as Dinah Springfield was first struck by a white car as she tried to cross Winchester Road in the Whitehaven neighborhood around 8 p.m. Tuesday. Police said she was dragged several feet and struck again, this time by a white van.
Yikes! :eek: :eek: :eek: That's where my grandmother used to live

RickyJ
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Employees at a nearby store said police looked at their surveillance video, but rainy weather made it hard to see the images.

Likely the drivers didn't see her either. They may not even know they hit a person.

Smart3
04-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Prosecute the first car, not the other two.

Keith and stuff
04-05-2013, 10:47 PM
All's fine. She was probably jay walking.

No, seriously, though. People do jump out at you in Memphis. You have to try hard to not hit people while driving in Memphis.

As for this woman, that's horrible. I am so sorry for her and her family. Hopefully people in Memphis learn about this story. People can never try hard enough to not hit walkers.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Likely the drivers didn't see her either. They may not even know they hit a person.

My grandmother ( MaMa) died being run over by a Pepsi truck.She was plowed under and dragged. Driver didn't know it until he was flagged down. The family settled for $40k ( funeral and travel expenses) and to have the whole town, every intersection, outfitted with crosswalks and crossing lights and bumper mirrors on trucks. Everyone in family hates Pepsi to this day. I drink one every now and again in here honor and the good she achieved in her final years.

CPUd
04-06-2013, 12:01 AM
No, seriously, though. People do jump out at you in Memphis. You have to try hard to not hit people while driving in Memphis.

As for this woman, that's horrible. I am so sorry for her and her family. Hopefully people in Memphis learn about this story. People can never try hard enough to not hit walkers.

Also, Whitehaven is not the best place to stop and get out of your car at night if you don't know anyone in that neighborhood. Especially if you just killed one of the neighbors.

kcchiefs6465
04-06-2013, 12:44 AM
None of them having licenses and insurance may have played a role.

Or they might have drank a beer before driving. Or they smoked a blunt. Or their taillight was out. Or they owed fines and didn't want to spend a few nights in jail. Or they are so morally fucked, since a child, that they really did not care less. Or they've been harrassed by the police so much they figured they be blamed and charged with a vehicular homicide and left in a cell to fight the charges. (which they probably would have been convicted of... public pretender and all)

Some cities are brutal. A man was put in a coma a while ago inside a gas station. Multiple customers stepped over his body to pay.

Sad story.

Oh, and CPUD's post above me.

oyarde
04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
I am not suprised.

kcchiefs6465
04-06-2013, 12:50 AM

People might try to be behind you while you are backing out to try to extort from you if you are drinking. [that they'll call the cops] (watch out at liquor stores, in states with designated State stores) I've had to deal with a few degenerate c****. Aside from that, I doubt anyone is jumping in front of a car moving above 5-10 mph unless they are suicidal. Watch for them as much as you would in any other city.

DamianTV
04-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Every city is going to have its share of assholes. And every group is going to have its share of assholes that hide behind the true morality of the group to which they claim to belong.

---

So let me tell you for a brief second about my day.

I went to a job interview. Process is still on-going.

Then I left, and saw my last employer, who I am still on good terms with. I waved hello.

Then I came across a couple whose car had run out of gas just a quarter mile from the gas station. They asked if I had a gas can. I told them I dont, because honestly , I dont. But I pulled right the fuck over and helped them push their car to the gas station. I think the guy was black, but honestly I dont rembember and dont really give a shit. He needed a very small effort from someone else and could be about his business.

Why would any asshole in their right mind even consider helping a black guy with a car that was out of gas (actually, he might have been arabic, not that it matters?) and just needed a push to the gas station? Because I would hope that when I come into the same situation, someone would not judge me for my race or skin color or color or type of car (unless it was a 100,000 pound fucking semi truck, which would be reasonable at that point) and offer me the same assistance.

When I see someone in trouble, I approach that situation as if absolutely no one else is going to do a fucking thing about it. This hurts me to say more than anything else to say, but most of the time, I am right. I want to be the one that proves them all wrong. People still do give a shit.

asurfaholic
04-06-2013, 06:28 AM
When I see someone in trouble, I approach that situation as if absolutely no one else is going to do a fucking thing about it. This hurts me to say more than anything else to say, but most of the time, I am right. I want to be the one that proves them all wrong. People still do give a shit.

Same here. I am one to go out of my way to help others.

KrokHead
04-06-2013, 06:53 AM
THIS IS POPO'S FAULT!!!

PaulConventionWV
04-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Same here. I am one to go out of my way to help others.

I like to think I would, too, but oddly enough, I never find myself in those situations.

brushfire
04-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Terrible story... Government creates this behavior - it instills the mindset that "its always someone elses job".

At least they didnt loot her corpse. I recall this incident from a few years back where a pizza shop owner shot an armed robber. While the robber lay dying on the ground, another guy loots him! It reminds me of bass fishing and landing a musky on the hooked bass - madness. Gun shots - dying guy on the ground - cha.fkn.ching, b!tch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maNz_N06m9A