PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Snipes released from FedCoat prison

Anti Federalist
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Actor Wesley Snipes released from prison

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/05/showbiz/wesley-snipes-released/?hpt=hp_c3

(CNN) -- Actor Wesley Snipes has been released from a federal prison where he was serving a three-year sentence after being convicted on tax charges in February 2010.

The release to a supervised residential location in New York occurred Tuesday, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told CNN.

Snipes, 50, who starred in the "Blade" action movies and "White Men Can't Jump," had been serving time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. A jury convicted him of willfully failing to file tax returns for 1999, 2000 and 2001. Snipes was acquitted of felony tax fraud and conspiracy charges.

In June 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of his sentence, which he had argued was too harsh for a misdemeanor conviction.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Your propaganda purpose has been served. Now get back to work!

kahless
04-05-2013, 05:03 PM
The comments are sickening. What a bunch of tax loving savages.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 05:05 PM
The comments are sickening. What a bunch of tax loving savages.

http://syllabusmagazine.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/crabs-300x225.jpg

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2013, 05:30 PM
The comments are sickening. What a bunch of tax loving savages.Half of those comments are probably paid CNN trolls, the other half are mooching zombies. Fuck those CNN Marxist propagandists.

I really hope Wesley Snipes does a movie about; the bullshit IRS, the Fraud/corruption of the US government, and the Prison Planet Washington DC is creating across America and around the world.

MRK
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Half of those comments are probably paid CNN trolls, the other half are mooching zombies. Fuck those CNN Marxist propagandists.

I really hope Wesley Snipes does a movie about; the bullshit IRS, the Fraud/corruption of the US government, and the Prison Planet Washington DC is creating across America and around the world.

Hmm, they might feel like popping him again if he did that. I'm sure they found more dirt on him in the investigation than they used and could charge him with another crime.

torchbearer
04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
they put them man in a cage because he didn't pay taxes? wtf?

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Hmm, they might feel like popping him again if he did that. I'm sure they found more dirt on him in the investigation than they used and could charge him with another crime.Probably... just like the super night club owner(LIMELIGHT, TUNNEL, etc): Peter Gatien... Found innocent of all the charges trumped-up by then crusading NYC AG Rudy Guliani and the FEDS, making them look like fools... only for the FEDS to hound him more on taxes, then after they took all his money in fines, etc... they found another law to deport him back to Canada.

That's why the IRS tax code is 75,000 pages... so complex, that even tax attorneys can't understand it all and everyone is forced to sign full responsibility of their returns.

Like John Stossel did that episode... Everything in America is illegal, you just don't know what laws you have broken. Maybe Snipes will join Tina Turner in Switzerland.

kcchiefs6465
04-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Good to hear.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 05:44 PM
they put them man in a cage because he didn't pay taxes? wtf?

Failure to FILE.

torchbearer
04-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Failure to FILE. that would be the reason he didn't bust out of that cage.

HOLLYWOOD
04-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Failure to FILE.Didn't he owe like $11-12 million in back taxes and of course, tons of fines & penalties?

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Didn't he owe like $11-12 million in back taxes and of course, tons of fines & penalties?

In February, a jury convicted Snipes on the misdemeanor charges, but he was acquitted of more serious felony charges of tax fraud and conspiracy. Jurors accepted his argument that he was innocently duped by errant tax advisers.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/12/09/snipes.jail/index.html

Working Poor
04-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I admired him for challenging the tax laws and felt bad that did not win. I was pulling for him. I am glad he is out it is very unusual for someone not to he to serve everyday of their sentence when the feds lock you up

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I admired him for challenging the tax laws and felt bad that did not win. I was pulling for him. I am glad he is out it is very unusual for someone not to he to serve everyday of their sentence when the feds lock you up

The example was made. Now they want their money.

Anti Federalist
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Half of those comments are probably paid CNN trolls, the other half are mooching zombies.

No, they are not.

They are your friends, neighbors, family...they are the people you see every day.

And they will turn your ass in, they will report your ass, in a heartbeat.

There will be no "mass awakening".

We will seize freedom and drag the rest along kicking and screaming all the way.

Or we will live in a state of servitude.

Or die.

kathy88
04-05-2013, 06:00 PM
that would be the reason he didn't bust out of that cage.

I see what you did there.

phill4paul
No, they are not.

They are your friends, neighbors, family...they are the people you see every day.

And they will turn your ass in, they will report your ass, in a heartbeat.

Choices:

One

We will seize freedom and drag the rest along kicking and screaming all the way.

Two

Three

Or die.

As simple as it gets.

torchbearer

Or die.
Unfortunately, this is truth. I hate it. I wish people would understand. But now its getting to the point of either its me who will surivive- or them. I know which corner i'm in.

puppetmaster
04-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Failure to FILE. they put him in a cage because he refused to sign a document that could incriminate himself. OMG

shane77m
04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
so much for the voluntary tax system

http://youtu.be/H6q0slMhDw8

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 06:48 PM
they put him in a cage because he refused to sign a document that could incriminate himself. OMG

Yup!

jclay2
04-05-2013, 06:53 PM
I wished so bad that Snipes would win his case before he got thrown in the cage. Would be nice, for once, to see a hollywood star win against the system as opposed to parading tyranny in like most of them do.