PDA

View Full Version : Rush: Legalizing weed 'Great issue for GOP'

itshappening
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUhPLXFn98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUhPLXFn98

abacabb
04-05-2013, 03:11 PM
So is making oxycotin legal without a 'scrip.

KrokHead
04-06-2013, 06:23 AM
If Republicans would get on the 'legalize it cuz freedom is good bandwagon' the democrats would probably be stupid and oppose it. It's stupid enough to work.

BAllen
04-06-2013, 07:26 AM
If Republicans would get on the 'legalize it cuz freedom is good bandwagon' the democrats would probably be stupid and oppose it. It's stupid enough to work.

Yeah, they really need to be the freedom party. They'd win by a large margin, then.

Brett85
04-06-2013, 07:35 AM
The Republicans would get a huge benefit politically if they came out in favor of marijuana legalization, and it would go along with all of the core principles they claim to support, since they claim to believe in limited government, individual liberty, free markets, and fiscal responsibility.

jonhowe
04-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Can someone please find old clips of him opposing this, before it was popular?

Brett85
04-06-2013, 07:46 AM

If you listen to the video he really wasn't supporting it. He sounded like he was just being sarcastic, like he usually is.

jonhowe
04-06-2013, 07:48 AM
If you listen to the video he really wasn't supporting it. He sounded like he was just being sarcastic, like he usually is.

I didn't listen to it. I cannot stand that man. I was tortured by my father for 10 years; he had it on every day (though, I only had to hear it during the summer months usually).

Brett85
04-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I didn't listen to it. I cannot stand that man. I was tortured by my father for 10 years; he had it on every day (though, I only had to hear it during the summer months usually).

I find him to be entertaining, but since I'm more on the libertarian side of conservatism, there are certainly several issues that I disagree with him on.

speciallyblend
04-06-2013, 08:31 AM
if the gop does not support legal marijuana(individual liberty/freedom/liberty). They will lose colorado and many other states and become the whigs. WIN WIN . The gop will have to support legal marijuana and hemp or they will never win colorado again. bottom line oppose legal marijuana and the gop will lose colorado and the election.

Most Colorado Voters expect the gop to oppose individual liberty,freedom so nothing new. expect the gop to shrink further down the rabbit hole if they oppose legal marijuana. Colorado voters will hold the big gov gop accountable since the gop has basically alienated voters no matter what the dems do.

voters in colorado nullified both parties and the federal gov with amendment 64 as well as medical marijuana over 10-20 years. They have had it with dems and republicans though most view the republican party as the folks that head the drug war and intrusions .Voters will eventually realize dems need to be removed to but since the gop runs pro drug war/anti-marijuana folks they get served first by voters.

It is nice seeing voters serve both parties losses but now you will see republicans and dems being removed for their drug war/marijuana stances. Sadly the gop has not learned yet how to stop opposing majority voter bases in colorado!!

itshappening
04-06-2013, 08:33 AM
if the gop does not support legal marijuana(individual liberty/freedom/liberty). They will lose colorado and many other states and become the whigs. WIN WIN . The gop will have to support legal marijuana and hemp or they will never win colorado again. bottom line oppose legal marijuana and the gop will lose colorado and the election.

Most expect the gop to oppose individual liberty,freedom so nothing new. expect the gop to shrink further down the rabbit hole if they oppose legal marijuana.

CO is already lost. Udall, Bennet and Hickenlooper LOL. Pathetic left-wing hacks. If CO doesn't clean house they deserve their slide into liberalism.

Working Poor
04-06-2013, 08:39 AM
well if Rs would get in front of this they would win the electionn and possibly the hears and minds of yje publiv.du

speciallyblend
04-06-2013, 08:49 AM
CO is already lost. Udall, Bennet and Hickenlooper LOL. Pathetic left-wing hacks. If CO doesn't clean house they deserve their slide into liberalism.

i guess if the gop wants to win they better start supporting individual rights and liberty. If the gop wants to win they better run candidates that can be trusted . The only party that elected udall,bennett and hickenlooper is the gop,rnc and colorado gop. Thank them for running crappy big gov pro drug war, anti liberty candidates. The gop elected these dems by default. I see voters looking outside the gop and looking for better candidates if the gop cannot deliver. Right now the gun/marijuana movement does not trust republicans and rightly so. I expect more 3rd parties candidates if the gop cannot deliver and odds are against the gop delivering. The dems have been winning in colorado by default only because the gop runs establishment big gov lovers. I expect the gop to throw elections until they are the whigs unless they get smart and stop opposing a majority voter base in colorado. I will let the gop sink their own ship. If the gop wants to save themselves i will help save them but if they refuse. I will let them sink. The gop elected udall,hickenlooper and bennett.

if you want to blame dems don't !! blame the gop for electing the dems because they ran BS candidates! dems only win in colorado by default!

CaseyJones
04-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Marijuana Gun

http://www.thcfinder.com/uploads/files/raygun-pipe-ray-gun-pipe-thcfinder.jpg

Natural Citizen
04-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Could think of a much different list of issues than "weed". But they aren't touched with a ten foot pole as long as we're propping up talking points from the mainstream brood. I don't understand the fear in tackling big boy speak. I mean I do....but I don't.

We're giving banks 40 billion a month. With a B. Billion. What does spanky limbaugh have to say about that? What's that? Nothing? Crickets?

Is time to end the notion that these microphone jockeys are the voices of Americans. They are not. In scope, they serve to distract minds from genuine things they should be concerned about.

Brett85
04-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Tancredo had a lot of momentum when he was running for Governor due to his pro marijuana legalization stance. He probably would've won if it had been a two way race between him and Hickenlooper.

Occam's Banana
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
It's blindingly obvious that he's being sarcastic.

Anyone who listens to this and thinks he's being serious is extremely naive and/or gullible.

I don't have any clips or such, but I remember one of his shows way back around 1995 or so when this topic came up.

I very occasionally listened to his show while doing house chores or such and didn't feel like listening to music.

This particular time sticks in my mind because of three things in particular:

(1) he claimed that the War on Drugs was fantastic, and that it should keep going strong (I specifically recall him saying that we should "ring the country 'round with helicopters" and such) even if it had absolutely no chance of working or succeeding or even having any significant effect at all - because it was the "right" and "moral" thing to do.

(2) he was using some kind of analogy or metaphor to justify the War on Drugs - one that applied equally well to things like cigarettes and alcohol. In fact, he actually and specifically mentioned wine in particular. The very moment he did so, there was a brief pause in which you could almost hear him thnking, "Oh, shit! I just shot myself in the foot. If I continue, my hypocrisy will be blindingly obvious unless I come out for alcohol prohibition, too." He cut off in mid-sentence and suddenly discovered an urgent need for a commercial break.

(3) the first caller he took on the subject was a stoner type who declared that marijuana should be legal because its use promoted the creation of "great art" - and who cited the film Easy Rider as proof of this. Needless to say, this delighted Limbaugh to no end, and he made the most of it.

anaconda
04-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, they really need to be the freedom party. They'd win by a large margin, then.

Rand is single handedly rebranding the party into what it should be. It could wildly popular.

abacabb
04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
A mildly libertarian republican party could bring in a plurality and might succeed in making the wit' it Dems look stuffy.

anaconda
04-06-2013, 10:54 AM
The Republicans would get a huge benefit politically if they came out in favor of marijuana legalization, and it would go along with all of the core principles they claim to support, since they claim to believe in limited government, individual liberty, free markets, and fiscal responsibility.

The military-industrial-prison complex does not profit by (traditional) Republican principles.

heavenlyboy34
04-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Didn't listen to the clip-but no, a true "freedom" party would not win anything at this point in time. Boobus is content in his slavery, bread, and circuses.

compromise
04-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Tancredo had a lot of momentum when he was running for Governor due to his pro marijuana legalization stance. He probably would've won if it had been a two way race between him and Hickenlooper.

Tancredo should run again, this time as a Republican.

Keith and stuff
04-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes. Most voters want marijuana to be legal. This is likely even more true in the swing states like NV, NH and VA.

oyarde
04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Weed is easy .Explain to the GOP they are suppossed to be conservatve.Conservative means spending less money.Too much money is wasted on weed .Gop now supports weed .Next question ? :)

speciallyblend
04-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Could think of a much different list of issues than "weed". But they aren't touched with a ten foot pole as long as we're propping up talking points from the mainstream brood. I don't understand the fear in tackling big boy speak. I mean I do....but I don't.

We're giving banks 40 billion a month. With a B. Billion. What does spanky limbaugh have to say about that? What's that? Nothing? Crickets?

Is time to end the notion that these microphone jockeys are the voices of Americans. They are not. In scope, they serve to distract minds from genuine things they should be concerned about.

funny thing is the weed issue is not about weed anymore . It is about the republican platform of smaller gov,less gov,individual liberty and freedom, something the gop cannot support. It has been beyond weed for years already.

speciallyblend
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM

As a 9 yr Republican, I have 0 trust in the gop!

jkr
04-06-2013, 02:14 PM
At the rate they are going...we will have to ALLL grow it to supply cordage & fiber...

pcosmar
04-06-2013, 02:24 PM
One of the other Hunters in my Guild (WoW) has a Pet pig named Rushlimbaugh.

WhistlinDave
04-06-2013, 03:14 PM

With almost 1 million people per year arrested and subjected to the criminal justice system over a non-toxic plant, and with the tremendous negative impact this has had upon literally millions of people's lives (and their families), I'd say this is a HUGE issue that needs to be fixed immediately. It's gone on way too long.

One of the reasons I voted for Obama in 2008 was because of his promise to "direct policymakers to be guided by common sense and science, not politics and ideology" in the question of medical marijuana and marijuana in general. Instead, he doubled down on the war on drugs, and under his administration the Feds have raided hundreds (might be thousands by now) of medical marijuana dispensaries operating legally under state law. California's medical marijuana industry is regularly being raped by the Feds under Obama.

IF THE GOP WANTS TO WIN THIS IS AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY -- I will bet money on it that if the GOP champions the cause of ending the Federal war on pot users, and the Dems fail to, the GOP will take California's electoral votes in 2016. Mark my words. (You think I'm crazy? Just watch. This is a HUGE issue for Californians.)

Origanalist
04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
With almost 1 million people per year arrested and subjected to the criminal justice system over a non-toxic plant, and with the tremendous negative impact this has had upon literally millions of people's lives (and their families), I'd say this is a HUGE issue that needs to be fixed immediately. It's gone on way too long.

One of the reasons I voted for Obama in 2008 was because of his promise to "direct policymakers to be guided by common sense and science, not politics and ideology" in the question of medical marijuana and marijuana in general. Instead, he doubled down on the war on drugs, and under his administration the Feds have raided hundreds (might be thousands by now) of medical marijuana dispensaries operating legally under state law. California's medical marijuana industry is regularly being raped by the Feds under Obama.

IF THE GOP WANTS TO WIN THIS IS AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY -- I will bet money on it that if the GOP champions the cause of ending the Federal war on pot users, and the Dems fail to, the GOP will take California's electoral votes in 2016. Mark my words. (You think I'm crazy? Just watch. This is a HUGE issue for Californians.)

Sooo, hows that hope and change working out for you? (sorry, couldn't resist)

MRK
04-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Sooo, hows that hope and change working out for you? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Obviously no one likes being lied to. For all we know it could just as well happen to one of the so called liberty candidates, even if they had a really strong record on paper.

heavenlyboy34
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Obviously no one likes being lied to. For all we know it could just as well happen to one of the so called liberty candidates, even if they had a really strong record on paper.
You'd be surprised. As a general rule, people don't like being told the truth about things they want to believe are true. Look how many people booed, mocked, and chastised RP for telling the truth. :(

DamianTV
04-06-2013, 05:05 PM
You'd be surprised. As a general rule, people don't like being told the truth about things they want to believe are true. Look how many people booed, mocked, and chastised RP for telling the truth. :(

What most people appear to want to believe is that their advocation of govt theft of others for their benefit is honest, and dont like being told otherwise.

For example, they demand the Govt make smoking illegal because they are offended by it, they have no problem. Yet, these very same people will bitch and moan to no end when they are expected to give up super sized drinks and bacon. Two sides of the same coin, but it is a coin of Democracy.

Democracy is nothing more than the majority taking away the rights of the minority. The problem is the way that things are divided. No one will ever always be in the majority of all divisions. So what ends up being left is no rights for anyone because everyone demanded that the minority should not have any rights at all.

The real need of a people of its Govt is to protect the Rights of the Minority from the whims of the Majority. If only 1% of the population wanted to smoke pot, then they should be allowed to do so. And they should be allowed because their Right to smoke pot should not be subject to the demands of the Majority. There in lies the true nature of freedom, and that should be the function of Govt; to protect freedoms for all.