PDA

View Full Version : FAA (and the free market) delays closing of airport control towers

CaseyJones
04-05-2013, 01:57 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AIRPORT_TOWERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-04-05-14-48-34

The closings of control towers at 149 small airports, due to begin this weekend because of government-wide spending cuts, are being delayed until mid-June, federal regulators announced Friday.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it needs more time to deal with legal challenges to the closures.

Also, about 50 airport authorities and other "stakeholders" have indicated they want to fund the operations of the towers themselves rather than see them shut down, and more time will be needed to work out those plans, the agency said in a statement.

:cool: more at link ^

ronpaulfollower999
04-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't know why it has taken the FAA so long to stop funding the towers to begin with.

P3ter_Griffin
04-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Most crony capitalist have to source some of their capital outside of public dollars, it doesn't make it any more free market.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 03:44 PM
When I was told that Hickory, N.C. was gonna be closed due to cuts I told myself "Self. No it's not. Wayne Huizenga flies his 7-something-7 out of here all the time.This airport ain't going anywhere."