PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if LAPD officers were let go that fired on innocent women recently?

fj45lvr
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
during the dorner manhunt LAPD riddled 2 women newspaper delivery workers truck with bullets, I want to know if they are suspended or fired yet??

thanks

kcchiefs6465
04-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Don't know for certain, would doubt it though. They wanted the woman to pay taxes on the new truck she was offered IIRC. She declined. They might be on paid administrative leave but I'd bet a dollar to your hundred that they don't get fired.

I'm sure AF or P4P knows the particulars. The reward offered for Dorner is being withheld as well. Since he wasn't taken alive and convicted.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 03:35 AM
The last I heard on this is that the ladies received $40k compensation from the city. Their lawyer still may sue as the acceptance of the $40k specified no admission of liability.

As far as the 8 officers involved I've not heard a peep. My guess is that it will just go down the memory hole. If they fire one then they will have to fire all eight. Then the city would have to fight the P,B,A. and the F.O.P. over the dismissals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294073/Carranza-Hernandez-Women-mistakenly-shot-LAPD-hunt-Chris-Dorner-compensated-40-000-dollars.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

ninepointfive
04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
was thinking about this on my way into work this morning

AGRP
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
You must be new. "Investigations" aren't really investigations at all. They're an excuse to wait until the public forgets all about what happened. Then, things will be swept under the rug and people will be promoted.