PDA

View Full Version : Callous TSA Agent DUMPS GRANDPA's ASHES on the Floor

presence
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
I knew that, by and large, TSA agents were a dour, rigid lot with no respect for freedom and human dignity, but until I heard about this latest incident, I didn’t know that they were soulless too.

In July of last year, Indiana resident John Gross was flying out of Orlando International Airport on a return trip to Indiana with his grandfather’s remains in an air tight glass container clearly marked “Human Remains”.

This shouldn’t have been a problem, folks. TSA has rules about this sort of thing and those rules state that crematory remains are allowed in a carry-on but must be able to pass through x-ray machines.

TSA policy also states:
“Out of respect to the deceased and their family and friends, under no circumstances will an officer open the container even if the passenger requests this be done.”

So that was the end of it, right?

Wrong.

When a TSA agent opened his carry-on and began to inspect it, Mr. Gross told her,

“Please be careful. These are my grandfather’s ashes.”

So of course the TSA agent picks up the container and opens it and begins poking around with her finger, sifting through the ashes.

Awful, right? You’re marveling at this TSA agent’s lack of common decency and respect, right?
It gets worse.

As if poking around the ashes of Mr. Gross’ grandfather with her pudgy, blue latex-clad finger weren’t bad enough, the TSA agent accidentally spilled about a third of the ashes onto the floor! She didn’t apologize and she didn’t offer to help. Instead, she laughed.
You read that correctly. Mr. Gross was down on his hands and knees in the middle of the airport trying to scoop up the spilled remains of his beloved grandfather off of the floor and

this sorry excuse for a human being just laughed.

Stay classy, TSA.

http://tsa-watch.com/tsa-blog/tsa-agents-harass-passengers/callous-tsa-agent-dumps-grandpas-ashes-on-floor/

sailingaway
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
That is actionable. It is called 'intentional infliction of emotional distress' and PARTICULARLY if it was in direct violation of a directive, it is actionable. I hope they sue the agent, personally, and renew the judgment every 5 years to get around bankruptcy.

devil21
04-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Id be in jail after that for kicking that bitch's ass right in the security line.

RickyJ
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Don't ever fly commercially unless you want to be harassed. The wait time at airports, combined with the harassment make it not worth it most of the time unless you are flying cross country. If your destination is within 1000 miles then get in the car and go.

brushfire
04-04-2013, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CdDanEf6lk

presence
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Id be in jail after that for kicking that bitch's ass right in the security line.

This is why I like to post OPs at RPF... things get said that needed to be said and I didn't have to say them.

jbauer
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Honestly I'm not one to advocate violence but I probably would have punched her in the mouth. Got arrested and been on the Today show by next week. Somebody has to stop this TSA BS.

jbauer
04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Don't ever fly commercially unless you want to be harassed. The wait time at airports, combined with the harassment make it not worth it most of the time unless you are flying cross country. If your destination is within 1000 miles then get in the car and go.

Yup thats my rule and depending on where we're going and for how long the 1000 miles does get extended. Significantly better travel conditions and by the time you add on the delayed flights (....thanks to the sequester :rolleyes:) it just not worth it to fly.

talkingpointes
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM

No kidding. That is just way over the line. I wouldn't be able to control myself. Callous almost seems charitable in this case.

Mani
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Why can't he press for her to be fired or disciplined?

It seems like the policy is clear....the container is not to be opened under any circumstances....

I'd love a lawsuit...but at least get the bitch fired.

devil21
04-05-2013, 01:05 AM
This is why I like to post OPs at RPF... things get said that needed to be said and I didn't have to say them.

I wouldnt even want to clean up her (for me it would be my grandma's ashes) ashes. She would have been proud to leave her mark on that floor and get spread all over the world by every traveler afterward knowing her grandson defended her honor like that.

lib3rtarian
04-05-2013, 06:11 AM

No way any federal employee gets fired or disciplined like how it happens in the private sector. American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) and National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU) protects the TSA bullies.

I'd love a lawsuit...

The taxpayer foots the bill.

Either way, we lose.

Occam's Banana
04-05-2013, 06:49 PM

It seems like the policy is clear....the container is not to be opened under any circumstances....

I'd love a lawsuit...but at least get the bitch fired.

That's just NOT gonna happen. She is EXACTLY the kind of grunting ape the TSA wants & needs.

Regardless of whether this was a case of intentionally brutish callousness or accidentally boorish carelessness, it serves the purpose of impressing upon people that is there is nothing sacred or "out of bounds" when it comes to the TSA's mandate to train people to submit without question, complaint or hesitation. (Things like "safety" and "security" are just window-dressing for this.)

The rights and dignity of Mr. Gross, his grandmother, you, me or anyone else mean jack-shit to the TSA.

dannno
04-05-2013, 06:56 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p5VKtFLb2-I/US2Sas14nbI/AAAAAAAAEwo/tCbGVOCPb3A/s1600/big-labowsky-beach.jpg

Henry Rogue
04-05-2013, 07:13 PM
No way any federal employee gets fired or disciplined like how it happens in the private sector. American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) and National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU) protects the TSA bullies.

The taxpayer foots the bill.

Either way, we lose.
And we don't even get a seat at the bargaining table.

phill4paul
04-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Reason #1,809,544 I don't go out into public much anymore. People die over this shit.

Christian Liberty
04-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Wow... I hate the government way too much because my first reaction was "Blow the guys head off" even though he didn't actually commit a capital crime.

Still scum of the earth though, and just one more reason why the TSA needs to be destroyed. And I would not cry for a single employee there that is now unemployed. Thank God. Yet another reason to eliminate welfare too!

presence
04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Reason #1,809,544 I don't go out into public much anymore. People die over this shit.

I'm tellin' ya every day I read the news it breeds the hermit in me.