PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama Denying the Holocaust?

itshappening
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
This is a good one from Dilorenzo:

-
Is Obama a Holocaust Denier?
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo on April 4, 2013 12:11 PM

In his ongoing crusade to crush the Second Amendment, King Obama has declared that government tyranny is impossible since "the government is us."

According to this theory, the only way the Holocaust could have happened is if the European Jews agreed to commit mass suicide because, after all the Nazi government "was them." Hitler gained power through a democratic election, after all.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/135028.html

-

jbauer
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
sounds a bit over the top to me but ok...

TheGrinch
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
sounds a bit over the top to me but ok...

Well, I agree it isn't a great way to convince a biased audience by comparing him to a Holocaust denier, but it is of course hyperbole to make a point about how mistaken his statement is. If democratic elections can lead to Hitler rising, then that very clearly makes tyranny very possible.

abacabb
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
This is a good one from Dilorenzo:

-
Is Obama a Holocaust Denier?
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo on April 4, 2013 12:11 PM

In his ongoing crusade to crush the Second Amendment, King Obama has declared that government tyranny is impossible since "the government is us."

According to this theory, the only way the Holocaust could have happened is if the European Jews agreed to commit mass suicide because, after all the Nazi government "was them." Hitler gained power through a democratic election, after all.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/135028.html

-
LOL, he's doing it for the clicks. I'm in the magazine business and the headline is huge for click through. Expect an ever increasing amount of over the top headlines in the future.

Lucille
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/04/4-more-ways-obamas-gun-control-speech-so

He pooh-poohs the idea that there could ever be anything adversarial about the relationship between Americans and their government:

You hear some of these quotes: "I need a gun to protect myself from the government." "We can't do background checks because the government is going to come take my guns away."

Well, the government is us. These officials are elected by you. (Applause.) They are elected by you. I am elected by you. I am constrained, as they are constrained, by a system that our Founders put in place. It's a government of and by and for the people. ["Constrained." LOL]

One of the constraints on the federal government is the doctrine of enmuerated powers, which says every act of Congress must be justified by a specific constitutional grant of authority. Where is the clause that empowers Congress to say how many rounds you can put in a magazine or whether your rifle can have a barrel shroud? Furthermore, as Obama surely has heard by now, there is this thing called the Second Amendment, and it is hardly frivolous to argue than an arbitrary and capricious piece of legislation like the "assault weapon" ban Obama supports would violate the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Yet to Obama's mind, anyone who makes such an argument is one of those "people who take absolute positions" and therefore can be safely ignored. After all, the government is us.

Can you believe that f'n guy? And his foolish statist acolytes eat that shit up. What are the progs going to do once they've disarmed themselves, and us, and a Dictator Santorum-type takes over? Throw rocks?

jkr
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
LIARS GONNA LIE

LIE, LIAR, LIE!!!

baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR baRRy's a LIAR