PDA

View Full Version : Congresswoman Does Not Realize the 'Assault Magazines' She Wants to Ban Are Reusable

Lucille
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
The truth is, these clowns know very little about anything they're "working" on.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain

"Any one who has been continuously wrong for twelve years is just wasting his time outside our national capital."
--Isabel Paterson

Congresswoman Does Not Realize the 'Assault Magazines' She Wants to Ban Are Reusable
http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/03/congresswoman-does-not-realize-the-assau

Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) is the chief co-sponsor, with Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), of the High Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would ban the sale or transfer of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds. Upon reintroducing the bill in January, she said banning what she calls "assault magazines" would "go a long way toward making our country safe." If DeGette seems overly optimistic about the potential impact of her legislation, especially given the fact that many millions of "high-capacity ammunition feeding devices" would remain in circulation, perhaps that's because she does not realize magazines are reusable. At a Denver Post forum on gun control yesterday, DeGette explained why she thinks her bill would be effective:

What's the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you these are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them. And so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available.

The Denver Post notes that the audience "chuckled" after DeGette's remarks (which you can watch in the video below, starting at minute 31) and that Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, "responding as the audience was laughing, urged people who hadn't shot a gun to 'get to the facts,'" adding, "Let’s be educated as we make this decision.'" DeGette's office says she "misspoke"—just like McCarthy did when she described a barrel shroud, one of the assault-weapony firearm features she wants to ban, as "the shoulder thing that goes up."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tgW7dRxg6a8/TuczoFPHyHI/AAAAAAAABtU/8w_Y0dZgfzM/s1600/Barrel%2BShroud.jpg

PaulConventionWV
04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
It's good to mix a little doom and gloom with some uproarious comedy.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Someone get her her pills.

Darguth
04-03-2013, 03:21 PM
My IQ. Itz haz dorpped.

Lucille
04-03-2013, 03:23 PM
It's good to mix a little doom and gloom with some uproarious comedy.

She thinks so!

http://www.examiner.com/article/colorado-dem-mocks-senior-citizen-at-gun-control-forum-over-self-defense

During a public forum on gun control hosted by the Denver Post Tuesday night, Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Col., mocked a senior citizen who wondered how he was supposed to defend himself under the state's new gun laws, Jim Hoft reported at the Gateway Pundit.

The audio was not very clear, but the man can be heard talking about being at a disadvantage when facing an armed criminal.

“The good news for you, you live in Denver. The Denver PD would be there within minutes," she said to laughter.

"You’d probably be dead anyway," she added, smirking.

Hilarious.

brushfire
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
She had her spokesperson claim that she misspoke when she made that statement, saying that she meant to say clips. I reuse clips all the time... You can load the mags faster...

If you're going to make laws, you should probably know what the fk you're talking about -no?

Bunch of damn morons.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
She had her spokesperson claim that she misspoke when she made that statement, saying that she meant to say clips. I reuse clips all the time... You can load the mags faster...

If you're going to make laws, you should probably know what the fk you're talking about -no?

Bunch of damn morons.
Senility is a bitch, I'd imagine.

PaulConventionWV
04-03-2013, 03:37 PM
She thinks so!

http://www.examiner.com/article/colorado-dem-mocks-senior-citizen-at-gun-control-forum-over-self-defense

Hilarious.

Wow, really?

Too dark.

supermario21
04-03-2013, 03:39 PM
She comes from an urban district...this will probably help her.

Lucille
04-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Wow, really?

Too dark.

Dude, I was being sarcastic.

ZENemy
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Wait wait wait....I am suppose to PAY this person to make decisions for me? lol

""It is not a rule binding upon mankind in their natural state. There, every man is independent of all laws, except those prescribed by nature. He is not bound by any institutions formed by his
fellowmen without his consent."
- CRUDEN v. NEALE, 2 N.C. 338 (1796) 2 S.E. 70."

Acala
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Not knowing how a firearm operates is ignorant. Nothing wrong with ignorance alone. I'm ignorant about MANY things. Helping to pass controversial laws to regulate things about which you are ignorant is irresponsible. Going in front of a camera to expound on things about which you are ignorant is just plain STUPID. I think this stupid, irresponsible person should be assisted in finding a new career.

devil21
04-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Makes me wonder who exactly it is that's writing these bills, if the sponsors repeatedly have no understanding of what's in them. Which lobby is writing them????

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Makes me wonder who exactly it is that's writing these bills, if the sponsors repeatedly have no understanding of what's in them. Which lobby is writing them????

Well... it is starting to sound like it's them, and you. So if it wasn't you...

jkr
04-03-2013, 04:31 PM
INTENTIONAL!

it wants nimrods to confuse mags with round so they can ban having more than 10 of those

i used to think they were morons...but now i see they are rope-a-dope-a-liciosly devious!

malkusm
04-03-2013, 04:39 PM
INTENTIONAL!

it wants nimrods to confuse mags with round so they can ban having more than 10 of those

i used to think they were morons...but now i see they are rope-a-dope-a-liciosly devious!

C'mon dude, they aren't that clever. Just like the "barrel shroud" debacle or the guy who thought Guam would capsize...I know it's hard to believe, but we really do just have a bunch of idiots in Congress who have no clue what is going on.

VanBummel
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
She's really catching hell on FB: https://www.facebook.com/DianaDeGette I haven't seen a positive comment yet.

mad cow
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
The feds need to hire navigators to explain the ins and outs of firearms to moronic government leeches.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Wait wait wait....I am suppose to PAY this person to make decisions for me? lol

No...you are paying this person to rule over you.

jclay2
04-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Good point. Just another example of why there is indeed a new world order and a small elite are hell bent on taking over all of our liberties.

Lucille
04-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Has anyone clicked over (http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2013/04/03/as-lead-sponsor-in-house-on-gun-legislation-rep-diana-degette-appears-to-not-understand-how-they-work/93506/) and read her excuse?:

“The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,” Johnson said.

Oh, she meant clips, y'all! LOL Are they trying to ban "assault clips" too? And has anyone told her those can be reused also?

“Quite frankly, this is just another example of opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It’s more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions.”

She wants to keep the children safe, but she jokes and smirks about an old man dying while waiting for the cops to "protect" him from an armed robber.

"Common sense," "gun violence prevention," "keeping our children safe," "killing machines," "responsible solutions." Looks like her spokesgal worked them all in!

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
“The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,” Johnson said.

Oh, she meant clips, y'all! LOL Are they trying to ban "assault clips" too? And has anyone told her those can be reused also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEWJHyLu3IY