PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann leaving Fox 19 News end of May

tsai3904
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
This is a very big announcement for me. I want to make sure that everyone out there knows how much I appreciate the incredible support you have shown me over the past 2 1/2 years. I am very excited about the next step and I want you to come along. As you will see in the article below, I am announcing today that I am leaving Fox 19 at the end of May. Over the next few weeks I will be giving insight into the next steps and platforms for my brand of journalism. But at the end of the day, the best thing about having come to WXIX is having encountered YOU!

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/04/03/ben-swann-leaving-fox-19-news/

https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck/posts/238440636300857

jkr
04-03-2013, 09:50 AM
WTF?!?

NOOOOOOOO!:mad:

V3n
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm sure it will be for something bigger and better. He's got a National following; maybe he can get a National venue to showcase his journalism. I'm sure he's only going UP after the work he's done on a local broadcast - I look forward to seeing what that is. I don't think he's stopping or slowing down at all!

Todd
04-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Here's why: (http://www.chomsky.info/articles/199710--.htm)

When you critique the media and you say, look, here is what Anthony Lewis or somebody else is writing, they get very angry. They say, quite correctly, "nobody ever tells me what to write. I write anything I like. All this business about pressures and constraints is nonsense because I’m never under any pressure." Which is completely true, but the point is that they wouldn’t be there unless they had already demonstrated that nobody has to tell them what to write because they are going say the right thing. If they had started off at the Metro desk, or something, and had pursued the wrong kind of stories, they never would have made it to the positions where they can now say anything they like. The same is mostly true of university faculty in the more ideological disciplines. They have been through the socialization system.

Because he was encroaching on his bosses power structures and not been socialized into being a good little media fleeb.

Mani
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Well there goes the only rational voice on mainstream media...

jmdrake
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
WTF?!?

NOOOOOOOO!:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgI2ZQVyrBo

Aldanga
04-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I have to wonder if he's going to be involved in Ron's new media venture.

supermario21
04-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Give him a show with Judge Nap.

sailingaway
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I was just going to post this. I'm sorry, in a sense unless it is another 'standard' station because he was almost a mole on the inside...

But he clearly has something in mind, and I doubt he was being pushed out given how his support was GROWING. So I will stay tuned.

jbauer
He's going after bigger and better pastures. Sucks that he's leaving a small market media outlet but you don't do that at his age and his rise to just go home and flip burgers. He's going to be an even bigger voice for our cause. Congrats!!

ninepointfive
so will that contest amount to anything?

sailingaway
I have to wonder if he's going to be involved in Ron's new media venture.

I'd love to see him, but also like someone in conventional media bringing our stuff to people who wouldn't tune in to any other kind.

sailingaway
04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
so will that contest amount to anything?

can't have hurt his negotiations....nor his stature... we'll know when we see what he is doing.

ronpaulfollower999
04-03-2013, 10:14 AM
I expected this to happen eventually, and I think this is a good thing because I'm assuming he's going to take his talents nationwide.

ClydeCoulter
04-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks Ben, looking forward to your new endeavors.

angelatc
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I expected this to happen eventually, and I think this is a good thing because I'm assuming he's going to take his talents nationwide.

Me too, especially when he split his YouTube account away from the affiliate. New media is a brave new world. Swann might be the guy who restores the concept of honesty in journalism.

georgiaboy
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
I have a good feeling about this.

angelatc
04-03-2013, 10:22 AM
It really doesn't sound like he's being pushed out to me. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/04/03/ben-swann-leaving-fox-19-news/

FSP-Rebel
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm reserving judgment for now but am cautiously optimistic.

sailingaway
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
It really doesn't sound like he's being pushed out to me. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/04/03/ben-swann-leaving-fox-19-news/

I'm pretty sure he's doing it on his own, I hope it pans out as he wants it to.

Brian4Liberty
04-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Here's why: (http://www.chomsky.info/articles/199710--.htm)

Because he was encroaching on his bosses power structures and not been socialized into being a good little media fleeb.

Exactly. There is always this false idea that there are grand conspiracies, with extreme top down control. It's more about hiring like minded people, with the same backgrounds, opinions, perspectives and ideologies. No need for minute by minute control. Now if you step out of line, you can be sure that there will be repercussions. That's where the top down control comes into play.

Great quote, btw.

Mani
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Me too, especially when he split his YouTube account away from the affiliate. New media is a brave new world. Swann might be the guy who restores the concept of honesty in journalism.

I like him in the mainstream media.....he fits the polished anchor look....he's got the looks for TV, and he's able to get his message across without sounding kooky, or a conspiracy theorist, or mayor of crazy town......I don't need another guy preaching to the choir, I want a guy that can reach the masses and let the message infiltrate their brains without them realizing it. I want a guy who can look professional and like a regular mainstream media who the general populace get trust and not instantly tune him out coz...oh he's that crazy Ron Paul guy....that insane Alex jone freak.....etc....

I like Ben in that role.....I don't want to see him on some Internet channel preaching to the same guys surfing rpf and daily Paul, etc. I don't think that gets us anywhere....

I hope if it's a move, it's in a national mainstream media role. I think he can do more good there....IMO.

itshappening
04-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Exactly. There is always this false idea that there are grand conspiracies, with extreme top down control. It's more about hiring like minded people, with the same backgrounds, opinions, perspectives and ideologies. No need for minute by minute control. Now if you step out of line, you can be sure that there will be repercussions. That's where the top down control comes into play.

Great quote, btw.

I hope he goes national. I mean i'd rather see him on CNN than Candy. I wonder how much she gets paid for working one day a week and asking dumb questions?

ravedown
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
i hope he moves up to a cable channel. he'd do well working with stossel or the judge. hope he wont waste his talents at RT and end up an insignificant bright spot among the land of hot chick reporters.

itshappening
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Maybe Al Jazeera? they bought current?

CaptUSA
04-03-2013, 11:10 AM
I like him in the mainstream media.....he fits the polished anchor look....he's got the looks for TV, and he's able to get his message across without sounding kooky, or a conspiracy theorist, or mayor of crazy town......I don't need another guy preaching to the choir, I want a guy that can reach the masses and let the message infiltrate their brains without them realizing it. I want a guy who can look professional and like a regular mainstream media who the general populace get trust and not instantly tune him out coz...oh he's that crazy Ron Paul guy....that insane Alex jone freak.....etc....

I like Ben in that role.....I don't want to see him on some Internet channel preaching to the same guys surfing rpf and daily Paul, etc. I don't think that gets us anywhere....

I hope if it's a move, it's in a national mainstream media role. I think he can do more good there....IMO.I agree.

There is certainly good money to be made in the echo chamber, but it doesn't do the movement much good. Here's hoping he's going to find a bigger audience that hasn't awoken yet! He's really good at waking people up.

Koz
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I hope he goes somewhere national, I live in Cincinnati and will miss his brand of journalism sorely.

brushfire
04-03-2013, 11:27 AM

I was shocked he lasted this long, but knew his time was definite when he had to take all his WXIX content down from his tube channel.

As someone else alluded, the same scenario as Judge Nap...

Ben is smart and driven. I really have great expectations for this guy. I too look forward to what he has planned.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Judge Nap and Ben Swann, Freedom Reality Check, ftw.

Kind of sad to see him go from Fox 19. He's got my support in whatever he chooses. The man who restored my faith in journalism.

TaftFan
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Join FOX.

kathy88
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Please not the Blaze. Please not the Blaze. Please not the Blaze.

WM_in_MO
04-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Join FOX.
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

2young2vote
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
To be honest I think he is leaving to grow his on brand, like he said. I'm assuming he is going to have his own website and dedicate most of his time to covering news stories, both written and video, only now he won't have any restrictions about what he can say.

I think it will be something like what Peter Schiff did. Once he feels he has reached a certain level of popularity he can start doing these things independently. Peter wouldn't have sold 1/2 the amount of books he did and would have never got a radio show if he didn't pursue his career focused on himself. They are trying to sell themselves as personalities, which is fine, and I think Ben can only do so much while tied down to a job working for others.

TaftFan
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

Or MSNBC and be forced to shut up. I'd rather he be able to express his views like Stossel and Judge Nap.

WM_in_MO
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Or MSNBC and be forced to shut up. I'd rather he be able to express his views like Stossel and Judge Nap.
Please, FOX treats them like trained monkeys

emazur
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Give him a show with Judge Nap.

Maybe not with Judge Nap but there is a good opportunity for him in the pipeline if he takes advantage of it. Judge Nap's former producer Austin Peterson recently interviewed a real libertarian (hopefully anyway, not pseudo-libertarian like Beck) that is creating a libertarian news network:
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/time-for-a-real-tv-network-devoted-to-liberty-jennifer-grossman-says-yes/

Austin: Who are you working with talent-wise for the network? Can you dish us some of the names of people you might choose to star in the network?

Jennifer: John Phillips and Elizabeth Imus (Don Imus’ daughter) have been on board from day one. We’ve got letters of intent from Larry Elder, Hannah Giles, Jake Head, Mark Sisson (leader of the libertarian primal diet crowd) — Gary Johnson has indicated he’s on board. Jack Hunter is someone we’d love to feature, and of course Dr. Paul is someone we’re talking to, in terms of a cable platform, and we’ve kept his folks appraised of our efforts since Day One. We’re continually having new talent reach out to us, and are in talks with some high profile hollywood names who share our vision, we all know what you risk in entertainment when you diverge from the herd.

Austin: Who are your personal heroes? Is there anyone whose work you greatly admire?

Jennifer: My father. Ayn Rand. John Mackey. Ron Paul. Rand Paul. Ted Forstmann. RIP.

supermario21
04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
People have said FOX, and I think that's the best platform. Maybe try and get FOX to launch a new network under their umbrella. It would be much easier than starting as an independent group. Plus the Judge is there to potentially lobby for them.

talkingpointes
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
This would of been a big deal 10-15 years ago. But they just gave him extreme credibility status. He should be thanking them. Seriously, the internet lives for shit like this. TYT became more marketable after being fired from MSNBS it's one of his most popular videos to date.

WhistlinDave
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
How about a daily talk show on mainstream TV with Stossel, Napolitano, Swann, and Ron Paul? Talk about reshaping the national debate....

alucard13mmfmj
04-03-2013, 07:18 PM
What about the blonde that opens for Ben? =s. Seems like a nice gal.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
How about a daily talk show on mainstream TV with Stossel, Napolitano, Swann, and Ron Paul? Talk about reshaping the national debate....
Your hopes are a little high. Might change the world with that lineup. At the least, our country.

HOLLYWOOD
04-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Please, FOX treats them like trained monkeysYES... corporate Main Stream Media use nothing but trained monkeys or spineless jellyfish profiting. Producers(senior bosses) hired you and tell you what to read and say. That said, we do have a few allies within Fox NEWSCORP. They have to be clever on how to approached news coverage and get the zombies out in TV land to finally think for themselves. But most of it are celebrity game shows...

The other side... Cenk and Al Sharpton are 2 good examples of one leaving because his twisted thought control questioned some of NBC's dictatorial policies and then Sharpton, a criminal-racist-bigot, continually paid to be on the air, as long as he pushes the mandated cultural Marxism to the progressive zombies.

All corporate media (NAB) answer to their advertisers that dictate pro/con policies, plus the government censors the mind control news to be sensationalized or erased to control idiocracy America.

Carson
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
He was sure good while he lasted. I hope this isn't the end. So many seem to get sent wished out to the corn field and are never heard from again.

PatriotOne
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Ohhhhh.....I'm excited. This surely sounds like it's of his own choosing (according to this article) and he's getting ready to be involved in a project. Ron Paul's project? A different liberty channel in the works that hasn't been announced? Being part of Rand's campaign team and groomed to be Rand's Communication's Director?

I love a good mystery :D.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2013/04/03/ben-swann-leaving-fox-19-news/

K466
04-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I fully expected he would want to go full time into libertrarianish journalism sooner rather than later. I bet he's got something awesome in the works.