PDA

View Full Version : "Peculiar" answering machine greeting leads to abduction, gun confiscation

green73
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
50-year-old David A Schmecker is an honorably discharged disabled US Navy veteran from Connecticut with no criminal record and no psychiatric history.

On February 5, Schmecker’s hospital primary care doctor called and heard a message on Schmecker’s answer machine that “sounded peculiar,” prompting him to contact the local police and urge them to visit Schmecker to perform a “wellness check”.

“The police came to my home, and, without any justification whatsoever, hauled me away for a psychiatric evaluation at a local hospital. I submitted to their forceful insistence under duress and fear of arrest or worse. I wasn’t arrested, no crime was committed nor any threats were made to myself or others,” Schmecker told Survive and Thrive’s George Hemminger.

“They confiscated my guns and pistol permit. I was released two days later from the evaluation on my on recognizance. I have since attempted to use the courts and attorneys to fight the revocation of my pistol permit. Then on top of everything else, the bills from the short stay at the hospital and EMS bills that they billed me, along with what I had to pay the attorney adds up to a large amount of money,” he adds.

Schmecker warns that the harassment he suffered is part of “a campaign orchestrated to disarm law abiding citizens,” adding that he is “concerned about where this country is headed.”

http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/04/02/guns-confiscated-after-forced-psychiatric-evaluation/

Interview here:
http://surviveandthrive.tv/navy-vet-david-schmecker-guns-confiscated-in-connecticut/#more-3118

amy31416
04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Survive and Thrive’s George Hemminger

Good to know he's employed and supporting his five children and the dOnuT LaDy.

PaulConventionWV
04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Man arrested and taken to psychiatric hospital because he is "concerned about where this country is headed."

Brian4Liberty
04-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Time to get rid of that Doctor, and to sue everyone involved, especially for the forced medical costs.

What's next? Can a mechanic call the Police and have them take your car in for a complete check-up and maintenance?

WM_in_MO
04-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Man arrested and taken to psychiatric hospital because he is "concerned about where this country is headed."
Are you not happy with your leaders? You need to have a wellness check, officers will be visiting you shortly.

fisharmor
04-03-2013, 08:56 AM

It's like a hereford having been prodded on to the truck, herded off the truck, forced down the chute, shoved into the box, feels the bolt pressed against its forehead, and calmly states, "you know, I'm concerned about where this is going."

V3n
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Schmecker’s hospital primary care doctor called and heard a message on Schmecker’s answer machine that “sounded peculiar,” prompting him to contact the local police and urge them to visit Schmecker to perform a “wellness check”.

Was it playing the theme from Fresh Prince??

green73
04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Good to know he's employed and supporting his five children and the dOnuT LaDy.

Here he interviews the man
http://surviveandthrive.tv/navy-vet-david-schmecker-guns-confiscated-in-connecticut/#more-3118

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Here he interviews the man

Well, it's something. lol

Brian4Liberty
04-03-2013, 11:35 AM
David had merely politely refused to submit to a psychological evaluation as ordered by an interim physician for a pain medication “appointment” request.

When the physician called David’s home and found his answering machine message a little odd, he had the veteran’s administration contact the local authorities to haul David in for a “wellness check.”

Read more: Survive and Thrive Dot TV: VIDEO NEWS ALERT :: Navy Vet David Schmecker Has Guns Confiscated By Force In Connecticut

Now it all makes sense. He was guilty of "contempt of medical personnel", which is often considered worse than "contempt of cop".

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Cop hater.

You all are doing nothing constructive.

You make baby Jesus cry.

Tod
04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm curious what his answering machine sounded like. Just how odd is odd enough to result in this when coupled with his polite refusal?

green73
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm curious what his answering machine sounded like. Just how odd is odd enough to result in this when coupled with his polite refusal?

It apparently mentioned the NWO.

ClydeCoulter
04-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Time to get rid of that Doctor, and to sue everyone involved, especially for the forced medical costs.

What's next? Can a mechanic call the Police and have them take your car in for a complete check-up and maintenance?

No, no, don't be giving them any ideas...my truck runs fine.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

His 'polite refusal' is part of the problem.

Clearly, if he wants to make an issue of this, he should release the answering machine message that he alleges caused (or contributed to) this. I don't really care what his answering machine says... but other people will.

As far as this polite stuff... I'm very polite to everyone and I understand that they will never be as polite to me in return... not individually or collectively. I'm polite because I believe people should be treated as such. My everyday behavior is about me and being at peace with myself, and not so much about other people.

But this concept of being polite with police has got to go. They are always "cutting you a break" while they write a speeding ticket, or "trying to be nice" until they dislike what you say and forcefully push your face into a car. WTF happened with them being polite? Why should anyone fear a military assault team breaching their home with intent to kill? I just don't fucking get it.

Ok, maybe I do get it. I'll just stop there, and go dig a fucking moat.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
You are not well Comrade Citizen.

You must come with us for evaluation and treatment.

Brian4Liberty
04-03-2013, 01:42 PM
No, no, don't be giving them any ideas...my truck runs fine.

A new, related thread. The Doctor uses the autoshop analogy in the full article...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409918-Just-say-quot-no-quot-to-Doctors

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
////

Dr.3D
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Seems to be all coming true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJb9PivYRU

donnay
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM
On February 5, Schmecker’s hospital primary care doctor called and heard a message on Schmecker’s answer machine that “sounded peculiar,” prompting him to contact the local police and urge them to visit Schmecker to perform a “wellness check”.

When have police preform wellness checks?

Although I did giggle a little at his last name--Schmecker. Sorry I couldn't help myself. :D

Dr.3D
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
When have police preform wellness checks?

Although I did giggle a little at his last name--Schmecker. Sorry I couldn't help myself. :D
I didn't know they were qualified to perform a "wellness check." Doesn't a physician have to do that?

youngbuck
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM
So much for the right to keep and bear arms.

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 09:23 PM

Schmecker likes Smuckers on his schmeckel.

Carson
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I wonder if anyone has checked up on the other people involved in this violent assault.

donnay
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I didn't know they were qualified to perform a "wellness check." Doesn't a physician have to do that?

Police and wellness just do not go together. Most people usually have to see a physician once the police pay you a visit.