PDA

View Full Version : FSA Using Child Soldiers? [Video of 8 year old boy]

kcchiefs6465
04-02-2013, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUJVjEdZFMs

Discuss.

Mods, can we keep this in General Politics for a day or two? I'd appreciate it so I can get more exposure to this video. Thanks either way.

AngryCanadian
04-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I have being following Syria since the conflict begun with the Arab Spring when i mentioned that the FSA are using Child Soldiers no one believed it and yet now those are getting the word out about use of Child Soldiers by the FSA they are now starting to see through.

As for the child.

He has already being killed :(

WM_in_MO
04-03-2013, 05:39 AM
Which "Side" are the FSA again?

shane77m
04-03-2013, 06:30 AM
I wonder if our government can supply them with some child size body armor? Maybe some of those bulletproof backpacks. Where is George Clooney?

But seriously.
The average public will probably never hear about these child soldiers. It doesn't appear that the general public cares that we are giving Al Qaeda (the rebels) aide either.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Which "Side" are the FSA again?
Syrian rebels.

kcchiefs6465
04-03-2013, 07:57 AM
I have being following Syria since the conflict begun with the Arab Spring when i mentioned that the FSA are using Child Soldiers no one believed it and yet now those are getting the word out about use of Child Soldiers by the FSA they are now starting to see through.

As for the child.

He has already being killed :(
I have admittedly not been following this as closely as I should be. Mainly because it just seemed like all of the other conflicts we choose sides in and I pretty much could assume what was going on.

This was the first time I'd heard about child soldiers being used but it seems RT has covered it all before. When you say this child has already diedd I take it you mean physically died? Is there a link for that?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-03-2013, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUJVjEdZFMs

Discuss.

The must not have publicly funded advertising regarding the dangers of smoking. And who would provide an 8 year old child with cigarettes?

ClydeCoulter
04-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Yea, those cigarettes are dangerous. Might kill him before a bullet or IED does.

brushfire
04-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I'd been dabbling in some civil war history and had seen some photos of the confederate children soldiers who were killed at the end of the war.
Even in old black and white, I was moved, to say the least, to see those photos.

Who knows, this kid may have had his parents blown up. He's probably been "adopted" into this kind of life and will know no better. Things are relative, I know, but its still disturbing to me. One thing's for sure, you dont have to work very hard to find something deeply disturbing in this world.