PDA

View Full Version : Education Consultant says white paper may cause racism

mad cow
04-02-2013, 08:30 PM
In young children.

Children should be provided with paper other than white to drawn on and paints and crayons should come in "the full range of flesh tones", reflecting the diversity of the human race, according to the former teacher.

Not only that, O'Connor says witches' traditional black pointy hats should be replaced with pink ones while fairies should be dressed in darker colors.

http://www.examiner.com/article/education-consultant-says-white-paper-may-cause-racism-young-children

More at link.

Adrock
04-02-2013, 08:38 PM
ffs

BlackTerrel
04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Who the fuck is Anne O'Connor? No one actually knows right?

One can only wonder how long it will be before the Congressional Black Caucus demands darker color paper in elementary schools.

Never obviously. But that doesn't stop the OP article from hyperbole does it?

shane77m
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
So I reckon that explains why Alabama is the way that it is. All this time I thought it was just ignorant folk.

PaulConventionWV
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
In young children.

http://www.examiner.com/article/education-consultant-says-white-paper-may-cause-racism-young-children

More at link.

I almost thought this was an April fool's joke. After being proven wrong, I'm about ready to cry. This is just shameful and I feel helpless when people like this are influencing our children. It's almost to the point of rage now. I literally can't fathom the amount of racism against whites that is now deemed socially acceptable.

If everyone behaved like she wants them to, this would be a cold, soulless world of obedient busybodies. I don't want to live in that world.

mad cow
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Never heard of her but I don't read Nursery World magazine.

The measures, outlined in a series of guides in Nursery World magazine, are aimed at avoiding racial bias in toddlers as young as two.

BlackTerrel
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I almost thought this was an April fool's joke. After being proven wrong, I'm about ready to cry. This is just shameful and I feel helpless when people like this are influencing our children. It's almost to the point of rage now. I literally can't fathom the amount of racism against whites that is now deemed socially acceptable.

You're going to cry because of some random article in the examiner?

It's some chick named Anne O'Connor who no one has ever heard of. It's not official policy. Your reaction appears hyperbolic.

PaulConventionWV
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
You're going to cry because of some random article in the examiner?

It's some chick named Anne O'Connor who no one has ever heard of. It's not official policy. Your reaction appears hyperbolic.

It's just my reaction. Take it for what it's worth. The fact that people like this exist is enough to make me mad. I'm not really going to cry, but people of such enormous stupidity tend to have an effect on me no matter who they are. The fact that she is in a news article is enough to make me upset.

BlackTerrel
04-02-2013, 10:34 PM
It's just my reaction. Take it for what it's worth. The fact that people like this exist is enough to make me mad. I'm not really going to cry, but people of such enormous stupidity tend to have an effect on me no matter who they are. The fact that she is in a news article is enough to make me upset.

She's not in a news article as far as I can tell. It's the examiner which is basically the same as a blog and the guy who made the blog post is basically making fun of her.

None of this will ever actually happen. We all know that right?

PaulConventionWV
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
She's not in a news article as far as I can tell. It's the examiner which is basically the same as a blog and the guy who made the blog post is basically making fun of her.

It's still upsetting that she exists. Plain and simple. She's so fully indoctrinated that she can't even think for herself.

tttppp
04-02-2013, 10:58 PM
In young children.

More at link.

Kids are not born racist, they are taught that by us. And some stupid piece of white paper is not going to do that.

Philhelm
04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
How is white paper even considered flesh toned at all to begin with?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Why did my English teachers always demand all writings in darker-colored blue or black ink? Racists.

alucard13mmfmj
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
well. actually, i read somewhere that the color of the paper affects a student's test performance.

also... non-white paper will make photocopying anything very hard. at my university, they sell notes and they print the notes on orange or pink paper ot make it harder for people to photocopy them without using a lot more ink.

heavenlyboy34
04-03-2013, 12:11 AM
well. actually, i read somewhere that the color of the paper affects a student's test performance.

also... non-white paper will make photocopying anything very hard. at my university, they sell notes and they print the notes on orange or pink paper ot make it harder for people to photocopy them without using a lot more ink.
Couldn't the student just scan it, alter the color scheme, print the altered version, and photocopy that? Sorry, I've never heard of such a system as your uni uses. :/

PaulConventionWV
04-03-2013, 07:29 AM
When you get into college, the paper is always 50% black fron ink anyway. Perfect, right?

jbauer
04-03-2013, 07:40 AM
In young children.

More at link.

Since the paper I had in school was very white, shouldn't all the white people be bitching because we use albino colored paper?

jmdrake
04-03-2013, 07:41 AM

Ummm...the examiner blog was quoting a news article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8786641/Dress-witches-in-pink-and-avoid-white-paper-to-prevent-racism-in-nuseries-expert-says.html

So yes this is real and yes someone is taking this idiot seriously. The good news is, this is apparently in the UK. The bad news is, we have educational consultants that are that stupid in the U.S. Maybe this particular insanity hasn't reached our shores yet....but give it time.

jmdrake
04-03-2013, 07:47 AM
How is white paper even considered flesh toned at all to begin with?

Because people are stupid. Personal note, when I was in elementary school we would get these "shading" assignments. I was the only black in my classroom and my brother and I were the only ones in the school. (Small private Christian school). Anyway, this particular one was Abraham Lincoln. I never understood what we were supposed to "shade". So I decided "Nobody is exactly white". So I gave Lincoln a nice light even shade with my pencil. Well...all of my fellow students were like "You made Lincoln black! He's not black!" I was like "I didn't make him black! I just shaded him. Nobody looks like this piece of paper anyway." The teacher came over and said "I know Lincoln did a lot for your people, but he wasn't black he was white." What a moron! I'm surprised I made it through school with any sanity.

/rant

jkr
04-03-2013, 07:49 AM
black paper & white ink then...
WHITE INK?!?
EGADS!!

abacabb
04-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I had a lot of that yellow paper growing up with the really tall lines because my cursive sucked. No wonder I like Chinese food.

jmdrake
04-03-2013, 07:53 AM
black paper & white ink then...
WHITE INK?!?
EGADS!!

If all along it was white ink on black paper the consultant would say "See! It's racist for white to be written on top of black."

Athan
04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
White paper made this hispanic a KKK member.

lib3rtarian
04-03-2013, 08:41 AM
The White House should be painted black and called The Black House to be politically correct, IMHO.

I am also no longer going to wash my white underwear to reduce any effects of its racism on me.

KrokHead
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Education Consultant says white paper may cause racism

In young children.

More at link.

I think media images of darker men and lighter women, essentially forcing black actresses to bleach (or take hormone treatments with similar effects) making people hate their appearance has more to do with young children's minds being affected.

I think cultures hating and fearing each other causes racism.

I think people not taking responsibility for one's actions, but playing the blame game causes racism.

My worthless opinion could go on. But I really don't think the color of paper causes racism. Also, when a lot of people draw themselves and others they omit their flesh color anyway.

James Madison
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
The White House should be painted black and called The Black House to be politically correct, IMHO.

I am also no longer going to wash my white underwear to reduce any effects of its racism on me.

I hope you're prepared to shit your pants in the name of diversity.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2013, 05:39 PM
If everyone behaved like she wants them to, this would be a cold, soulless world of obedient busybodies. I don't want to live in that world.

Welcome to the future.

Where a polyglot, amorphous, indistinguishable Borg Hive of faceless humanity, mindlessly consumes its way to rigidly defined and global government enforced "happiness", driven by a spinning rat wheel of unpayable debt.

jmdrake
04-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I think media images of darker men and lighter women, essentially forcing black actresses to bleach (or take hormone treatments with similar effects) making people hate their appearance has more to do with young children's minds being affected.

I think cultures hating and fearing each other causes racism.

I think people not taking responsibility for one's actions, but playing the blame game causes racism.

My worthless opinion could go on. But I really don't think the color of paper causes racism. Also, when a lot of people draw themselves and others they omit their flesh color anyway.

You mean the liberal media actually perpetuates the very racism it claims to be against? Say it isn't so! /sarcasm