PDA

View Full Version : American student gang raped in Brazil (USA Today)

Constitutional Paulicy
04-02-2013, 12:55 PM
American student gang raped in Brazil
1:45p.m. EDT April 2, 2013

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — An American woman was gang raped and beaten aboard a public transport van while her French boyfriend was shackled, hit with a crowbar and forced to watch the attacks after the pair boarded the vehicle in Rio de Janeiro's showcase Copacabana beach neighborhood, police said.

more here.... http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/02/rio-rape-american/2046819/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+usatoday-NewsTopStories+%28News+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Nirvikalpa
04-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Such van services are often linked to organized crime in Rio, particularly the militias largely comprised of former police and firemen that control large swaths of the city's slums and run clandestine services such as transportation and sell cooking fuel and illegal cable TV hookups. In general, tourists avoid the vans and opt for regular buses or taxis.

Move along, nothing to see here.

kcchiefs6465
04-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I knew it was going to be Rio De Janeiro before I even clicked on the thread. It's pretty bad out that way. From what I've read anyways.

torchbearer
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
people need guns.