PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: American Dead in Singapore: Was He a Spy? (abc)

Constitutional Paulicy
04-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Parents of American Found Dead in Singapore Say He Was Murdered
By AMANDA KEEGAN
April 2, 2013

video and article here..... http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-american-found-dead-singapore-murdered/story?id=18860037#.UVrm2TflaSo

Todd's family said he recently resigned from his position at Singaporean tech firm IME's research department and made preparations to move back to the United States.

"Then he started saying, 'Mom if you don't hear from me, then call the American Embassy. I feel like my life is being threatened,'" Mary Todd said.

Shane Todd said his work on superconductors for IME might have been passed to China's Huawei corporation, for use in systems that could involve jamming U.S. radar, she said.

IME shot down the Todd family's speculation, telling ABC News in a statement overnight that neither IME nor Todd was involved in any classified research project working with China, and that they deeply grieve his loss.

The circumstances of Todd's death and his employer's connection to a Chinese corporation known to the U.S. government as a national security concern have pushed the incident into the public sphere.