PDA

View Full Version : Print out THIS flyer to stop Internet sales tax!

Matt Collins
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Ron Paul's organization, The Campaign for Liberty, has created this flyer for us to be able to print out and distribute at political rallies, town halls, and public appearances by politicians to help raise awareness of the pending National Internet Sales Tax.

Download it, and print it here:
http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/NITflyer.pdf

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-01-2013, 10:57 PM
the gubernment won't stop until it destroys everything that's good in this world, like tax-free internet purchases. It's not really fair when people have to pay both TAX and SHIPPING. Shipping was already much like a tax.

Matt Collins
04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Bump

sailingaway
04-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Ron emailed about this. Unfortunately, it read more like Tate than Ron so I'm not sure how strictly to take the implication that the UN was looking for a cut out of this.

I'll download them.

angelatc
04-02-2013, 11:52 AM
the gubernment won't stop until it destroys everything that's good in this world, like tax-free internet purchases. It's not really fair when people have to pay both TAX and SHIPPING. Shipping was already much like a tax.

Well, shipping isn't really a tax - it's a service. But the shipping cost is one of the things that equalizes the costs for the local retailer. If I buy the coolest Hello Kitty lunch box in the whole world from a guy in California, I might not have to pay 8% in sales tax, but I have to pay $8.00 in shipping costs. If I run over to Target, I can find likely something that serves the same purpose for $4.99, plus 8%. So I really think that the "it's not FAIR" argument is (as always) a bit of exaggeration.

This is just corporate America trying to keep costs as high as possible.

Matt Collins
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
bump