PDA

View Full Version : A question for coders

Natural Citizen
04-01-2013, 06:43 PM
I've been asked to write a couple of white papers regarding the application of Curriculum and the S.T.E.M. program and how it can be improved. They will certainly be very broad and cover many aspects of the education process itself, the curriculum, parent involvement and influence and just a whole host of things.

That said, one of the things that I'm only vaguely familiar with is the way computer technology is applied. From what I've seen, this has entailed teaching students to link to google and various web pages and things like that. Marketing techniques to be clear. Obviously this is learning to use this particular technology for sourcing and those kinds of things not particularly relevant to the science itself. And it is a science.

I'm interested in hearing what people who actually write software and that sort of thing have to say about it's usefulness in the education system. What may be lacking, how better it should be applied and that kind of thing. As I said, I don't know too much about this field but I do know very well that youth are marketed through technology more so than learning to use it and wanted to at the very least touch on it briefly. I just thought I'd ask for some input from folks in that field here. I know that we do have some who do this here. If it's not something anyone is willing to respond to because of the fact that it's public education, I suppose that I could ask for input elsewhere. I'll admit my bias in leaning toward a more independent approach for this kind of feedback.

Thanks for any response.

Natural Citizen
04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
This is High School level, btw.