PDA

View Full Version : Today is NOT April Fools day...

ChristianAnarchist
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
That day is reserved for April 15th, the day all us FOOLS line up to pay the extortion tax !!!
:mad:

qh4dotcom
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
That day is reserved for April 15th, the day all us FOOLS line up to pay the extortion tax !!!
:mad:

That's what Irwin Schiff used to say.

And not everyone pays their taxes on the 15th...some do it earlier...others don't have the money and pay later.

phill4paul
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
That's what Irwin Schiff used to say.

And not everyone pays their taxes on the 15th...some do it earlier...others don't have the money and pay later.

And some, like me, don't pay at all. Cash and carry for two years running.

DamianTV
04-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Beware the Ides of April!

Christian Liberty
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
And some, like me, don't pay at all. Cash and carry for two years running.

Not sure posting this is a good idea.

Would you change your stance in the theoretical event that the government became a minarchist, libertarian government?

kathy88
04-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I got a love letter from the pricks today. Apparently an error in 2011 taxes. I owe them 7K. They can get the fuck in line.

ChristianAnarchist
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
One day us "fools" will play the fool no more...

phill4paul
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Not sure posting this is a good idea.

Would you change your stance in the theoretical event that the government became a minarchist, libertarian government?

No W-2s, no 1099's no worries. I pay personal property tax and sales tax. So local and state government get's it's pound of flesh.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I got a love letter from the pricks today. Apparently an error in 2011 taxes. I owe them 7K. They can get the fuck in line.

I got one of those a while back. They will first seize your state income taxes and if that doesn't cover it they will seize your home.

Best to deal with them or talk to one of those companies that get the amount reduced.

-t

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM

owe them 7k for what?

Wooden Indian
04-01-2013, 11:45 PM
owe them 7k for what?

The right to be a citizen of this fine land, comrad. Long live The Empire!

MRK
04-01-2013, 11:58 PM

I waited all '12 to get my tax return check from '11 after I was given a confirmation email that my return was received.

Each attempt afterward to contact the IRS via my 4-digit pin or adjusted income from the previous year was met with an error. I was referred by their website to their phone service.

Any attempt to call the IRS was met with an automated robot service.

Finally in December I decided to bite the bullet and drive 40+ minutes allllll the way to downtown-downtown Miami where the parking is $10+ and I went to the "local" (see: not actually local) IRS building at 1pm (they close at 5pm). After getting shaken down at the entrance of the federal building by the armed gatekeepers, I went up an elevator. There was a line going outside the room into hallway.

I try to walk in, some kind of fedcoat stops me and asks if I have an appointment. I said no, the website states they don't accept appointments unless I have a disability, and told him otherwise I would have made an appointment.

The guy tells me I came in at a bad time of the season and too late in the day. I tell him, taxes are due in 5 and a half months, how is this a bad time of the season? And doesn't it close 4 hours from now? The guy stood up from his chair and told me I'd have to come back at a better time.

So now I had 4 different W-2s and 2 different 1099's from last year, and I couldn't submit my form electronically and had to deliver it via snailmail because there's some sort of error from last year. I had a bunch of itemized deductions I could've put on my return but I just didn't want to deal with saving maybe $300 in case they wanted to audit me and I'd have to show how I did everything legit by the books. Given the ineptitude I've experienced with the IRS so far, I'd bet the family farm that I'd lose orders of magnitude than $300 in lost productivity if I had to work through an audit with them.

To top it all off, even though I got my confirmation email that I sent in my taxes for FY '11, I bet they're going to say I didn't send in my taxes and pop me with a bunch of fines to turn my 1+year overdue refund check from 2011 negative.

This whole thing is ridiculous. I know plenty of people who don't file taxes and nothing ever happens to them as far as I can tell. But, that's the tradeoff you make for wanting to earn a decent living and sleeping well at night.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I waited all '12 to get my tax return check from '11 after I was given a confirmation email that my return was received.

Each attempt afterward to contact the IRS via my 4-digit pin or adjusted income from the previous year was met with an error. I was referred by their website to their phone service.

Any attempt to call the IRS was met with an automated robot service.

Finally in December I decided to bite the bullet and drive 40+ minutes allllll the way to downtown-downtown Miami where the parking is $10+ and I went to the "local" (see: not actually local) IRS building at 1pm (they close at 5pm). After getting shaken down at the entrance of the federal building by the armed gatekeepers, I went up an elevator. There was a line going outside the room into hallway.

I try to walk in, some kind of fedcoat stops me and asks if I have an appointment. I said no, the website states they don't accept appointments unless I have a disability, and told him otherwise I would have made an appointment.

The guy tells me I came in at a bad time of the season and too late in the day. I tell him, taxes are due in 5 and a half months, how is this a bad time of the season? And doesn't it close 4 hours from now? The guy stood up from his chair and told me I'd have to come back at a better time.

So now I had 4 different W-2s and 2 different 1099's from last year, and I couldn't submit my form electronically and had to deliver it via snailmail because there's some sort of error from last year. I had a bunch of itemized deductions I could've put on my return but I just didn't want to deal with saving maybe $300 in case they wanted to audit me and I'd have to show how I did everything legit by the books. Given the ineptitude I've experienced with the IRS so far, I'd bet the family farm that I'd lose orders of magnitude than $300 in lost productivity if I had to work through an audit with them.

To top it all off, even though I got my confirmation email that I sent in my taxes for FY '11, I bet they're going to say I didn't send in my taxes and pop me with a bunch of fines to turn my 1+year overdue refund check from 2011 negative.

This whole thing is ridiculous. I know plenty of people who don't file taxes and nothing ever happens to them as far as I can tell. But, that's the tradeoff you make for wanting to earn a decent living and sleeping well at night.
IT costs 10 dollars to park at the IRS office? You're kidding right?

MRK
04-02-2013, 12:36 AM
IT costs 10 dollars to park at the IRS office? You're kidding right?

No, in downtown-downtown Miami you can't park anywhere near this building without paying $10 for (private) parking. Maybe I could've scouted for some better deals by the hour (other daylong parking I saw was $15 or $20) but I paid for the daylong parking because that's how long I knew waiting in line like a soviet would take. The problem is it's the only office for miles upon miles around, so there's not really an alternative other than one almost an hour north and another almost an hour south from where I was. Right now I'm in the midwest so maybe I'll drop by one of their offices soon. Although if I went 5 months before now and the wait was over 4 hours, I imagine the lines there this time of the year are like black friday where you want to camp out the night before (I hope this isn't actually the case especially in this area in the midwest lol).

qh4dotcom
04-05-2013, 05:57 PM
No, in downtown-downtown Miami you can't park anywhere near this building without paying $10 for (private) parking. Maybe I could've scouted for some better deals by the hour (other daylong parking I saw was $15 or $20) but I paid for the daylong parking because that's how long I knew waiting in line like a soviet would take. The problem is it's the only office for miles upon miles around, so there's not really an alternative other than one almost an hour north and another almost an hour south from where I was. Right now I'm in the midwest so maybe I'll drop by one of their offices soon. Although if I went 5 months before now and the wait was over 4 hours, I imagine the lines there this time of the year are like black friday where you want to camp out the night before (I hope this isn't actually the case especially in this area in the midwest lol).

You could park for free on the side of the street and not pay the meter station...the worst thing that can happen is you get an $18 violation.

Or park your car somewhere further away and use the free MetroMover

MRK
04-05-2013, 09:09 PM
You could park for free on the side of the street and not pay the meter station...the worst thing that can happen is you get an $18 violation.

Or park your car somewhere further away and use the free MetroMover

I've been known to do this now and then. However this area is swarming with fedcoats and local law enforcement at all hours of the day, or at least it has been every time I've been there. I don't like getting tagged by law enforcement in general, but sometimes it happens.

I've been known to try this technique down in Coral Gables where I feel like I can evade the meter maids. One day I got popped at like 2 am in the morning right before I got back to my car. So I put it back under my wiper blade and used it as a free parking pass as I did some shopping that day and then again as I went to a restaurant later that night. I'm pretty sure I saved more money overall that way, lol.

MRK
04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Ok, so I have an interesting anecdote to share.

I sent in my state tax return about half a week ago. I just checked my mail and it was returned to sender -- because there were so many pages (11) as part of the return form that the one "forever" stamp was insufficient and I needed 20 more cents for the postage. My return wasn't even much more detailed than the minimum.

I mean I've had to do this before for other letters I have sent, but it never occurred to me before now that my state tax return is so long it requires double postage.