PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Bob Barr and Wayne Allyn Root Re-Join Libertarian Party

Smart3
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Just a few short days ago, on March 28th, the 2008 Libertarian Party presidential nominee and former congressman Bob Barr announced that he will be running for U.S. Congress in 2014, in the 11 congressional district, as a Republican. Back in 2011, Barr had sworn off the Libertarian Party, and re-joined the GOP. The one time champion of DOMA, avowed drug warrior and unconstitutional war supporter came back to his original roots. First, he proudly endorsed Newt Gingrich instead of Ron Paul, and then strongly backed Mitt Romney in the general election. With this congressional campaign, Libertarians of all stripes thought they had gotten rid of the former CIA agent and accidental Borat star once and for all.

But not so.

Today, the third party world was shocked and rocked to its core by the announcement that Barr issued today:

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2013/04/breaking-news-bob-barr-and-wayne-allyn-root-re-join-libertarian-party-to-run-as-ticket-in-2016/

Christian Liberty
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
If this happens I hope the Constitution Party finds a really good candidate, or I may not even be able to vote for President.

For a brief period of time I thought Bob might be OK but then when I realized he had endorsed Gingrich instead of Paul I lost all respect...

ninepointfive
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
looks like an april fools?

"Speaking to reporters, Wayne Allyn Root (who has proposed a campaign slogan, “Create more WAR!”), said that “The Libertarian Party is just a bunch of idiots. I was able to not just win their vice-presidential nomination, but come close to being their actual chairman and was elected to the LNC. We will dupe those motherf*ckers once again, don’t you worry. The Republican National Committee has endorsed our efforts, and my comrade, Reince Priebus, even stated, ‘Once you guys finish off the LP once and for all, we will use your expertise to purge the GOP from these Godawful Ron Paul supporters, ‘libertarian kids’ and ‘wacko birds’. This will complete our project to completely annihilate the Liberty Movement and scatter its supporters to the four winds.’ Furthermore, he pledged an annual donation of $5 million to our campaign straight from the GOP’s coffers.”"

jkr
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
he is not a Jedi yet...

Smart3
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
If this happens I hope the Constitution Party finds a really good candidate, or I may not even be able to vote for President.

For a brief period of time I thought Bob might be OK but then when I realized he had endorsed Gingrich instead of Paul I lost all respect...

Jesus man do you EVER read the articles?

speciallyblend
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
real or fake, they just need to go jump off a large cliff into rocks!

speciallyblend
04-01-2013, 01:37 PM

on a bad day april fools sucks. sadly the article could be serious.

speciallyblend
04-01-2013, 01:38 PM
looks like an april fools?

"Speaking to reporters, Wayne Allyn Root (who has proposed a campaign slogan, “Create more WAR!”), said that “The Libertarian Party is just a bunch of idiots. I was able to not just win their vice-presidential nomination, but come close to being their actual chairman and was elected to the LNC. We will dupe those motherf*ckers once again, don’t you worry. The Republican National Committee has endorsed our efforts, and my comrade, Reince Priebus, even stated, ‘Once you guys finish off the LP once and for all, we will use your expertise to purge the GOP from these Godawful Ron Paul supporters, ‘libertarian kids’ and ‘wacko birds’. This will complete our project to completely annihilate the Liberty Movement and scatter its supporters to the four winds.’ Furthermore, he pledged an annual donation of $5 million to our campaign straight from the GOP’s coffers.”"

funny though very reasonable

Christian Liberty
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Yes, but I didn't really read this one until just now. Lol. April Fools Day FTW.

emazur
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mfw-production/image_post/611/medium/1348148278139.jpg

TaftFan
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
APRIL FOOLS

pahs1994
04-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I need to remember stay off the internet on april fools next year. the first 3 joke threads were funny but i just feel like i wasted 30 mins on rpf just to have all the "news" i read to turn out like reading a bunch of un moderated wikipedia pages

supermario21
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Lol, if Rand were the Republican nominee that would be the real libertarian ticket.

cajuncocoa
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Lol, if Rand were the Republican nominee that would be the real libertarian ticket.
Rand doesn't consider himself a libertarian.