PDA

View Full Version : 'One in five teenage boys' diagnosed with ADHD

green73
04-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Nearly one in five high school age boys in the United States and 11 percent of school-age children over all have received a medical diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, according to new data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

These rates reflect a marked rise over the last decade and could fuel growing concern among many doctors that the A.D.H.D. diagnosis and its medication are overused in American children.

The figures showed that an estimated 6.4 million children ages 4 through 17 had received an A.D.H.D. diagnosis at some point in their lives, a 16 percent increase since 2007 and a 53 percent rise in the past decade. About two-thirds of those with a current diagnosis receive prescriptions for stimulants like Ritalin or Adderall, which can drastically improve the lives of those with A.D.H.D. but can also lead to addiction, anxiety and occasionally psychosis.

“Those are astronomical numbers. I’m floored,” said Dr. William Graf, a pediatric neurologist in New Haven and a professor at the Yale School of Medicine. He added, “Mild symptoms are being diagnosed so readily, which goes well beyond the disorder and beyond the zone of ambiguity to pure enhancement of children who are otherwise healthy.”

And even more teenagers are likely to be prescribed medication in the near future because the American Psychiatric Association plans to change the definition of A.D.H.D. to allow more people to receive the diagnosis and treatment. A.D.H.D. is described by most experts as resulting from abnormal chemical levels in the brain that impair a person’s impulse control and attention skills.

cont
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/01/health/more-diagnoses-of-hyperactivity-causing-concern.html?_r=0

shane77m
04-01-2013, 10:38 AM
almost daily horny desires

CaptUSA
04-01-2013, 10:39 AM
What a bunch of b-----SQUIRELL!

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I wonder what would happen if I manufactured amphetamines and targeted children to get to use them.

ninepointfive
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
that's 400 federal dollars per student!

lib3rtarian
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
In the country I grew up, what is known as ADHD in the US was known as "daydreaming" there, and the treatment was spanking, not Ritalin. It worked fine and in most cases, the "disease" was immediately cured.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 10:50 AM
In the country I grew up, what is known as ADHD in the US was known as "daydreaming" there, and the treatment was spanking, not Ritalin. It worked fine and in most cases, the "disease" was immediately cured.
What a strange, strange place.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Sales of stimulants to treat A.D.H.D. have more than doubled to $9 billion in 2012 from $4 billion in 2007
Too big to prosecute.

freejack
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Yup. My mom beat the ADHD out of me when I was a wee lad.

Barrex
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
My entire family is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)

Nothing wrong with that.

Morons are the problem.... not "crazy" people.

talkingpointes
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Yea, ok. That's from southpark. I had "adhd" and was beat frequently. But that was because I was above average not the other way around. My folks were not interested in learning and now I'm obsessed with it. Anyone that can see and pay attention in schools to the retards droning from the podium are the ones with the problems. Not the ones that see the entire thing as a waste.

Antischism
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Chugga Chugga (http://www.myspace.com/chuggachugga) said it best in their song about ADHD:

I don't understand why so much stress is put on academics,
and they say they've discovered what doctors call an epidemic.

They say that kids can't learn—because they are attention deficit,
Knowledge is golden, the education system is bullshit.

A! - D! - H! - D!

That's what they're calling my condition.

A! - D! - H! - D!

We're just sick of this institution.

A! - D! - H! - D!

It's not that we can't pay attention.

A! - D! - H! - D!

School's just not worth the concentration.

BenIsForRon
04-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Freaky people make the beauty of he world.

Modern technology does exacerbate ADD in kids though. I think I'm way more ADD thanks to the internet satiating my brains every desire since I was in high school.

belian78
04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
This country is so screwed. Everyone has some type of ailment or condition anymore. I kid you not, yesterday I had to get in between one of my sisters and my niece because they were arguing over who had a more severe case of OCD, they started yelling at each other and almost got in each other's faces. I told em both they just needed to smoke a fuckin joint every now and then and quit trying to label themselves with shit they had no idea about.

kathy88
04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Freaky people make the beauty of he world.

Modern technology does exacerbate ADD in kids though. I think I'm way more ADD thanks to the internet satiating my brains every desire since I was in high school.

There's got to be something to that. Constant stimulus or something. Games, phones, computers...

belian78
04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
There's got to be something to that. Constant stimulus or something. Games, phones, computers...
That's a huge part of it, people of all ages get whatever they want, right now at all times of day and night. You cannot do that continually w/o your brain being accustomed to being constantly stimulated by outside sources, and becoming dependent on that constant stimulation.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Reminds me of a Rolling Stones song- Mother's Little Helper

Kids are different today, I hear ev'ry mother say
Mother needs something today to calm her down
And though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill
She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day

Great song. One of their best, imo.

angelatc
04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
The bright side is that ADD disqualifies you from the military. I allowed my son to be diagnosed for that very reason.

But he really is a scatterbrain - always has been. Even when he was a tiny kid, I could never tell him to pick up his toys. I always had to stay with him the whole time saying things like, "OK, pick up that Lego. Put it in the Lego bin. Now pick up that soldier. Put it in the soldier bin." I'm not a touchy feely Mom, and my younger son isn't like that - never was. My older one still is. To this day I can't tell him to do anything that involves more than two steps. "Go upstairs and close your window." He can do. "Go upstairs, and check to see if your window is open. Close it of it is," means there will be an open window when I get up there.

I love him to death, but I pity whomever hires him. And I'm pretty sure it's best that the military doesn't want him.

kathy88
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Reminds me of a Rolling Stones song- Mother's Little Helper

Great song. One of their best, imo.

Right up there with Dead Flowers :)

donnay
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Most of the ADHD problems would diminish in children if they were not nutrient deficient. :(

kathy88
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
The bright side is that ADD disqualifies you from the military. I allowed my son to be diagnosed for that very reason.

But he really is a scatterbrain - always has been. Even when he was a tiny kid, I could never tell him to pick up his toys. I always had to stay with him the whole time saying things like, "OK, pick up that Lego. Put it in the Lego bin. Now pick up that soldier. Put it in the soldier bin." I'm not a touchy feely Mom, and my younger son isn't like that - never was. My older one still is. To this day I can't tell him to do anything that involves more than two steps. "Go upstairs and close your window." He can do. "Go upstairs, and check to see if your window is open. Close it of it is," means there will be an open window when I get up there.

I love him to death, but I pity whomever hires him. And I'm pretty sure it's best that the military doesn't want him.

We have the same kid and I did the same thing. I can see it now. Oh look, a pretty rock. BLAM.

angelatc
04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Most of the ADHD problems would diminish in children if they were not nutrient deficient. :(

Yes, it's entirely my fault for not feeding him properly. ROTFL!

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Well hell, I know my reason for deferment for when a draft is re-institutionalized. I am an attention deficited conscientious objector.

donnay
04-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Our food sources are depleted of minerals. Herbicides and pesticides are compounding the issues. So don't go getting you ass on your shoulders no one is blaming you. *SIGH* :rolleyes:

willwash
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Is RPF the kind of place where I'll get my head bitten off for suggesting that ADD and ADHD don't really exist? I only as, Coz, well, they don't.

kathy88
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Our food sources are depleted of minerals. Herbicides and pesticides are compounding the issues. So don't go getting you ass on your shoulders no one is blaming you. *SIGH* :rolleyes:

I can honestly say I've never heard, "don't go getting your ass on your shoulders" before. I thought I knew them all.

ClydeCoulter
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I can honestly say I've never heard, "don't go getting your ass on your shoulders" before. I thought I knew them all.

Wouldn't that mean your head is up your ass to get it on your shoulders? :)

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Is RPF the kind of place where I'll get my head bitten off for suggesting that ADD and ADHD don't really exist? I only as, Coz, well, they don't.
I'm not saying ADD and ADHD don't exist or that some of these kids don't have it, but I am saying it is widely over-diagnosed and that they shouldn't be passing out amphetamines to children like candy. Their profits tell you all you need to know. Plus the school's incentive to 'diagnose' your child shows how despicable our society has become. Could you imagine cocaine dealers targeting you and your children constantly through commercials and reports? And then the drug dealers had enough influence to give schools extra money with each child they get to use their drugs? That is essentially what we have. But your child better not smoke a certain plant. Lord knows with the new prisons they built, they need someone to put in them. Might even have a guarantee to keep said prison full.

And people by and large honestly have no idea what I'm talking about. Sad to see so many willingly head to slaughter, so to speak. It's really all right in their faces.

Kodaddy
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
"The milk's going bad.................and there it goes....."-Bobby Hill

thoughtomator
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM

You'll get nothing but agreement from me. ADD/ADHD is nothing but an excuse for PhRma and legions of psychiatric quacks to profit off of child abuse.

angelatc
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
You'll get nothing but agreement from me. ADD/ADHD is nothing but an excuse for PhRma and legions of psychiatric quacks to profit off of child abuse.

So much for libertarianism. People are too stupid to know what's best for their own kids?

Occam's Banana
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
And even more teenagers are likely to be prescribed medication in the near future because the American Psychiatric Association plans to change the definition of A.D.H.D. to allow more people to receive the diagnosis and treatment.

Yet more proof that psychiatry is not medicine - and that psychiatrists are not "real" doctors who treat real medical conditions.

Imagine if the American Medical Association announced that it planned to change the definition of cancer - for no other reason than "to allow more people to be diagnosed with cancer and to receive chemotherapy."

When definitions and diagnoses are based upon what they allow (so-called) "doctors" to do (rather than upon objective physiology & pathology), you have left the realm of science & medicine completely - and you have entered the realm of normative judgements and subjective assesments, motivations, and desires.

And the guild known as the A.P.A. has a very strong subjective motivation to fill the coffers of Big Pharma with lucre - and it seeks to do so in part by filling the schools with drugged, docile and tractable children. It's a disgusting and contemptible corruption of science and medicine.

There is value in psychiatry when it does not parade itself around as some kind of "medical panacea" - and is rather approached as a way of helping (not "curing" - just helping) individuals with their problems.

But "medical" psychiatry and its "diseasification" of undesirable behaviors are dangerous perversions.

And mark this well: it is only a matter of time before ardent love of liberty is deemed by psychiatrist "doctors" to be a "treatable mental illness" ...

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2013, 12:53 PM
This is my not-so-expert opinion as well. Extra-cirricular activities like music, arts, and sports tend to improve kids' attention and learning problems. Boys especially tend to have extra energy they need to burn off. There is also truth to what donnay said about nutrition. If you don't eat properly, you can be totally full and terribly malnourished at the same time.

+rep for Mr Banana^^ According to psychiatry, childhood is a disease that needs to be drugged away.:p

angelatc
04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
This is my not-so-expert opinion as well. Extra-cirricular activities like music, arts, and sports tend to improve kids' attention and learning problems. Boys especially tend to have extra energy they need to burn off. There is also truth to what donnay said about nutrition. If you don't eat properly, you can be totally full and terribly malnourished at the same time.

<shrugs> Because nobody that has their son medicated has ever tried changing diets and looking for food allergies and such, right? They all go right to the medicine, because the doctor said so - is that what you think? Because it's wrong. Most people try a myriad of solutions before finally opting for the medication.

For the record, my kid isn't medicated but I certainly am not arrogant enough to assert that parents that made different choices are simply not as smart as I am. Or that they're lazy, or didn't do their homework....I assume they made the best choice for their family.

I can't figure out why we're not blaming vaccines though.

parocks
04-01-2013, 01:06 PM

The same food doesn't have the same nutrients these days.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I can't figure out why we're not blaming vaccines though.

I know, right?

I mean, the government/medical complex proclaimed them safe and sound and certainly not the cause of anything but sunshine and lollipops.

angelatc
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I know, right?

I mean, the government/medical complex proclaimed them safe and sound and certainly not the cause of anything but sunshine and lollipops.

I know - it's just a shame that the snake oil sellers can't actually produce any evidence to support their claims. Then maybe I'd believe there was something to it. Because I think it's borderline insane to believe that the conspiracy somehow involves almost all the medical doctors in the country.

angelatc
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Right. Still waiting on some proof of that.....

donnay
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Get ready for the trough of GMO's--I can only imagine what the children will be like in 20 years. That's if people even have children in 20 years since so many GMO's cause infertility.

Dr.3D
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
"The milk's going bad.................and there it goes....."-Bobby Hill
Guess they will have to build milk prisons next.

donnay
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I know - it's just a shame that the snake oil sellers can't actually produce any evidence to support their claims. Then maybe I'd believe there was something to it. Because I think it's borderline insane to believe that the conspiracy somehow involves almost all the medical doctors in the country.

First you have to understand the goals of the globalist tyranny. They cannot control 7 billion people. The Rockefeller's & Carnegie's were behind the eugenicist programs in the medical schools. We are talking about indoctrination by psychopaths. But don't take my word for it, look it up yourself.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM

What "conspiracy"?

It's just bad info and bad practices.

Bad practices which kill, conservatively, over 100,000 people every year, through medical mistakes and misadventure.

Nothing is more hidebound than the medical establishment, I've seen it first hand.

People may want to jump on Mrs. AF because of her outspoken views on the medical establishment, but I just saw it with my own eyes.

If she had not taken over and forcibly removed her mother from the treatment regime and hospital she was confined in, she would have died.

I have no doubt in my mind about this at all.

I don't know for sure, what is causing this explosion in ADD...but something is, and we better get to the bottom of it, and quick.

And I'm sorry if I am skeptical of the very establishment that looks to profit from it as not being blameless in the cause.

(Oh, and her mother made a full recovery btw)

Danan
04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't know for sure, what is causing this explosion in ADD...but something is, and we better get to the bottom of it, and quick.

I'd say because nobody diagnosed fidgety kids or those with a lack of concentration with a mental disease years ago.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I'd say because nobody diagnosed fidgety kids or those with a lack of concentration with a mental disease years ago.
Could be.

And that would be even worse than a "grand conspiracy" of vaccines.

donnay
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM

Senate Document No. 264, 1936 74th Congress, 2nd Session
http://www.liquidvitaminsolutions.com/feature/11/Senate-Document-264---Farmland-Mineral-Depletion.htm

puppetmaster
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM

Is he on meds for this......?
Did he get vaccines?
Have you adjusted his diet to one with positive results for ADD?
This may prevent him for owning a firearm also.

Not judging just asking

dannno
04-01-2013, 01:50 PM

It's not your fault that the government subsidizes the very foods that, not incidentally, are very inexpensive, which are also causing nutrient deficiencies in everyone. They aren't inexpensive because of how little resources they take to produce, they are inexpensive because most of it is pre-paid for with our taxes. So its really not inexpensive at all, but we are all forced to pay for it. I blame the government for your average working family who can't afford decent quality food because they are taxing everybody and then giving it over to the people who produce the worst food. In fact, I may have to resort solely to inexpensive foods one of these days. That pisses me off.

thoughtomator
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
So much for libertarianism. People are too stupid to know what's best for their own kids?

What's that got to do with libertarianism? People are accepting the voice of authority as handed down to them - a government/Fascism-driven voice, I might add.

thoughtomator
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM

What they're really diagnosing as mental illness is "lack of sufficient obedience to authority". Independent thought is a disease, to those diseased minds.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
What they're really diagnosing as mental illness is "lack of sufficient obedience to authority". Independent thought is a disease, to those diseased minds.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1ySbcIpNyPs/TqlgogWC-yI/AAAAAAAADYs/qO2APGVtUy8/s1600/Travel%2BSchool%2BPrison.jpg

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Guess they will have to build milk prisons next.
Try selling raw milk and let me know how it turns out.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Try selling raw milk and let me know how it turns out.

ETA: But oversee the marketing and distribution of amphetamines and the world could be at your fingertips. You just have to buy off enough politicians and skew enough studies.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Very true. I am of the belief that various outside factors are behind a lot of it. Look at the autism rates... now some will say they are better able to diagnose but I don't know. Testing over 2,000 nuclear bombs has got to have some impact on us. Fluoride in the water, Bisphenol A, or just the plain old medical waste ending back up in our drinking water. Different low frequency microwaves and people using cellphones daily. Technology isn't free from detriments. We just aren't smart enough to know what exactly they are yet. The more and more studies that come out, the more and more we will realize what we shouldn't be doing or rather, what is more harmful to our health than we'd imagine.

2young2vote
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Seems to me people believe if the children refuse the medication then that is proof that they need it.

Lindsey
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
People see me on crutches and figure they need to tell me their horrible health stories. For most(certainly not all) of them, I think they chose to remain sick. I decided some time back, I didn't want to be sick again, and all those little aches, pains, sniffles that I previously would've laid into, I started to ignore, and you know what - up until my accident I hadn't been sick a day since making the decision not to be sick.

I was in a car accident. If I would've followed doctor's orders, I'd probably still be in the same place now as I was a while back. The doctors prescribed so much crap to me; most of it I didn't even bother to fill, but what I did fill I weaned myself off as quickly as I could. The body does an amazing job of healing itself. I'm not dependent on an any medications and I am damn near close to walking normally again - I actually walked ~100ft on Friday (Still wearing a boot.) The doc's said my knee wouldn't bend very far ever again, but I haven't missed a day of exercises since I could stand, and I can do quad stretches now, (still can't bend putting any weight on it yet.) And this is doing it by myself, since I didn't want to pay for a physical therapist just to help me exercise.

People talked to me about filing lawsuits, and aside from not believing that was the right thing to do, I couldn't justify it, because that would mean I'd have to stay sick. I really wanted to move on with my life and put the bad experiences in my past, not milk my injuries for everything I could get out of them. This is the thing I don't get about people who collect SSDI - I know ~20 people on SSDI. It appears 19/20 of them are milking their illness/injuries for the benefits, but they are trapped, they "can't" get better because their livelihood is dependent on them being unable to work. They all suffer from depression, probably due to the lack of value in their life. They are tons of medicines, because they take one med and then need more meds to deal with the side effects of the first med.

I'm not going to claim I am an expert on ADHD, and I am sure there are illnesses/injuries you cannot just "will" yourself to be better from; however, when people start realizing that MOST of what they are medicating themselves for can be resolved with a few simple lifestyle/modes of thinking changes, I think they'll start to find life is a whole lot better.

DamianTV
04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I read this as "One in Five Teenage Boys Should Give Us Money For Anti ADHD Drugs".

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Truth. See "The Myth Of Mental Illness" by Dr Thomas Szaz, y'all.

DamianTV
04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Truth. See "The Myth Of Mental Illness" by Dr Thomas Szaz, y'all.

So not having complete and total BLIND faith in a Totalitarian Govt is also apparently a Mental Illness, well, at least by their definition.

tod evans
04-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Back when I was a kid we had to hide our speed from parents and teachers....

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not going to claim I am an expert on ADHD, and I am sure there are illnesses/injuries you cannot just "will" yourself to be better from; however, when people start realizing that MOST of what they are medicating themselves for can be resolved with a few simple lifestyle/modes of thinking changes, I think they'll start to find life is a whole lot better.
Exactly. QFT. What you can't fix, come to term with and work with or around it.

Not every condition is bad. They said I had ADD back when they first went on their craze of pill cures because I wouldn't color within the lines. They actually wanted to hold me back a grade. I wasn't not coloring in the lines because I couldn't, I was scribbling on the pictures because I was bored. When my mom finally sat me down and told me to color in the lines I traced around the edges of the picture with a darker shade, and shaded the inside perfectly. When I grew older there was nothing being taught in school that really would hold my interest. I suppose that could be ADD. I always considered it to be that I was being taught meaningless bullshit. I really wasted a lot of my time. (though in today's age I do believe you need your high school diploma)

I too was given a variety of prescriptions that were filled yet I refused to take. I would tell them simply I was not going to take their pills. They all eventually saw the pointlessness of trying to get me to take medication and eventually left me be. I still have problems I try to work through, as I'm sure everyone does. If I were to be taking amphetamines or benzodiazepines it really would not truly help. Instead it would pacify me into a place of complacency and corrupt my true thoughts or feelings.

I feel bad for the kids who got put on these drugs being told it would make them feel better only to become pill sick when their everchanging list of medications flucuates. Not everything can be reversed, if you have children and are being pressured to be put on these drugs, from what I've seen with family members, I'd recommend not to. Look at the Seroquel or Risperdal class action lawsuits. God forbid it is someone you know who develops facial dyskentesia or worse.

I don't see how we as a nation have gotten to the point where drug peddlers are revered and can target children while we have a massive police state which is simultaneously kicking down doors and shooting people, harrassing random citizens and voiding the Fourth Amendment. Feel like I'm in a fucking twilight zone.

parocks
04-01-2013, 04:28 PM

You want a link, or 100 links, showing that modern farming, which only replaces N, P, and K, results in deficiencies of trace minerals?

The plant takes up the trace materials, animals eat them, people eat them, they are not put back in the soil, they're gone from the soil.

You need links to this?

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Back when I was a kid we had to hide our speed from parents and teachers....
Oh how times have changed...

Maybe we can now release the low level speed dealers sitting in prison, huh? :rolleyes:

We fry the small the fish and feed the big fish.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
You want a link, or 100 links, showing that modern farming, which only replaces N, P, and K, results in deficiencies of trace minerals?

The plant takes up the trace materials, animals eat them, people eat them, they are not put back in the soil, they're gone from the soil.

You need links to this?
I am not a horticulturist by any means, but I'd imagine that the trace minerals can be added back in. I don't know the methods of these giant farms but I would not think a plant without trace minerals such as magnesium and calcium would grow too well. Especially after a couple of grows.

I am mainly unaware of the specific growing techniques but I do not doubt that processed foods are eliminating nutrients.

kathy88
04-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Very true. I am of the belief that various outside factors are behind a lot of it. Look at the autism rates... now some will say they are better able to diagnose but I don't know. Testing over 2,000 nuclear bombs has got to have some impact on us. Fluoride in the water, Bisphenol A, or just the plain old medical waste ending back up in our drinking water. Different low frequency microwaves and people using cellphones daily. Technology isn't free from detriments. We just aren't smart enough to know what exactly they are yet. The more and more studies that come out, the more and more we will realize what we shouldn't be doing or rather, what is more harmful to our health than we'd imagine.
And then who does the studies? What can we believe. Results favor the highest bidders more than likely. These monsters are too huge...

parocks
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
I am not a horticulturist by any means, but I'd imagine that the trace minerals can be added back in. I don't know the methods of these giant farms but I would not think a plant without trace minerals such as magnesium and calcium would grow too well. Especially after a couple of grows.

I am mainly unaware of the specific growing techniques but I do not doubt that processed foods are eliminating nutrients.

There are many trace minerals. Nobody seems really interested in finding out what humans need, what these trace minerals are used by people for.
Plants can grow without these trace minerals. These minerals, that humans need, can be put back in the soil, but if the farmers can sell them
without replacing dozens of minerals, they will. And they do. Some minerals might discourage bugs from eating the plant. Farmers use pesticides for that.
Etc. But it's clear that farmers are not replacing the trace minerals, only the minerals they absolutely need to grow plants.

MINERAL NUTRIENT DEPLETION IN US FARMS AND RANGE SOILS
http://www.canadianlongevity.net/misc/mineral_depletion.php
Agriculture, both crops and livestock, depletes soils of mineral nutrients, because of the removal of nutrients
contained in the produce sold. Since the 1950's the increase in farm productivity and efficiency has not always
resulted in a corresponding increase in the replenishment of mineral nutrients to the soils through commercially available means.
This is because many growers in the US do not have sufficient management expertise to account for or replace all
plant nutrient elements removed. In public range and forest tracts leased by ranchers, there has been relatively
little effort to replace minerals removed by livestock. Consequently, there is evidence of widespread mineral
nutrient depletion in U.S. farm and range soils.

Dirt Poor: Have Fruits and Vegetables Become Less Nutritious?
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=soil-depletion-and-nutrition-loss
It would be overkill to say that the carrot you eat today has very little nutrition in it—especially compared
to some of the other less healthy foods you likely also eat—but it is true that fruits and vegetables grown
decades ago were much richer in vitamins and minerals than the varieties most of us get today.
The main culprit in this disturbing nutritional trend is soil depletion: Modern intensive agricultural
methods have stripped increasing amounts of nutrients from the soil in which the food we eat grows.
Sadly, each successive generation of fast-growing, pest-resistant carrot is truly less good for you than the one before.

Are Depleted Soils Causing a Reduction in the Mineral Content Of Food Crops?
http://www.soils.wisc.edu/~barak/poster_gallery/minneapolis2000a/
Several studies of historical food composition tables show an apparent decline in food nutrient content over the past 70 years.
This decline has been attributed to soil degradation and the “mining” of soil fertility by industrial agriculture

Mineral Depletion Farm Land Mineral Depletion Depletion of Soils
http://www.mmpress.info/id58.htm
Percentage of Mineral Depletion From Soil During The Past 100 Years, by Continent: North America - 85%

http://www.ion.ac.uk/information/onarchives/soilmineraldepletion
We now know that, under ideal circumstances, plants absorb 70 to 80 different minerals from the soil,
while the number returned to it by plants grown with commercial fertilisers can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
Every crop that is cut or animal that is sent to market marks a further depletion in the mineral status of the soil
on which it was raised. Organic wastes that in former times would have been composted and returned to the
land are nowadays mostly consigned to landfill sites or incineration.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
And then who does the studies? What can we believe. Results favor the highest bidders more than likely. These monsters are too huge...
Seeing that they still quote the smoke drowned rhesus monkey study performed by the brain electrode implanting racist Tulane CIA scientist I really don't even know what to tell you. Propagandized from the day you can sense in the womb and it's no wonder these kids can't pay attention. I've read a little about the Romans who would sprinkle lead on food as a seasoning. (apparently it's sweet to taste) I think we are no smarter than them. That is to say, our technology is not quite where it needs to be. I am of the belief that we are coming in contact with something so 'stupidly' carcinogenic that future societies will look upon us as we look upon the Romans. (with regards to eating lead) That is of course, if we survive as a species until then. And that is a big if, sad to say.

Dr. Robert Heath (http://www.tulanelink.com/tulanelink/twoviews_04a.htm) (whose study they souce for marijuana killing brain cells)

I got yelled at one time for calling into question the validity of Robert Heath's experiment. Another supposed scholar. (as if they could do no wrong, or as if their moral compass somehow surpasses the average man) The same as those manufacturing amphetamine for your children to snort.

pcosmar
04-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Diagnosed?

I don't think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKZXH7MOwjI

parocks
04-01-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.sea-crop.com/

http://www.sea-crop.com/history.html

He theorized the apparent difference in disease resistance and vitality between life on land and in the sea is due to mineral deficiencies in our soil and food. He visualized an endless cycle wherein continents rise from the sea rich with minerals. The constant effects of climate: freezing, thawing, rainfall and erosion combined with mankind's historically poor stewardship of the land and increasing acid rain cause topsoil minerals to go into solution. These mineral solutions enter streams and rivers that subsequently flow into the sea. Dr. Murray concluded these minerals hold the key to human health and that it made perfect sense to recapture them and restore them to our soils.

Initially, he successfully experimented using diluted seawater on soils and crops. In an effort to reduce shipping expense he decided to try working with seawater evaporated to complete dryness. Then only the 3.5% of seawater that is the mineral content would need to be shipped. He called these dried minerals "sea solids" and used them, during many years of extensive and well documented research, on all types of crops and soils. The results were consistently the same: the plants flourished, matured more rapidly, were healthier, more disease and drought resistant and produced outstanding taste along with greater yields. In assays testing for nutrients, foods grown with Murray's sea solids had significantly more minerals (ash content), vitamins (25% more vitamins C in tomatoes, 40% more vitamin A in carrots) and sugars. In addition, he witnessed the same amazing results in all types of livestock and poultry that were offered feed grown in soil enriched with his sea solids. Physiologically, animals were healthier, gained weight more rapidly and reached maturity sooner. The main difficulty with Dr. Murray's system is that it required the application of 1,500 pounds per acre of dried sea salt to achieve the desired results.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2013, 05:53 PM
that's 400 federal dollars per student!

Exactly! - When Uncle Sugar incentive's something, you get more of it. I believe it's part of NCLB.

Big pharma is VERY happy with their lobbying return on investment.

-t

VoluntaryAmerican
04-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I was just talking about this today at lunch.

Shared.

Origanalist
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
What a strange, strange place.

Compared to.......?

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Compared to.......?
Hell. (here) [where you may lose your kids for their much needed spanking]

For clarification, my earlier post was sarcastic. A good lot of the children need a good smack (sometimes, I know I did) or something that peaks their interests. As much as I butcher math on this board, that is my interest. I wouldn't expect someone artistic would ever need to know trigonometry or what have you. The system is turning kids into noncreative 'zombies' who all 'know' (memorized) the same thing.

Perhaps I should start clarifying my posts which are sarcastic. I just usually figure many of the regular posters know me well enough.

Restore America Now
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
People talked to me about filing lawsuits, and aside from not believing that was the right thing to do, I couldn't justify it, because that would mean I'd have to stay sick. I really wanted to move on with my life and put the bad experiences in my past, not milk me injuries for everything I could get out of them. This is the thing I don't get about people who collect SSDI - I know ~20 people on SSDI, (some I know very well.) It appears 19/20 of them are milking their illness/injuries for the benefits, but they are trapped, they "can't" get better because their livelihood is dependent on them being unable to work. They all suffer from depression, probably due to the lack of value in their life. They are tons of medicines, because they take one med and then need more meds to deal with the side effects of the first med.

John Stossel had an interesting segment on his show about this a few months back. It runs from 18:12 to 24:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPdaETrnOK0

heavenlyboy34
04-01-2013, 09:37 PM

For clarification, my earlier post was sarcastic. A good lot of the children need a good smack (sometimes, I know I did) or something that peaks their interests. As much as I butcher math on this board, that is my interest. I wouldn't expect someone artistic would ever need to know trigonometry or what have you. The system is turning kids into noncreative 'zombies' who all 'know' (memorized) the same thing.

Perhaps I should start clarifying my posts which are sarcastic. I just usually figure many of the regular posters know me well enough.
I find that the /sarc tag works when the sarcasm isn't that obvious. I am disappoint, though, when people miss really obvious sarcasm-with winky faces and all. :/

Origanalist
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM

No need, I was being sarcastic myself. :rolleyes:

Mani
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
So....6.4 million kids on ADHD related drugs....and the article states it leads to "occasional Psychosis".

And then it doesn't mention psychosis again...

What is psychosis: refers to an abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". People suffering from psychosis are described as psychotic. Psychosis is given to the more severe forms of psychiatric disorder, during which hallucinations and delusions and impaired insight may occur.[2]

So let's say occasional means 1%, that's 64,000 kids who suffer from psychosis?

and what other side effects of Ritalin?

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineSideEffects.aspx?condition=Behavioural%20P roblems&medicine=Ritalin

UNCOMMON:

*anger
*feeling restless
*thoughts of committing suicide
*mania or mania-like behaviour
*unusual thoughts
*withdrawal symptoms can occur when this medicine is stopped. These include feeling depressed or hyperactivity

So we have documented symptoms that occasional occur as above?

And we then WONDER, WHY or HOW it happened that a teenager or young adult found is way to guns and then attacked a school?

So the solution is to ban guns??

How about looking at the BIG PHARMA who TURNED THESE KIDS INTO PSYCHOTICS.

Since the first school shooting with Columbine...Those kids were on Ritalin...I remember reading they couldn't get into the army because of it. And SO SO MANY more kids that have shot up schools were on Ritalin or Adderall.

But you think Big Pharma allows that information out??? Oh hell no, they site medical privacy and you will NEVER hear if any of those kids were on any ADD OR ADHD drugs. And if it does come out for a second, that shit is shutdown immediately and you will never hear a word.

I'm not here to say ADD/ADHD does NOT exist, but I think out of the 16% of the children who are on that drug, I'm sure the number should be closer to 0-1%.

I will never forget my neighbor a single mom, she had a nice polite, bright young boy, as he was just turning into his teens 11-13 years old, I think his grades went down a bit and I believe he was struggling without a father figure and her working 14 hours a day. The school recommended ADD/ADHD drugs. She put him on it, and after a while SHE CRIED...She used to say, "What happened to my son??" He said he turned into a fucking zombie.

I'm pretty sure she took him off it, she was traumatized and we moved shortly afterwards, but she did get remarried and his entire demeanor changed for the better.

That was my only firsthand experience with someone on Ritalin/Adderall.

I honestly do think a SIGNIFICANT number of school shootings are kids who are in the "occasional psychosis" group, but Big Pharma is making waay too much money to give a damn about the "occasional" school shooting.

Correction: this article shows the COlumbine kid was on Prozac:

http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/the-school-shooting-white-paper/

From the above link, look at what they found as Ritalin side effects:

For every one of the following (selected and quoted verbatim) Ritalin effects then, there is at least one confirming source in the medical literature:

• Paranoid delusions

• Paranoid psychosis

• Hypomanic and manic symptoms, amphetamine-like psychosis

• Activation of psychotic symptoms

• Toxic psychosis

• Visual hallucinations

• Auditory hallucinations

• Can surpass LSD in producing bizarre experiences

• Effects pathological thought processes

• Extreme withdrawal

• Terrified affect

• Started screaming

• Aggressiveness

• Insomnia

• Since Ritalin is considered an amphetamine-type drug, expect amphatamine-like effects

• psychic dependence

• High-abuse potential DEA Schedule II Drug

• Decreased REM sleep

• When used with antidepressants one may see dangerous reactions including hypertension, seizures and hypothermia

• Convulsions

• Brain damage may be seen with amphetamine abuse.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
But you think Big Pharma allows that information out??? Oh hell no, they site medical privacy and you will NEVER hear if any of those kids were on any ADD OR ADHD drugs. And if it does come out for a second, that shit is shutdown immediately and you will never hear a word.
I honestly do think a SIGNIFICANT number of school shootings are kids who are in the "occasional psychosis" group, but Big Pharma is making waay too much money to give a damn about the "occasional" school shooting.

http://ssristories.com

and 90+% of all mass shooters are on this crap!

-t

Mani
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
http://ssristories.com

and 90+% of all mass shooters are on this crap!

-t

Yes and the more you read, the more you find out that people HAVE SUED big Pharma for millions coz of this stuff, and the lawsuit DISAPPEARS, as it is QUIETLY settled out of court.

tangent4ronpaul
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Yes and the more you read, the more you find out that people HAVE SUED big Pharma for millions coz of this stuff, and the lawsuit DISAPPEARS, as it is QUIETLY settled out of court.

Don't forget the court cases where someone is criminally charged for going postal and this (SSRI use) is used as a defense. It's a little harder to sweep those under the rug.

-t

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
More like Can't Pay Attention To Boring Old Teachers Syndrome
CPABOTS

kcchiefs6465
04-02-2013, 12:00 AM
No need, I was being sarcastic myself. :rolleyes:
I am a little bit confused by your rolling eyes smiley. In case my position or my views are unclear, let me clarify.

My "What a strange, strange place" was sarcastic. I have picked my switch too many damn times and have caught the wrong end of a belt more than once. My main point being, my father was around. I had discipline. Now we have girls who are only 14 years old with babies. Their baby's father is in prison. Kids raising kids is not something that should be excused. Her father wasn't around to raise her, now her child's father isn't around to teach the baby a little about life. (not that his prison bound or imprisoned ass could in the first place) And some wonder why you can't walk through certain neighborhoods. This culture needs to change. This mass immorality of the people needs to change. And goddamn it, parents need to smack their child in the mouth when they back talk. I am not waivering on my position or changing my 'rhetoric.' Kids need both parents. And if they're bad, they need to pick a switch and learn that actions have consequences. I bet they will think twice before acting up.

Now there is a fine line between abuse. Discipline and appropriate punishment is a part of being a parent. Me and my dad laugh about it all now.. over a couple drinks.. though I've been whipped good for my orneryness.

Those marketing amphetamines to children deserve nothing less than a fiery death.

The same as many would agree with if said person was trying to get your child to smoke crack cocaine.

My views hardly change. If I tell you I was sarcastic, I was sarcastic. Though I'd imagine you, who is familiar with my posts, would know this.

And as always, in case my other sarcasms have been overlooked, Fuck the police.

Occam's Banana
04-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Lew Rockwell podcast: Turning Children into Medicated Zombies (interview w/Peter Breggin, M.D.)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lewrockwell-show/2013/04/05/360-turning-your-kids-into-conforming-chimps/