PDA

View Full Version : The Machiavellian Genius Of Rand Paul?

William R
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Let’s put this all together. Rand Paul is for as large a guest worker program as US employers could want at any given moment. Rand Paul also wants to make it virtually impossible to enforce the law against guest workers whose visas had expired since future employers would not have to check with a federal database. This is a plan for not only a huge guest worker program, but also for a new ever-expanding population of unauthorized immigrants who overstayed their visas but originally crossed the border legally. Sure Paul is in favor of border security. Just as soon as border security is irrelevant as an aspect of immigration enforcement policy.

http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/postmodernconservative/2013/03/30/the-machiavellian-genius-of-rand-paul/

FSP-Rebel
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
While I tend to agree with this link, I think it should be in media spin as this isn't the image of his policy that needs to be showed off right now.

Brian4Liberty
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
The constant challenge for libertarians is to avoid playing useful idiot to the corporatists.

abacabb
04-01-2013, 10:26 AM
I read the Prince years ago, I wasn't impressed. Lying, stealing and killing...not very original.

jtstellar
04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
The constant challenge for libertarians is to avoid playing useful idiot to the corporatists.

or the drama queens and their witch hunt on who's a potential 'turn-coat'. i can't think of any prominent figure in this so-called 'movement' that hasn't been called a turn-coat, 'not a real libertarian', 'traitor', etc. challenge? i can't think of anything greater in terms of 'obstacles' this 'movement' has to overcome. i am getting more and more cynical with calling this a 'movement' quite frankly, seems like some old timers have nothing better to do than gossiping about rand, and rand's base is actually made up 70% of 'non-movement' now.

i hate to keep mentioning places like dailypaul, but go ahead and head over there and take a look anytime of the day on its top 10 headlines. that site seriously reads like tabloid news right now. this is the quality of the 'movement'? then forget about it.