PDA

View Full Version : This is why Dr. Paul needs the cash NOW as well as later...

KCIndy
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Romney's campaign is going on a spending blitz.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/13/romney.ads/index.html#cnnSTCText?iref=werecommend

Let's keep in mind that name recognition counts for a BUNCH in elections... I was reading a post of someone who had talked to a Rudy Giuliani supporter. The guy really only supported Giuliani because Giuliani was the only candidate he had really heard about on TV! Sadly, that's they way a lot of people are going to make up their minds on the candidates.

Go ahead and save most of your money for "max out" day - teaparty07. I plan to dump in a bunch on that day.

But please, please, please - if you can swing the spare $10 or $25 extra, give it now - in addition to what you plan on dumping on the 16th. (I'm selling stuff on eBay right now with the funds slated for early donation - it's junk I've had lying around forever, so why not get some *real* use out of it??) We need to get Ron Paul's name in front of every American voter - numerous times!!

With Mitt plopping millions of his own dollars into the race in the form of TV ad blitzes, Ron Paul is going to need ever dollar we can scrape up, in addition to the biggest, coolest, outside-the-box "guerrilla marketing" campaign in history! :)

quickmike
11-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Romney's campaign is going on a spending blitz.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/11/13/romney.ads/index.html#cnnSTCText?iref=werecommend

Let's keep in mind that name recognition counts for a BUNCH in elections... I was reading a post of someone who had talked to a Rudy Giuliani supporter. The guy really only supported Giuliani because Giuliani was the only candidate he had really heard about on TV! Sadly, that's they way a lot of people are going to make up their minds on the candidates.

Go ahead and save most of your money for "max out" day - teaparty07. I plan to dump in a bunch on that day.

But please, please, please - if you can swing the spare $10 or $25 extra, give it now - in addition to what you plan on dumping on the 16th. (I'm selling stuff on eBay right now with the funds slated for early donation - it's junk I've had lying around forever, so why not get some *real* use out of it??) We need to get Ron Paul's name in front of every American voter - numerous times!!

With Mitt plopping millions of his own dollars into the race in the form of TV ad blitzes, Ron Paul is going to need ever dollar we can scrape up, in addition to the biggest, coolest, outside-the-box "guerrilla marketing" campaign in history! :)

I agree. He would benefit from a big day on the 16th, but none of that will matter if he doesnt get the extra cash he needs right now and spread the word with more ads. He needs name recognition NOW not on the 16th. If he is well known now, the 16th thing will just sweeten the deal.

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 03:18 PM
how wealthy is that guy, he's already given ridiculous amount of money to bust him out of his campaign debt, how much more is he willing to sink of his personal wealth... ridiculous.

I'm not worried about Romney, he's already sunk his own ship

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I agree. He would benefit from a big day on the 16th, but none of that will matter if he doesnt get the extra cash he needs right now and spread the word with more ads. He needs name recognition NOW not on the 16th. If he is well known now, the 16th thing will just sweeten the deal.

we've had this discussion already, I think hitting the 12mil campaign goal on the 30th is a reasonable goal, and still eaves us pelnty of time to make the 16th ridiculously huge. Either way, put the 16th on all flyers and promotion materials since the 30 is friday so that'll probably have to be more exclusily online push.

Either way, let's not start a debate about when, just give

Primbs
11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Amazing that we are doing so well. What an accomplishment.

I didn't think we could raise 4 million in one day. I certainly didn't think we could raise twelve million this quarter considering how small the fundraising was in previous quarters.

The fact that we are going to meet the twelve million dollar goal which I thought was too optimistic several months ago is truly amazing.

This has been a remarkable historical effort. Romney has a lot of money but his message is uninspired. So he can spend twenty million on TV ads and probably only gain a few points in the polls.

KCIndy
11-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Primbs, I agree that Romney's message is uninspired. It's completely flat, if you ask me.

Unfortunately, most people in this country simply don't pay much attention to politics until a few weeks before the final, national elections. That's what makes it so difficult to win a primary. Sadly, few people care!

Ron Paul has the most amazing message going. I've often told people who say they "don't get" RP's popularity that it's more about the message than the man. No one else is saying what Ron Paul is saying - but we need to get more people to hear the message NOW. That means lots of publicity, and that means lots of money.

Unfortunately, Mitt Romney's personal wealth is somewhere between 200-250 million. Giuliani isn't exactly broke, either. That's why I believe money alone won't win - we need a grassroots, "guerrilla marketing" effort second to none. We need to keep getting the word out. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who is doing this! :)

Eleanor
11-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Donations this week have been going down since Tuesday's spike when we were trying to beat Huck's money bomb.

I hope it's just because everyone's preoccupied with the holiday weekend...

T206
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Donations this week have been going down since Tuesday's spike when we were trying to beat Huck's money bomb.

I hope it's just because everyone's preoccupied with the holiday weekend...

I know some posters on here claim that there are unlimited funds out there, but I think people are probably a little tapped out from the spike that you saw earlier in the week.