PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rallies Feb-Apr 2012 (Posted today as 'underground social video discovery')

sailingaway
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o2e_FUy-3eo#t=0s

http://qwm79.com/2013/03/31/ron-paul-rallies-feb-apr-2012-httpwww-youtube-comwatchvo2e_fuy-3eo/

MaxPower
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
I was waiting to see the rally in my hometown of Moscow, Idaho. :(

sailingaway
04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I was waiting to see the rally in my hometown of Moscow, Idaho. :(

May still happen. He's speaking at a convention of 15,000 in Ohio this weekend and will be speaking at a venue in Florida that holds 11,000 on the 15th, with a bunch of smaller appearances.

The one I wish I was at was the one in Ohio where the topic is 'Liberty Defined' this weekend...

Natural Citizen
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
That's a pretty good video. Is what we call a Renaissance. Without the phenomenon revolution cannot/will not exist. We've went from trying to change the course of history instead of trying to get elected to blindly following the narrative of those who would act only to just get elected and to hell with changing anything. Just jumping on the bandwagon. Get while the gettins good. Blending in like we're on the bus and almost purposefully blocking any chance of continuation of that phenomenon.

Probably won't see anything close to this for another hundred years or so. Who knows though. The real world functions very differently than the controlled environment where these minions function. It's spontaneous. Artificial disruption or interference from within doesn't exist in that world.

Is good to see Ron still active though.

sailingaway
04-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Ron's still making like the Energizer Bunny...

MaxPower
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
May still happen. He's speaking at a convention of 15,000 in Ohio this weekend and will be speaking at a venue in Florida that holds 11,000 on the 15th, with a bunch of smaller appearances.

The one I wish I was at was the one in Ohio where the topic is 'Liberty Defined' this weekend...
Not what I meant; there was a rally in Moscow, Idaho in February 2012-- at which I was a volunteer and got a photo with Dr. Paul, as well as his autograph-- which attracted over 2,000 people, but it wasn't featured in this video.

sailingaway
04-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Not what I meant; there was a rally in Moscow, Idaho in February 2012-- at which I was a volunteer and got a photo with Dr. Paul, as well as his autograph-- which attracted over 2,000 people, but it wasn't featured in this video.

Oh. Well that's your fault. :p

Chainspell was all over these forums looking for video of rallies to include. But it had to be HD.

Kidding about it being your fault, and thank you for volunteering to make the one in Idaho work out. I did read about those in the media. And Ron clearly would have won those caucuses if they hadn't changed the rules there to make the lower wins drop out on second ballots. I understand Ron won the first polls and then the Santorum and Gingrich people would combine etc. Which would be fair if that was how it was EVERYWHERE, not just in the places where the result would have been like this. Where the establishment was stronger, they DIDN'T change the rules.

Uriah
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
From a grassroots level I helped organize one of Dr. Paul's early rallies in Iowa. About 400-500 people attended at a time when most candidates were only attracting 5-50 per event.

sailingaway
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
From a grassroots level I helped organize one of Dr. Paul's early rallies in Iowa. About 400-500 people attended at a time when most candidates were only attracting 5-50 per event.

You did a lot and are still doing a lot. The numbers exploded later, but built on earlier exposure.

MaxPower
04-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Oh. Well that's your fault. :p

Chainspell was all over these forums looking for video of rallies to include. But it had to be HD.

Kidding about it being your fault, and thank you for volunteering to make the one in Idaho work out. I did read about those in the media. And Ron clearly would have won those caucuses if they hadn't changed the rules there to make the lower wins drop out on second ballots. I understand Ron won the first polls and then the Santorum and Gingrich people would combine etc. Which would be fair if that was how it was EVERYWHERE, not just in the places where the result would have been like this. Where the establishment was stronger, they DIDN'T change the rules.
Our man dominated up here in North Idaho even with the establishment fighting against him (I credit myself, naturally), but the dense Mormon population in South Idaho (spilling over from Utah, which borders Idaho on that side) did us in; in fact, this made for a very disappointing end to the evening, since North Idaho is in the Pacific time zone while South Idaho is in Mountain time, such that the votes were held roughly an hour later down there. I attended the Moscow caucus, which Ron Paul won in one ballot with more than half the vote in a field of-- I believe-- five candidates (counting Buddy Roemer, who comically received one vote), and all of the other early Idaho results I heard about were also smashing Ron Paul victories. I went home elated with the way the Moscow caucus had gone, as well as the splendid experience of having been there (a room positively brimming with energetic support for our cause), and optimistic that we would take the state. A little later in the evening, I checked up again on the incoming results to find that Romney had carried away the state on a tidal wave Mormon bloc voting in the southern counties, some of which went in the neighborhood of 90% in his favor.