PDA

View Full Version : Wtf is going on in South Florida? Fires and explosions?

MRK
03-30-2013, 08:23 PM
People in South Florida are telling me that they hear sounds of explosions in Coral Gables and further south, they are also telling me that parts of the Everglades are on fire. Is this related to the military exercises that went down in Miami a couple months ago? Is anyone there? People who are there right now telling me they are freaked out because they don't know why they are hearing the sounds of explosions... and don't know if it has anything to do with the fires in the Everglades. Wtf is going on?

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 08:27 PM
??????????? Would like to hear more myself. Our own MilissaWV has talked of hearing explosions in the panhandle. I think. Maybe she will post more.

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
moar meteors? been a lot of them flying by lately. we may be going through a murder of crows right now. love bugs splatting on the windshield.

TheTexan
03-30-2013, 08:29 PM
North Korea has invaded Florida. You heard it here first.

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 08:30 PM
moar meteors? been a lot of them flying by lately. we may be going through a murder of crows right now. love bugs splatting on the windshield.

I fuggin' HATE love bugs. If this is the cosmos equivalent we are fooked.

ronpaulfollower999
03-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary on my end, but I'm much closer to the beach.

Original_Intent
03-30-2013, 08:33 PM
thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening...!

MRK
03-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Now I'm told the bomb-like noises have stopped and the everglades fires are no longer on the news.

BAllen
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM

That's it! And the gubmint is retaliating with drones!

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I fuggin' HATE love bugs. If this is the cosmos equivalent we are fooked. does anything eat the love bug? does it serve any purpose?

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 08:36 PM
North Korea has invaded Florida. You heard it here first. Korean hand cranked sub drops nuke on everglades to win python challenge.

MRK
03-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Korean hand cranked sub drops nuke on everglades to win python challenge.

lol

i think the python challenge is over

but,

the people there told me the explosions sounds were not like fireworks.

i wonder what happened. maybe we will see on the news tomorrow :confused:

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 08:43 PM
does anything eat the love bug? does it serve any purpose?

Not a college boy but I would say somethings eat the fuck out of them. Otherwise there wouldn't be such a huge hatching season. Birds, possibly fish. I would venture to guess. That and 3+k vehicles streaming along Tamiami.

MRK
03-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Not a college boy but I would say somethings eat the fuck out of them. Otherwise there wouldn't be such a huge hatching season. Birds, possibly fish. I would venture to guess. That and 3+k vehicles streaming along Tamiami.

lol i left the everglades one day at 8pm from flamingo. i think i killed 500 or more of those bugs on the way back north

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 08:46 PM
just thought if something was eating them, there wouldn't be so damn many of them. dogs will eat june bugs, but won't touch love bugs. I guess they like the crunchy.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2013, 08:49 PM

(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico.

Natural Citizen
03-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Don't know about Florida but the Earth may be a little busy at the core. Needs to toss and turn once in a while...

kathy88
03-30-2013, 08:54 PM
(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico.
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me...

DGambler
03-30-2013, 08:59 PM
any links?

Anti Federalist
03-30-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me...

He's just a poor boy, spare him his life from this monstrosity...

tangent4ronpaul
03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh, STFU mundane! - it's just the USSA Stazi on routine training exercises. Now shut yer pie hole!

-t

MRK
03-30-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm being told the fire story about the everglades was on fox. Said 11,000 acres were on fire. Said they were positive that was said.

Not seeing any stories like that on fox miami right now though.

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 09:12 PM
lol i left the everglades one day at 8pm from flamingo. i think i killed 500 or more of those bugs on the way back north

You had a slow day. I lived in Miami. My dad liked leaving Fri after work and going as far as the station wagon would take us. It was fun watching the world through the rear view. When we got back home on Sun. I would swear I cleaned a dimes thickness off the front of the Chevy. Meh, everything seems bigger and badder in our youths. In my time I would estimate it at Brazillions.

MRK
03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
You had a slow day. I lived in Miami. My dad liked leaving Fri after work and going as far as the station wagon would take us. It was fun watching the world through the rear view. When we got back home on Sun. I would swear I cleaned a dimes thickness off the front of the Chevy. Meh, everything seems bigger and badder in our youths. In my time I would estimate it at Brazillions.

lol yeah and when i went that was in the winter when the the bugs weren't that thick :O

So i can't even imagine what it was like in another season haha

As far as the news I'm currently hearing out of florida from the people in florida, it's kinda hard to believe. I'm not seeing an reciprocation out of the local news media outlets anymore. who knows what happened? maybe just another crazy day in the wild wild south.

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 09:17 PM
lol yeah and when i went that was in the winter when the the bugs weren't that thick :O

So i can't even imagine what it was like in another season haha

As far as the news I'm currently hearing out of florida from the people in florida, it's kinda hard to believe. I'm not seeing an reciprocation out of the local news media outlets anymore. who knows what happened? maybe just another crazy day in the wild wild south.

Dunno. It's interesting. MelissaWV had a thread on this.... I'll try to find it.

Indy Vidual
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM

(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

MRK
03-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Was watching Fox News' live Stream in Miami just now, heard about fires along I75 due to brushfires on the west side of the peninsula which caused the road to be blocked. Roads not blocked anymore. As far as the sounds of explosions on the east side near Miami, still don't have any news reports about that.

AFPVet
03-30-2013, 09:39 PM
just thought if something was eating them, there wouldn't be so damn many of them. dogs will eat june bugs, but won't touch love bugs. I guess they like the crunchy.

I was riding my bike one time and a bug flew into my mouth... it had a grape-like taste :o

Feelgood
03-30-2013, 09:44 PM

Windshields. Grill on the car.

There is nothing going on in Florida. No boom boom or anything else. Nothing to see here folks...

Matt Collins
03-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Don't believe everything you hear, especially from the media. FL is a big place. Granted I'm in Orlando and trust me nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Don't believe everything you hear, especially from the media. FL is a big place. Granted I'm in Orlando and trust me nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

FL certainly is. I did, in my youth, follow a "skunk ape" story blocks away ( the 7-11 that I bought Star Wars trading cards and comics at ) and actually found footprints at the edge of the middle-school.
I'd rather spend a week in the Carolina Mtns. than 8 hours in an Everglade swamp.

Occam's Banana
03-30-2013, 11:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzhbhGaw_Ko

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 11:30 PM

Needs a soundtrack............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

opal
03-30-2013, 11:40 PM

Guinea fowl eat love bugs.. have barely seen any around the house since we got our little flock.

Re fires - end of winter, a company called swiftmud in the Tampa area used to do controlled burns in the swamps .. traffic delays, air quality alerts - wildlife gone nuts.. never heard a good reason why beyond the control issue. They wanted to do the burns so nature wouldn't get ahead of them and do it *off season* and swamp gas sometimes goes boom

MelissaWV
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Guinea fowl eat love bugs.. have barely seen any around the house since we got our little flock.

Re fires - end of winter, a company called swiftmud in the Tampa area used to do controlled burns in the swamps .. traffic delays, air quality alerts - wildlife gone nuts.. never heard a good reason why beyond the control issue. They wanted to do the burns so nature wouldn't get ahead of them and do it *off season* and swamp gas sometimes goes boom

Very likely this, but there have been a lot more exercises statewide of late. My guess would actually be that the fires (and Florida has a lot of them) are unrelated to the booming.

The fires are actually pretty damned dangerous. The smoke can drift over major interstates/highways and mingle with morning fog, and the results are horrible.

osan
03-31-2013, 12:11 PM

I recall they taste like poo and the birds don't touch 'em. Purpose? Do people serve any purpose?

Brian4Liberty
03-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Breaking news: No need to fear. The zombie outbreaks have been contained. Go back to your homes, and shelter in place.

tod evans
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I recall they taste like poo and the birds don't touch 'em. Purpose? Do people serve any purpose?

Bred by Monsanto in order to benefit the windshield washer fluid division of Proctor-n-Gamble..

torchbearer
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Purpose? Do people serve any purpose? plastic.

CPUd
03-31-2013, 12:28 PM

When I was younger, we got a couple of those birds because they also eat ticks. We kept them in the coop for a couple months so when they got a bit older and we let them out, they would presumably know to go back there at night. When the magical day arrived, we opened the gate and they came out. They did about 3 laps around the house, then went into the fields and kept going.

Never saw them again, but we heard they made a new home in a barn a few miles away.

rubioneocon
03-31-2013, 12:40 PM
North Korea musta found those extra silos in Cuba mon . . .

opal
03-31-2013, 12:59 PM
When I was younger, we got a couple of those birds because they also eat ticks. We kept them in the coop for a couple months so when they got a bit older and we let them out, they would presumably know to go back there at night. When the magical day arrived, we opened the gate and they came out. They did about 3 laps around the house, then went into the fields and kept going.

Never saw them again, but we heard they made a new home in a barn a few miles away.

bummer about the wanderers. We brooded them with the peeps (chickens) and let them all out together - making sure that there's food on the ground (or in a feeder) near the door to the coop - along with their water. The hens are mostly bigger than the *gooney* birds but the goonies guard them anyway.
Some go back in the coop (not many) at night.. the rest roost in the trees and they NEVER shut up.. good watch birds.. a leaf turns over that they were not expecting.. squawk!

moostraks
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM

Soylent Green?