PDA

View Full Version : What is it with these radio hosts?

osan
03-30-2013, 12:07 PM
I guess this talk radio thing has morphed onto something alien to me.

I was listening to some guy calls himself Joe Pags or Paggs. Seemed almost rational but was using much fallacy. I never call these things but tried today. My goal was to actually bolster his point by clarifying. He went off on me from the get go and went so far as to, now get this, accuse me of being a liberal.

What a dick.

phill4paul
03-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I've seen them eat guests that agree with them. Somehow being bombastic equates to higher ratings. An appeal to the lowest common denominator.

jj-
03-30-2013, 12:29 PM
People are stupid. A lot of people.

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
People are stupid. A lot of people.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.- George Carlin

jj-
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I think Rand's success comes in big part from realizing, accepting, and internalizing how stupid people are.

cheapseats
03-30-2013, 01:15 PM
...Somehow being bombastic equates to higher ratings...

Americans gotta look in the mirror on that one.

cheapseats
03-30-2013, 01:17 PM
I think Rand's success comes in big part from realizing, accepting, and internalizing how stupid people are.

He sounds and acts like he thinks he is smarter than everyone, too. "IMHO."

cheapseats
03-30-2013, 01:21 PM
There are many, many, many, many threads dropped into obscurity about the Liberty Moovement's NEED of effective radio.

Radio, too, is splintered.

Think...RADIO FREE AMERICA.

belian78
03-30-2013, 01:46 PM
In all fairness he most likely is more intelligent than a majority of american citizens. Hell, I'm no scholar and I get looked at weird from time to time because I use complete sentences and correct grammar.

osan
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm home now... the OP was from a phone. Yick.

Anyhow, this morning he said he thought the gay marriage thing was "stupid". So far as that statement went, I was in agreement. So he went on and on with a shitload of really bad reasoning, if reason could even be said to have applied, punctuating his rant with bits and pieces I found agreeable. So silly me, in the spirit of trying to be helpful, was attempting to add a little oomph to at least parts of his position by bringing up the fact that government had no business in the marriage game and that it got involved only after the Civil War where the marriage license was instituted to keep blacks and whites from intermarrying. Holy crap... I didn't get ten words out and he was on me like stink on rice. He wanted cites for my assertion about licenses. I attempted to tell him I was in the car when I heard him and was at that moment standing in the parking lot of a flea market (scored a super sawzall for $10, neeners... and it works.) and was unable to at that moment and he went off some more. I pointed out that he has people there who can do the research and verify what I claimed in about three minutes... "I'm not gonna do that... " and "How DARE you call into a talk show making claims with no backing", as if he were the arbiter of such things.

This guy is a dishonest putz. I will be certain never to listen to anything he has to say because he is ignorant, rude, and corrupt. Anyone wanting to post this to his site, assuming he has one, feel free. I'd love to see him try and take me to task. I'll knock his nuts into his tonsils. Figuratively speaking.

What a maroon.

belian78
03-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Tomorrow morning call in with all your citations ready and let him have it.

Henry Rogue
03-30-2013, 03:26 PM
I'm home now... the OP was from a phone. Yick.

Anyhow, this morning he said he thought the gay marriage thing was "stupid". So far as that statement went, I was in agreement. So he went on and on with a shitload of really bad reasoning, if reason could even be said to have applied, punctuating his rant with bits and pieces I found agreeable. So silly me, in the spirit of trying to be helpful, was attempting to add a little oomph to at least parts of his position by bringing up the fact that government had no business in the marriage game and that it got involved only after the Civil War where the marriage license was instituted to keep blacks and whites from intermarrying. Holy crap... I didn't get ten words out and he was on me like stink on rice. He wanted cites for my assertion about licenses. I attempted to tell him I was in the car when I heard him and was at that moment standing in the parking lot of a flea market (scored a super sawzall for $10, neeners... and it works.) and was unable to at that moment and he went off some more. I pointed out that he has people there who can do the research and verify what I claimed in about three minutes... "I'm not gonna do that... " and "How DARE you call into a talk show making claims with no backing", as if he were the arbiter of such things.

This guy is a dishonest putz. I will be certain never to listen to anything he has to say because he is ignorant, rude, and corrupt. Anyone wanting to post this to his site, assuming he has one, feel free. I'd love to see him try and take me to task. I'll knock his nuts into his tonsils. Figuratively speaking.

What a maroon.Some people just love to control other people and government is the vehicle they love to use. Doesn't matter which side of an issue they fall on or what party they identify with, they would rather lose on an issue than lose that government power.

pacelli
03-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Its called a script that they use to keep their job.

They all have one.

Lets pause for our sponsors.

Incidentally if you want to give real patriot radio a shot, try the links in my sig. I haven't gone back to conventional radio since 07. Same year the guys in my sig were talking about Ron Paul.

osan
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Tomorrow morning call in with all your citations ready and let him have it.

I'd actually thought of that, but in the end it was clear he would find some crude way of sidestepping and getting me off the phone.

No need to waste me time with fools like this. The sad part is that people listen to them.

I would have to rate the likelihood of this guy being controlled opposition at 95%+.

Origanalist
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Banned again???

VIDEODROME
03-31-2013, 08:59 PM
I feel that much of modern media has become completely subjective. They have abandoned objectivity.

The exception being some people on Business Network shows. It's hard to be subjective in the midst of so much raw data. It tends to make you have to be more analytical. (except maybe Jim Cramer)