PDA

View Full Version : NY1 'The Call' Viewer Calls For Gays To Be Beheaded

TaftFan
03-29-2013, 11:47 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/ny1-the-call-gays-beheaded_n_2979410.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Pro-Sharia caller.

oyarde
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
What does he think that would accomplish ? He better get used to America, we do not even do that to people who steal billions, why would you do it to someone who has not hurt anyone ??

Brian4Liberty
03-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Sounds like a false-flag caller to me.

KrokHead
03-30-2013, 07:13 AM

Yeah, total plant.

Cowlesy
03-30-2013, 07:18 AM

Yeah, total plant.

Definitely. I've listened to NY1's The Call a few times, and it's just over-the-top victims/whiners/old-crazy-people that call in.

Antischism
03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
He sounds like quite a few religious extremists I've heard in the past. Not far-fetched that someone would hold that view, so whether or not it's a plant, it's a belief that certainly exists.

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 09:41 AM
it could have been blackterrel.

Smart3
03-30-2013, 04:39 PM
I actually know several people who support the death penalty for gays.

VoteRandPaul2016
03-30-2013, 04:41 PM
No doubt a false flag call like Brian said -- just more propaganda to demonize Muslims.

Christian Liberty
03-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I actually know several people who support the death penalty for gays.

I have seen some conservative online posters, but I have never actually met someone in real life who held this view. I've met people who want to criminalize homosexuality, but never anyone who wants to punish it with death.

MelissaWV
03-30-2013, 05:12 PM
I have seen some conservative online posters, but I have never actually met someone in real life who held this view. I've met people who want to criminalize homosexuality, but never anyone who wants to punish it with death.

I have.

It's not pretty.

Whether or not they would follow through if given the power remains to be seen, of course, but there are some downright serious folks who go along those lines.

Christian Liberty
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
And I thought I was bad for supporting the death penalty for rape (I used to support it for treason, until I realized that treason is as often a heroic action as a despicable one.)

Come to think of it, I'm not absolutely certain that anyone I know wants to criminalize homosexual behavior, although I do strongly suspect that there are people I know who believe this. One member of my church devil's advocated (As in, I'm not totally certain if he actually agreed with the positions he was advocated) but he did not argue that the penalty should be death, in fact agreeing at the beginning that he did not believe the OT penalty was appropriate in the modern era.

I'm a Christian, and pretty much as "Biblically literalist" as you can get without being totally bonkers (I obviously do not believe that the beast coming out of the sea is literally a giant sea monster, and I suspect that other parts of Revelation are poetic imagery as well, I obviously don't take the parables literally, realize proverbs is often general advice rather than outright prophecy [lines such as "Train your child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it" is an "In general" not "in every single case"].) Basically, I take most of what any run-of-the-mill Evangelical (Not the Landover Baptist Church parody) would take literally. Its important to remember that under OT Jewish law (In my opinion NOT intended for all nations and all circumstances, simply for the Holy Land before Christ) it took two witnesses for a valid death penalty, how often exactly does this happen in a sodomy case? I personally think, although it could theoretically be carried out, in practice the DP even in OT Israel for sodomy was more a symbolic "This is really bad, don't even think about doing it" kind of law. In practice executions would have been rare to nonexistant. And that was the OT era, before the NT era of grace. In essence, people who think that it should still be punished by death are absolutely insane, and are probably greater sinners than the gay people themselves. I'll acknowledge I don't agree with the lifestyle, but some of the over the top people definitely need to pull some planks out...

ESPECIALLY if they also support unjust war, as they often do...

Christian Liberty
03-30-2013, 05:32 PM
I have.

It's not pretty.

Whether or not they would follow through if given the power remains to be seen, of course, but there are some downright serious folks who go along those lines.

What's almost hillarious is that most of the anti-gay folks won't even actually criminalize abortion. Granted, they'll give lip service to it, but most of the laws they would write would in reality shield the mother from any actual punishment. I'll admit abortion is the one area I actually agree with conservatives on. No, I don't actually trust the government to properly implement laws against it, but as a deontologist, it doesn't matter, murder is still murder and should always be punished. The job of the government is to protect people from each other and not from themselves. Most Warvangelicals (Stealing Lew Rockwell's term) completely flip the two around and its insane..

Brett85
03-30-2013, 06:20 PM
In the upcoming new America of "gay rights" people like this will get thrown in prison for speaking out against homosexuality.

MelissaWV
03-30-2013, 06:39 PM
In the upcoming new America of "gay rights" people like this will get thrown in prison for speaking out against homosexuality.

Which is ridiculous.

Those who speak out are only using words, and I'd rather just have honesty and know that someone holds a given opinion... then base my future interactions on how I feel about that.

Those who actually do harm are already punished under current laws, and there's no hate crime tack-on needed.

Christian Liberty
03-30-2013, 06:44 PM

One of several reasons why government recognition of SSM is a bad idea. There's no way to separate it from the greater "Gay rights" movement, however much some may want to. I'd also encourage people to read about the Philadelphia 11. Who says religious persecution doesn't happen in the US?

Which is ridiculous.

Those who speak out are only using words, and I'd rather just have honesty and know that someone holds a given opinion... then base my future interactions on how I feel about that.

Those who actually do harm are already punished under current laws, and there's no hate crime tack-on needed.

Using words certainly =/= using force. +1.