PDA

View Full Version : 10 year-old Afghan stabs US soldier in latest insider attack; Obama General talks winning

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
At first glance I thought news was dated March 2003. A decade later we are still there trying "to win". To win what exactly, only Obama or rather his puppet masters can explain who have been bent on escalating a futile strategy.

New Afghanistan Commander, Gen. Joseph Dunford: 'We're Here to Win'

March 29, 2013

Dunford admitted that attacks on the force by Afghan colleagues, like the stabbing of 26-year-old Sgt. Michael C. Cable by a 10-year-old Afghan boy with whom he was working earlier this week, have "absolutely" had an impact on the force. Dunford called such "blue-on-green incidents" a significant threat.

Last year, at least 62 coalition troops were killed by "insider attacks." As a result, Dunford said, the NATO coalition has increased training and counter-intelligence ability, including having armed men act as "guardian angels" present at meetings involving U.S. and coalition officials with their Afghan counterparts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/WorldNews/afghanistan-commander-gen-joseph-dunford-win/story?id=18823342

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 09:15 PM
How can this be an "Attack." Remind me exactly what US state this occurred in. Oh wait, none of them! This occurred in Afghanistan. We have some nerve calling this "An attack."

I don't wish this on a common soldier, of course. I wish it on the politicians who vote for this crap, but not the common soldiers. But we do indeed have some nerve confusing defense and offense all the time like we do...

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 09:21 PM
I used different terminology that maY not have been as accurate, to be fair Dunford called them incidents.

"Dunford called such "blue-on-green incidents" a significant threat."

One has to wonder what would drive a 10 year old or local resident of any age to such incidents.

On a different note, is US military using child labor on Afghan bases? If so, what is a no-no for Nike is not a no-no for military?

26-year-old Sgt. Michael C. Cable by a 10-year-old Afghan boy with whom he was working earlier this week

itshappening
03-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I wonder what job the boy was doing for the military.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
One has to wonder what would drive a 10 year old or local resident of any age to such incidents.

Maybe he read one of the textbooks we gave them.

J_White
03-29-2013, 10:19 PM
How can this be an "Attack." Remind me exactly what US state this occurred in. Oh wait, none of them! This occurred in Afghanistan. We have some nerve calling this "An attack."
I don't wish this on a common soldier, of course. I wish it on the politicians who vote for this crap, but not the common soldiers. But we do indeed have some nerve confusing defense and offense all the time like we do...

unfortunately only the pawns die in this war. the real decision makers are hardly ever hit, unless u r a no-longer-needed former CIA asset !

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 10:21 PM

Ones with New Hampshire freedom logo?

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Ones with New Hampshire freedom logo?

If out of 10 atheists, 5 are killed by 1 Muslim, 5 would be left.
5 guns + 5 guns = 10 guns
15 bullets – 10 bullets = 5 bullets

As Afghan schools reopen today, the United States has delivered 4 million radical Islamist texbooks. More are on the way. (See text below).

An aid worker in the region reviewed an unrevised 100-page book and counted 43 pages containing violent images or passages.

The military content was included to "stimulate resistance against invasion," explained Yaquib Roshan of Nebraska's Afghanistan center. "Even in January, the books were absolutely the same . . . pictures of bullets and Kalashnikovs and you name it."

The ABC's of Jihad (http://www.tenc.net/news/abc.htm)

Who could have ever foresaw that one blowing up in our faces? :rolleyes:

VanBummel
03-29-2013, 10:31 PM
When you have to worry about getting attacked by 10 year old children...maybe it's you.

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 10:36 PM
The ABC's of Jihad (http://www.tenc.net/news/abc.htm)

Who could have ever foresaw that one blowing up in our faces? :rolleyes:

As Afghan schools reopen today, the United States has delivered 4 million radical Islamist texbooks. More are on the way. (See text below).

Have to disagree if you seriously are thinking that any books are causing this. US had delivered far more radicalizing books & literature by plane loads in 80s there but back then they were in warm embrace of each other? If books caused this, why they were blood brothers of us "infidels" for that whole decade?

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Have to disagree if you seriously are thinking that any books are causing this. US had delivered far more radicalizing books & literature by plane loads in 80s there but back then they were in warm embrace of each other? If books caused this, why they were blood brothers of us "infidels" for that whole decade?
The four million number includes the books from the '80s. What is causing this is our foreign policy. (of today and of decades past) It doesn't help that we supplied them million of books further enstilling in them how 'noble' it is to repel invaders. Quite frankly, we are fucking stupid for not having enough of a foresight to see this might not work out as we hoped. (the unintended consequences)

Any number of reasons could be to blame. The attacks on our servicemen are from us being there in Afghanistan and other Muslim countries around the world. It's for the signature strikes and tumored babies of Iraq. It's for the human rights abuses as well as the seemingly countless coups we sponsored and partook in. This kid very well may have been taught from one of the textbooks we sent. Whether or not that specifically is to blame, I do not know.

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks for explaining in detail, I can't disagree with that. We are on the same page then.
Books, guns etc are tools ( we have supplied them both os these over the years) but in the direction they use it is governed by other realities. Foreign policy as you noted is in the center of it. Back in the 80s, we were not the invaders and all their guns were pointing towards the Russian invaders. We did plot to redicalize them with jihadi literature and it is just another self defeating contradiction in our foreign policy rhetoric.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 11:22 PM

The shooting down of two Libyan planes in 1981; the bombard-ment of Beirut in 1983 and 1984; the bombing of Libya in 1986; the bombing and sinking of an Iranian ship in 1987; the shooting down of an Iranian passenger plane in 1988; the shooting down of two more Libyan planes in 1989; the massive bombing of the Iraqi people in 1991; the continuing sanctions and bombings against Iraq; the bombing of Sudan and Afghanistan in 1998; the habitual support of Israel despite its belligerence and routine torture, and condemnation of Arab resistance to it; the double standard applied to Israeli terrorism, such as the wilful massacre of 106 Lebanese at the UN base at Qana in 1996; the continued persecution of Libya, now nearing the end of its second decade; the abduction of wanted men from Muslim countries, such as Malaysia, Pakistan, Lebanon and Albania; the large military and hi'tech presence in Islam's holiest land, Saudi Arabia, and elsewhere in the Persian Gulf region...these are some of the American actions that can turn an Arab or a Muslim into a fanatic, into a terrorist, into a decrier of "America, the Great Satan".

But those who feed us the platitudes know this. They're merely performing the timehonored public dumbshow. Mir Aimal Kansi, the Pakistani who shot five people outside CIA headquarters in 1993, told the FBI that he had done so to protest US policies toward Muslims in the Middle East, including the bombing of Iraq.6 Two days after Kansi's conviction in 1997, four Americans were gunned down in Karachi, Pakistan while driving in a car. "I think the linkage is quite evident," said a former CIA counterterrorism expert about the Karachi slayings.7

The bombing of PanAm 103 in 1988 was clearly initiated by Iran as an act of retaliation for the shooting down of its own passenger plane by the United States a few months earlier, and American officials well know this. The bombing of the two US embassies in Africa in 1998 took place on the eighth anniversary, to the very day, of the arrival of the first US troops in Saudi Arabia, following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. And during the US bombing of Iraq in 1991, there were dozens of terrorist attacks against American institutions all over the Middle East and elsewhere. Did US officials and the media not pick up any hint of cause-and-effect? They did, but subsequently, when it's been platitude
time, they suddenly become pre-Alzheimer. As the media critic Norman Solomon observed:

When terrorists attack, they're terrorizing. When we attack, we're retaliating. When they respond to our retaliation with further attacks, they're terrorizing again. When we respond with further attacks, we're retaliating again.

Respectfully excerpted from Rogue State, by William Blum. Great read if you get a chance to check it out. It is the one that became an instant best seller when OBL suggested every American ought to read it. Don't let that discourage you though, it is very insightful. I was looking for a section on us training various terrorists at Fort Benning. Specifically, the 'School of the Americas.' Can't find it now.

alucard13mmfmj
03-30-2013, 12:00 AM
like vietnam.. you cannot tell who is friendly or foe.

how the hell can you win a war like that.

belian78
03-30-2013, 09:45 AM
like vietnam.. you cannot tell who is friendly or foe.

how the hell can you win a war like that.
There is no winning a war like that, that is not the goal.

Tod
03-30-2013, 11:22 AM

It is tempting to think that the common soldier is not to blame, but if they refused to volunteer to serve in the banksters' wars, there wouldn't BE any wars. The common soldier is ENABLING this crap to continue, whether because they were bribed with a college education and added job skills or a false sense of patriotism.

There really is no penalty for avoiding it; it isn't even as though there would be jail time for not going, as there would be for some forms of protest, such as refusing to pay taxes.

I specifically did not join the military for those reasons; there were no conflicts going on that I thought merited my volunteering.

Similarly, I specifically avoided going to work for a member of the MIC (many people with my degree do go to work for them); instead seeking out companies that were not part of the MIC.

belian78
03-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I was as close as you could get to enlisting in the Marines straight out of highschool. I really sat down with myself and though about the why's and why not's, and realized that even with all the benefits of schooling/job placement and all that, I just could not get past having the gov own me for a portion of my life. That just felt wrong to me, on a most basic level, I couldn't do it.

We are 12 years removed from the WTC attacks, anyone that enlists today knows exactly what they are signing up for, and I have no pity for them and what they bring on themselves.

Occam's Banana
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
When you have to worry about getting attacked by 10 year old children...maybe it's you.

Reported.

osan
03-30-2013, 02:23 PM
At first glance I thought news was dated March 2003. A decade later we are still there trying "to win". To win what exactly, only Obama or rather his puppet masters can explain who have been bent on escalating a futile strategy.

New Afghanistan Commander, Gen. Joseph Dunford: 'We're Here to Win'

March 29, 2013

Dunford admitted that attacks on the force by Afghan colleagues, like the stabbing of 26-year-old Sgt. Michael C. Cable by a 10-year-old Afghan boy with whom he was working earlier this week, have "absolutely" had an impact on the force. Dunford called such "blue-on-green incidents" a significant threat.

Last year, at least 62 coalition troops were killed by "insider attacks." As a result, Dunford said, the NATO coalition has increased training and counter-intelligence ability, including having armed men act as "guardian angels" present at meetings involving U.S. and coalition officials with their Afghan counterparts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/WorldNews/afghanistan-commander-gen-joseph-dunford-win/story?id=18823342

Get the troops home yesterday.

Since that ain't gwyne happen, the next best solution, if one can call it that, would be to kill every last Afghan male in the nation from old man down to newborn. No exceptions. Wipe them out in toto, leave the women, leave the country and have a nice day.

Then impeach Obama, try him, convict him, hang his manky carcass from the flag pole at the White House and then turn our similar attentions to Congress and the courts, starting at the SCOTUS. With very few exceptions, I'd be a hanging judge. I'd pull the damned levers myself if nobody else had the sand.

But America stubbornly refuses to leave the mall.

You should all ask everyone you know about decision time as I have posted about here on several occasions. Time is here. As what kind of person are you to be remembered? What will you have chosen at this time of nexus? Will you at least have chosen positively, or by default? Are you willing to eat bitter and do what must be done to free oneself from the shackles of these maniacs? Or will you just ride with the tide? Seriously, you should all be asking this of everyone you know. I am. It is interesting to note the responses I get, most of them not very promising I might add.

oyarde
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Excuse me , I could be a little slow , what is it exactly there is in Afghanistan to win ?

alucard13mmfmj
03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Excuse me , I could be a little slow , what is it exactly there is in Afghanistan to win ?

There are tons and tons of rare earth metals under afghanistan =p. but of course china has us beat there.

Occam's Banana
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM

There are tons and tons of rare earth metals under afghanistan =p. but of course china has us beat there.

And of course, let us not forget the "milk of the poppy" ...

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 10:19 PM
what happened to the kid?

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
what happened to the kid?
If he wasn't killed you wouldn't want to know.

I don't want to know.

jmdrake
03-31-2013, 01:52 AM

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2012/12/Not2BSure2Bif2Bserious-1.jpg

In case you are serious:

A) The enemy of my enemy is my friend. (Or "Why did Muqtada Al Sadr agree to stop blowing up U.S. troops in Iraq? Because he can count. The Shiites had the votes to win the election.)

B) We weren't hanging out in Afghanistan in large numbers in the 80s.

jmdrake
03-31-2013, 01:55 AM

That, or he was one of the boys Dinecorp had sold to Afghan warlords to be a sex slave and he was seeking revenge.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 01:59 AM