PDA

View Full Version : The second amendment in Maryland died tonight

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80925&stc=1&d=1364607124
http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80926&stc=1&d=1364607131

It's expected to pass the house (though there is a chance it can be stopped - a very slim chance). and be rubber stamped by the senate.

A sad day...

:mad:

-t

jkr
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
its like watching assholes play RISK...

RonPaulFanInGA
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
It's nice that the anti-gun crap is mostly confined to the northeast. That part of the country is a lost cause.

Keith and stuff
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
They also passed the bill to increase gas taxes by up to 20 cents by 2016 including 4 cents this year. The governor supports both of these bills.

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
It's nice that the anti-gun crap is mostly confined to the northeast. That part of the country is a lost cause.

What was the law exactly?

And yes, the Northeast is a lost cause...

lib3rtarian
03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Much as I dislike it, I have to admire the relentless tenacity of the left-wing groups to push their agenda, and how they make all their elected officials beholden to it (and then some RINO Republicans). If only the Republicans had 1/4th the tenacity and unity the liberals had.

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Are "Republicans" any better? And what gun control law is being passed in MD. I don't see a link.

QuickZ06
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
RIP second Amendment....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua26qTEK25U

Keith and stuff
03-29-2013, 08:32 PM

No way man. New Hampshire is awesome. There is no age for carrying a gun. There is no age for a concealed carry license. It only costs $10. No finger prints or training. Machine gun laws? Only for felons. Kids can carry openly in bars in NH. Adults can while drinking. No knife laws except for felons. In 2011 and 2012, gun freedom bills passed. There is 1 that passed the House this year and has a good chance in the Senate. VT has never even had a carry license or permit. Both states and in the top 4 for gun freedom, IMO. CA passed several terrible bills last year. The CO stuff was horrible. IL will likely pass something bad too.

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
What was the law exactly?

a nightmare really.
bans "assault weapons"(sic)
bans magazines with over a 10 round capacity - so that means a lot of things like Glocks are illegal.
failure to register firearms = instant felon & mandatory 5 years in jail
traffic stop n/ cop doesn't like how you are transporting a gun = instant felon & mandatory 5 years in jail
off duty cops can't have guns on school grounds
lots and lots of stuff to make gun owners felons
restrictions on ammo - like has to be lead based, despite that fed law says have to use steel shot for bird hunting
It may have come out, but there was something about it being illegal to transport a "assault weapon"(sic) within the state, and definitely not across state lines so forget about taking it to the next state for a match.
etc, etc, etc.

The legislators demonstrated tonight that they didn't know the difference between centerfire and a rimfire ammunition.

It's just a really fucked up, brain dead law. :(

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Are "Republicans" any better? And what gun control law is being passed in MD. I don't see a link.

This is a draft - there were amendments tonight:
http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80794&d=1364512888

-t

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
How can you make a law against transporting your assault weapon across state lines? How can they prove you did it until you're already out of jurisdiction?

But yeah, this is horrible. Is it worse than the NY We Want More People to Die Act?

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Much as I dislike it, I have to admire the relentless tenacity of the left-wing groups to push their agenda, and how they make all their elected officials beholden to it (and then some RINO Republicans). If only the Republicans had 1/4th the tenacity and unity the liberals had.

http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80919&stc=1&d=1364601462

over 4,000 on left, on the right - maybe 35-40...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 08:48 PM
How can you make a law against transporting your assault weapon across state lines? How can they prove you did it until you're already out of jurisdiction?

But yeah, this is horrible. Is it worse than the NY We Want More People to Die Act?

We might have won on the transport issue. As originally written, you couldn't take it anywhere - not to the range, not to a gunsmith, not to a gun store..

It's probably still in there but there were sections in there where anyone under 21 couldn't touch a firearm, you couldn't leave a AW to anyone in your will and you couldn't "loan" anyone a gun - like "hay wanna try mine" at the range.

oh, and you had to be licensed to buy a regulated firearm. $50 fingerprints, 8 hour live fire class, background check, fees and yes - registration... the step before confiscation.

-t

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 08:50 PM
We might have won on the transport issue. As originally written, you couldn't take it anywhere - not to the range, not to a gunsmith, not to a gun store..

So its almost as good as compensation then?

Personally, I'm too chicken to ruin my life over it but at this point I would regard as a hero anyone who ended the lives of these traitors and people like them. They deserve it.

It's probably still in there but there were sections in there where anyone under 21 couldn't touch a firearm, you couldn't leave a AW to anyone in your will and you couldn't "loan" anyone a gun - like "hay wanna try mine" at the range.

If I own it, I can transfer it, period. The 2nd amendment was written so, as Judge Andrew Napolitano so eloquently points out, we can shoot tyrants. I think these evil, depraved sadists would apply.

Czolgosz
03-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Excellent news.

I prefer a hastened dissolution of the United States over watching a slow imminent death.

Anti Federalist
03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Excellent news.

I prefer a hastened dissolution of the United States over watching a slow imminent death.

Really, let's get it over with already...this Chinese water torture is...well...torture.

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
So its almost as good as compensation then?

Personally, I'm too chicken to ruin my life over it but at this point I would regard as a hero anyone who ended the lives of these traitors and people like them. They deserve it.

If I own it, I can transfer it, period. The 2nd amendment was written so, as Judge Andrew Napolitano so eloquently points out, we can shoot tyrants. I think these evil, depraved sadists would apply.

compensation?

under this bill you can't transfer a gun to anyone without going through a FFL, background check and all that BS to ask the states permission to do that.

-t

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
compensation?

under this bill you can't transfer a gun to anyone without going through a FFL, background check and all that BS to ask the states permission to do that.

-t

Sorry, I meant "Confiscation."

supermario21
03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
The governor there (O'Malley) has his sights set on 2016. Funny how the Dem field, especially without Hillary, will be a whole group of RADICAL gun grabbers (Cuomo, Biden, O'Malley)

mad cow
03-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Bye Bye Beretta.

Christian Liberty
03-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Is Hillary not a radical gun grabber? At least by normal standards? (REAGAN was a radical gun grabber by my standards.)

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 09:17 PM
At least w/ Hillary we could rub her nose in her husbands illegal. unregistered, fully automatic "war souvenir"...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Bye Bye Beretta.

They are probably coming to your state...

2 other companies are bailing too.

-t

Philhelm
03-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Excellent news. I hope they keep stirring the pot.

tangent4ronpaul
03-29-2013, 09:41 PM
http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80936&stc=1&d=1364614377

-t

VanBummel
03-29-2013, 10:03 PM
As a man with no wife or children, if I got caught with a loaded gun and they told me to submit to a mandatory 5 years in the rape cage...