PDA

View Full Version : North Korea declares "state of war" with South

COpatriot
03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/n-korea-says-war-south-000307888.html

North Korea announced Saturday that it had entered a "state of war" with South Korea and would deal with every inter-Korean issue accordingly.

"As of now, inter-Korea relations enter a state of war and all matters between the two Koreas will be handled according to wartime protocol," the North said in a joint statement attributed to all government bodies and institutions.

FSP-Rebel
03-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Trying to drum up more domestic tension as the people are preoccupied with eating from day to day. They slave all day and are forced to attend unit lectures every night spewing out state propaganda and we think we have it bad. It all boils down to the fact that the leadership freaked out after it was evident that our B-2s and B-52s had flew over the peninsula and gone and they didn't know it til we made note of it. The B-2 Stealth also dropped a live round on an isolated target in the South showcasing the nuclear umbrella. Their so-called rockets and missile shields are meaningless compared to what we bring.

jkr
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
any bets on a pe-emptive u no whut?

Zippyjuan
03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Officially, the last war never ended- it just went into a long "time out".

sailingaway
03-29-2013, 09:02 PM
and the Russians are warning 'both sides' to refrain from flexing their military muscle so things don't spiral out of control.

video at link http://www.news.com.au/world-news/asia/glimpse-of-north-koreas-plan-of-attack-on-us/story-fnh81fz8-1226609165555

oyarde
03-29-2013, 09:49 PM
and the Russians are warning 'both sides' to refrain from flexing their military muscle so things don't spiral out of control.

video at link http://www.news.com.au/world-news/asia/glimpse-of-north-koreas-plan-of-attack-on-us/story-fnh81fz8-1226609165555 LOL , the Russians can have North Korea , for a few million in precious metals Putin stole , I will type him up a deed.

oyarde
03-29-2013, 09:51 PM

It has never been over, hundreds of combat deaths there during the "time out" .

J_White
03-29-2013, 10:21 PM

nope, no pre-emptive strike on NK, they have nukes, u remember ?
pre emptive strikes are only meant for nations which cannot possibly retaliate in any meaningful way against foreign aggression.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I bet we are going to waste a shit ton of money giving them free aerial shows and a pretty spectacular boat exhibit.

Might even launch some proverbial fireworks near them or have American and South Korean troops do some jumping jacks together. Whatever it is, I don't want to pay for.

Antischism
03-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Someone needs to send Dennis Rodman back there on a peace mission.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Someone needs to send Dennis Rodman back there on a peace mission.
Idgaf if it's a peace mission or not. Send his ass back over there lol.

oyarde
03-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I bet we are going to waste a shit ton of money giving them free aerial shows and a pretty spectacular boat exhibit.

Might even launch some proverbial fireworks near them or have American and South Korean troops do some jumping jacks together. Whatever it is, I don't want to pay for.

I hope not , maybe they could just what they used to all the time , the ROK soldiers just make a raid into the North , more fiscally responsible :)

thoughtomator
03-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Trying to drum up more domestic tension as the people are preoccupied with eating from day to day. They slave all day and are forced to attend unit lectures every night spewing out state propaganda and we think we have it bad. It all boils down to the fact that the leadership freaked out after it was evident that our B-2s and B-52s had flew over the peninsula and gone and they didn't know it til we made note of it. The B-2 Stealth also dropped a live round on an isolated target in the South showcasing the nuclear umbrella. Their so-called rockets and missile shields are meaningless compared to what we bring.

The fact they can nuke Seoul and possibly parts of Japan are not meaningless.

For example, can you imagine what a disaster it would be for the world if an NK nuke landed near the Fukushima nuclear plants?

We really should not be involved in this. Let the Japanese and South Koreans deal with this problem.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 10:57 PM
The fact they can nuke Seoul and possibly parts of Japan are not meaningless.

For example, can you imagine what a disaster it would be for the world if an NK nuke landed near the Fukushima nuclear plants?

We really should not be involved in this. Let the Japanese and South Koreans deal with this problem.
It would not end well for North Korea.

I think Kim Jong Un is a happy well-fed man. They aren't going to do a damn thing... and unfortunately for them, we know that. This show of force circus of B-2 airshows and everything else is really more expensive than practical.

SpicyTurkey
03-29-2013, 11:23 PM
SK is going to keep pushing until someone pushes back. I just hope it isn't us.

dillo
03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
werent they always technically at war?

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:10 AM
werent they always technically at war?

Armistace agreement , July ,1953 .'Cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved" , if I recall .

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Restored the Border near the 38th parralel , or What we refer to as the Z ( DMZ ) , a ceasefire and prisoner exchange .

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:17 AM
There will never be a "final peaceful settlement" , because commies do not play that game .......

fr33
03-30-2013, 12:17 AM
While it doesn't seem possible, I wouldn't mind if we could pull out and watch the South kick their butt. China and Russia wouldn't let it happen though.

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Commies cannot be happy until they have stolen all there is to steal , wealth , Liberty etc .

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:19 AM
While it doesn't seem possible, I wouldn't mind if we could pull out and watch the South kick their butt. China and Russia wouldn't let it happen though.

I like the idea of that as well.

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Commies play these games, take your wealth , take your weapons , take your Liberty , take your God, take your dignity ,take land etc

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:31 AM
If any of the above post sounds familiar , it should ....

dillo
03-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Armistace agreement , July ,1953 .'Cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved" , if I recall .

yea but they never reached that agreement in question did they? So wasnt just a war on pause

oyarde
03-30-2013, 12:51 AM
yea but they never reached that agreement in question did they? So wasnt just a war on pause

Yes, that is correct.

politics
03-30-2013, 07:43 AM
"Lost in translation"
I found this article, and i think is something to check out. Maybe it all comes to a mistranslation and nk IS NOT on a state of war
http://en.ria.ru/world/20130330/180342459/North-Koreas-State-of-War-May-Be-Mistranslation---Report.html

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Someone needs to send Dennis Rodman back there on a peace mission. maybe they will take him hostage? yes? and our government would be like, 'thank you very much'. General Rodman of the DPRK.

Barrex
03-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Your government committed act of aggression ffs (by flying military airplanes over N. Korea). You guys are assholes in this situation.

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Your government committed act of aggression ffs (by flying military airplanes over N. Korea). You guys are assholes in this situation. bring the troops home and let the south Koreans do as they please. and the 'you guys' bit. i'm not the government. it is a mafia entity onto itself. if you have anger towards me because of their actions- you are the one with the problem.

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 11:10 AM

And the South was like, "PFFFT... whatever".

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 11:11 AM
And the South was like, "PFFFT... whatever". I will start to worry whem Kim closes that one productive plant they have near the border. until then- he is full of shit.

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Your government committed act of aggression ffs (by flying military airplanes over N. Korea). You guys are assholes in this situation.

Who is "you guys"? Are you generalizing the whole nation?

oyarde
03-30-2013, 02:05 PM

I am not the Govt , nor am I South Korean .I see no role for the US. The ROK Army has about 510,000 well equipped well trained and disciplined troops .The North Koreans have a million , 3/4 of which is normally at the border. When the North invaded , here are the estimates on the Civilian South Korean population. Abducted & Missing , 388 K , Killed , 374 K, Wounded 230k . During this time , about 1.4 million Chinese troops were used against these peoples. While I agree my Govt are assholes and I may be , I would not blame the South Koreans to putting and end to the threat of a repeat of the evil ,ignorant , killer , commie bastards.But, hey, that is just me , I am a Libertarian , not Jesus .

oyarde
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
I think ol' loveable Stalin kicked in around 27k troops .

Barrex
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Who is "you guys"? Are you generalizing the whole nation?

you guys=your nation....You gave them money they did it...

You had no business flying your stealth bombers over their country.

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2013, 06:29 PM

Forgive me. It was cloudy and I couldn't read the instrument gauges.

I'm surprised they let me fly in the first place, to be honest.

oyarde
03-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Forgive me. It was cloudy and I couldn't read the instrument gauges.

I'm surprised they let me fly in the first place, to be honest.

On your way back, I could use some Tsing Tao beer and some shortribs .

oyarde
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM

Could have been this Crazy guy ,Danke ....

RockEnds
03-30-2013, 06:37 PM

I guess I've only heard about the B2 that flew over South Korea.

mac_hine
03-30-2013, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Yzo274n.gif

fr33
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM

It's a mistake to blame us for our government's actions. There's really nothing I can do except go to prison and IMO that is an unreasonable request.

oyarde
03-30-2013, 09:11 PM
It's a mistake to blame us for our government's actions. There's really nothing I can do except go to prison and IMO that is an unreasonable request.

Yeah , count me out , not interested in the prison system .

WhistlinDave
03-30-2013, 09:19 PM

video at link http://www.news.com.au/world-news/asia/glimpse-of-north-koreas-plan-of-attack-on-us/story-fnh81fz8-1226609165555

I hope our politicians take a moment to consider that this is potentially the beginning of WWIII if they do not start using some diplomacy to calm it all down. Russia, China, and Iran all may jump in if the sh*t hits the fan.

kylejack
03-30-2013, 09:22 PM

The stealth bombers flew over South Korea and dropped some dummy bombs on a South Korean island. There's no question it is American sabre rattling and an attempt at provocation, but let's keep the facts straight.

WhistlinDave
03-30-2013, 09:27 PM

Come on Barrexx, it's not as if we're given a choice about paying our taxes, or like it would do any good write on the check "Please don't use any of this money to do dumb shit that will cause more hatred and blowback against Americans." You might find some Americans who are thirsty for blood but I don't think it's fair to characterize anyone posting here as being at fault for any of this.

torchbearer
03-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Come on Barrexx, it's not as if we're given a choice about paying our taxes, or like it would do any good write on the check "Please don't use any of this money to do dumb shit that will cause more hatred and blowback against Americans." You might find some Americans who are thirsty for blood but I don't think it's fair to characterize anyone posting here as being at fault for any of this. especially since we are spending so much of our time and treasure trying to displace the psychopathic authoritarians that infect our governments.

WhistlinDave
03-31-2013, 05:01 AM
Amen to that.

A Son of Liberty
03-31-2013, 05:16 AM

Someone drew a line around me ("border"), gave me a new name ("American"), started stealing from me ("taxes"), and suddenly I'm responsible for bombers half a planet away from me? Fascinating.

You and your silly little labels. More than any vote cast, recognition of these simple facts would put an end to such silliness. Unfortunately, the world is far more populated with folks like you, who buy into the paradigm.

A Son of Liberty
03-31-2013, 05:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Yzo274n.gif

LOL

Barrex
03-31-2013, 03:57 PM
The stealth bombers flew over South Korea and dropped some dummy bombs on a South Korean island. There's no question it is American sabre rattling and an attempt at provocation, but let's keep the facts straight.
Here dnevnik (NovaTV news) reported it was flying on border. Flying from US to S. Korea and dropped bombs went to N. Korean border and returned to US.

Yeah , count me out , not interested in the prison system .

I hope our politicians take a moment to consider that this is potentially the beginning of WWIII if they do not start using some diplomacy to calm it all down. Russia, China, and Iran all may jump in if the sh*t hits the fan.

Come on Barrexx, it's not as if we're given a choice about paying our taxes, or like it would do any good write on the check "Please don't use any of this money to do dumb shit that will cause more hatred and blowback against Americans." You might find some Americans who are thirsty for blood but I don't think it's fair to characterize anyone posting here as being at fault for any of this.

especially since we are spending so much of our time and treasure trying to displace the psychopathic authoritarians that infect our governments.

Someone drew a line around me ("border"), gave me a new name ("American"), started stealing from me ("taxes"), and suddenly I'm responsible for bombers half a planet away from me? Fascinating.
You and your silly little labels. More than any vote cast, recognition of these simple facts would put an end to such silliness. Unfortunately, the world is far more populated with folks like you, who buy into the paradigm.

Me and my little labels are not alone (like you noticed). Most of the world sees it like I do. You can ride your imaginary high horse but the fact is you pay it and you reap benefits of it (of your empire). My paradigm is called reality and yours is called " "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"".

WhistlingDave I am not saying you should go to prison because Obama murdered hundreds of children or is playing chicken with wacko N. Korean dictator... but you should realize that you (US citizens) also bear some responsibility for actions of your government. You guys are not 100% responsible but you are not 100% clean either.

If WWIII starts because of this people will not say "It is not americans fault. Obama did it" they will say "Those f***ing americans are at fault".

P.s.
Like I wrote in my previous posts "you guys" meant US (because I didnt want to write too long post) but when you categorically denied any responsibility I answered.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
I categorically deny any responsibility.

I don't care how much of the world wishes to stereotype me as a war-mongering republicrat.

jonhowe
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
I categorically deny any responsibility.

I don't care how much of the world wishes to stereotype me as a war-mongering republicrat.

Ditto.

It's not even that I haven't done anything wrong in this case. I have, in fact, worked hard to elect people who would avoid such situations, and to convince as many people as possible to do the same.

JK/SEA
03-31-2013, 05:33 PM
News reporting B2 fly over near Croatia. Details at 11.

A Son of Liberty
03-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Me and my little labels are not alone (like you noticed). Most of the world sees it like I do. You can ride your imaginary high horse but the fact is you pay it and you reap benefits of it (of your empire). My paradigm is called reality and yours is called " "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"".

Yes, most of the people in the world see it like you do. Most of the people in the world don't put a moment's thought into such things.

Whether or not I reap benefits from the empire which subjugates me is of no consequence...

Enough sweet talk... it's this EXACT mentality - this garbage, collectivist notion that people living within lines drawn on a map are of one mind and sometimes body - which is the source of MOST of the misery on the planet today. It is what allows the sheep mewing under the herding of this particular state to cast off the mutilated bodies of innocent men, women and children as, "collateral damage", for suckers living in utter poverty under the thumb of a tribal thug in a desert to happily blow women and children to hell half a world away, and for a person like you to blame people like us, who've worked hard to put an end to exactly this sort of thing.

Or perhaps you claim personal ownership of the Ustashi, hmm?

asurfaholic
03-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Snipped

JK/SEA
03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, most of the people in the world see it like you do. Most of the people in the world don't put a moment's thought into such things.

Whether or not I reap benefits from the empire which subjugates me is of no consequence...

Enough sweet talk... it's this EXACT mentality - this garbage, collectivist notion that people living within lines drawn on a map are of one mind and sometimes body - which is the source of MOST of the misery on the planet today. It is what allows the sheep mewing under the herding of this particular state to cast off the mutilated bodies of innocent men, women and children as, "collateral damage", for suckers living in utter poverty under the thumb of a tribal thug in a desert to happily blow women and children to hell half a world away, and for a person like you to blame people like us, who've worked hard to put an end to exactly this sort of thing.

nice post....

fr33
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Here dnevnik (NovaTV news) reported it was flying on border. Flying from US to S. Korea and dropped bombs went to N. Korean border and returned to US.

WhistlingDave I am not saying you should go to prison because Obama murdered hundreds of children or is playing chicken with wacko N. Korean dictator... but you should realize that you (US citizens) also bear some responsibility for actions of your government. You guys are not 100% responsible but you are not 100% clean either.

If WWIII starts because of this people will not say "It is not americans fault. Obama did it" they will say "Those f***ing americans are at fault".

P.s.
Like I wrote in my previous posts "you guys" meant US (because I didnt want to write too long post) but when you categorically denied any responsibility I answered.Yeah I knew what you meant. To be honest if the US goes to war with Iran, it's going to be very tempting to change my lifestyle and become a tax protestor. I don't want "us" to fight a war with N Korea but since their government is so oppressive I would not be as outraged.

Barrex
04-01-2013, 05:10 AM

Whether or not I reap benefits from the empire which subjugates me is of no consequence...??? Lol Millions killed in middle east so that US citizens can drive their cars and it is of no consequence to you... Remindes me of that movie "hunger games" and one district in richness and extravagance and other are their slaves. Yea most of them are not in decision making but they are more than happy to feast and...ah...

I will start new thread about this...dont want to derail this one.

tod evans
04-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Lol Millions killed in middle east so that US citizens can drive their cars and it is of no consequence to you...

But, but...........We're the most productive nation on earth....

Wait............We're the moral compass of the globe.....

Wait..........

Oh hell, we deserve it!:rolleyes:

A Son of Liberty
04-01-2013, 05:40 AM
"Most of them".

Many people living under the US government use that term when referring to the many Pakistanis blown away by this president. "Most of them are just crazy jihadis anyway, so what?"

I suspect the phrase went through the minds of those who flew planes into buildings in New York a few years ago... "Most of them are godless heathens, so what about them?"

A Son of Liberty
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Are you going to start a new thread - one in which you'll presumably show how "we" are responsible for the actions of the US government - or not?

At the same time, I'll expect you to be taking personal ownership of the Ustashi.

Looking forward to it.

oyarde
04-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Yeah I knew what you meant. To be honest if the US goes to war with Iran, it's going to be very tempting to change my lifestyle and become a tax protestor. I don't want "us" to fight a war with N Korea but since their government is so oppressive I would not be as outraged.

I do not think the US has any role in Korea, if the South needs something , we can sell it to them .They can handle it .I have zero pity for North Korea , or anything they bring upon themselves .I feel the same about all communists , including those in the US Senate, etc and all of America .

MRK
04-02-2013, 01:03 AM
NKorea announced it's agitated enough that it's going to restart its Nuclear Reactor(s):

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/02/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html

andrew1229649
04-02-2013, 05:22 AM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/31/17543980-us-navy-shifts-destroyer-in-wake-of-north-korea-missile-threats?lite - US Navy shifts destroyer in wake of North Korea missile threats

The U.S. Navy is shifting a guided-missile destroyer in the Pacific to waters off the Korean peninsula in the wake of ongoing rhetoric from North Korea, U.S. defense officials said.

The USS McCain is capable of intercepting and destroying a missile, should North Korea decide to fire one off, the officials said.

Seriously? They had to use that one? *facepalm*

roho76
04-02-2013, 05:53 AM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/31/17543980-us-navy-shifts-destroyer-in-wake-of-north-korea-missile-threats?lite - US Navy shifts destroyer in wake of North Korea missile threats

Seriously? They had to use that one? *facepalm*

It would be nice to see that ship get sunk (obviously while everyone escapes unharmed) at the same time he lost his reelection. *I can dream can't I?*

osan
04-02-2013, 06:12 AM

Funny how most people are unaware of that. Of course, many are unaware of who the VP is, so why would anyone expect them to know some relatively arcane point as this?

How will the Bammy respond to any aggression by NK? I wonder if he will simply withdraw and let them eat SK? I can barely imagine it, yet I cannot rule it out completely, given the presence of the Emperor of Bizarro in the Oval Office. I would laugh were the Bammy to cite "national sovereignty" in such a case. Actually, it might be a great test case for the people of the USA to gage the limits of their stoopidity, tolerance, and compliance. It isn't that we should be defending SK, but the coinsistently bad reasoning in foreign policy has thus far been to throw good money after bad. Why stop now?

I also suspect that China would get quite a boner to see its tiny but powerful competitor gotten out of the way in such rapid and convenient fashion, especially in the heavier industries such as ship building. Jeez.... could you imagine that - if behind closed doors the Bammy made such a deal with the Red Chinese who defer calling their loans in return for a flaccid America? The trillion dollars China loaned us would have been very well spent if SK fell. No more US bases in such proximity and merrily onward to Taiwan! US influence is significantly disparaged and morale back home takes yet another hit. And the issue of that pesky Chinese debt would continue to loom in the public mind.

Those last bits are not likely, but not exactly implausible either.

UpperDecker
04-02-2013, 11:21 AM
So, I was just arguing with somebody about this whole situation and they said the reason that we have had problems with NK is because they are......jealous. Apparently they are just jealous that we have nukes and we won't let them have any. I.......well.....just.....*sigh* :/

A Son of Liberty
04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
So, I was just arguing with somebody about this whole situation and they said the reason that we have had problems with NK is because they are......jealous. Apparently they are just jealous that we have nukes and we won't let them have any. I.......well.....just.....*sigh* :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v39-_5GOgAc

The sad truth is, you're surrounded by a seemingly unending herd of cattle.