PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shop 'Break-in' - Local Community Cries "DHS SWAT Training Exercise!"

dannno
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
www.independent.com/news/2013/mar/28/swat-team-searching-state-street-gun-shop/

SWAT Team Searching State Street Gun Shop

UPDATE: Police Find Hole in Roof but No Suspects; No Guns Appear Missing

When the Santa Barbara SWAT team entered Far West Gun & Supply this morning they found no suspects but discovered a large hole had been cut in the business's roof. It's not clear if the burglars actually dropped into the gun shop or were scared off by its robust security system, explained Sgt. Riley Harwood.

(cont..)

Some comments:

This was faked to justify running around SB in full military gear with machine guns. It's a training exercise and not a real call.

native2sb

I agree, and it's the third non-incident like this that will be used to justify an increased budget.

14noscams

Absolutely fake.

They spent all day training with their new military equipment and then needed to make up drill to run around town with it.
The choice of targets reflects the current political debate on gun control.

The SBPD is way over funded, thanks to Homeland Security. Now they are looking to justify militarism. Beware SB.

native2sb

The SBPD spent all day training with the "SWAT" gear (assault rifles and flak jackets) and their urban assault vehicle in a remote location in Goleta on Wednesday. I can tell you that.

They sure were well prepared. What serendipity that there was an alarm at the gun shop that night.

Wake up sleepy heads.

native2sb

It might help to have a lesson in reading between the lines:

"there was a possibility, but he could not be certain, that someone was inside."

it's a drill.

"is adjacent to several businesses"

like a head shop.

native2sb

I think native2sb nailed it.

Ken_Volok

did I miss something? the first responders got there at 4:05 a.m. but the SWAT team only got here "around 6 a.m." -- if this was an emergency what happened for 1 hour and 55 minutes after the first cops got there?? This tends to support native2sb's suspicions...

DrDan

I might believe the whole thing was Bull but where is the fall guy? Why would the police department pull a stupid azz stunt like this without a fall guy? There are plenty of losers around they could pick from that they could use and trade charges with. Look at all these idoits with tattos on their faces?

Byrd

hgwmv, thanks for this info...and still, why wait TWO hours? To have daylight for good Indie photos and convince the public how vital SWAT and SBPD are, as they approach wage negotiations??

DrDan

youngbuck
03-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Can you blame them? The homeland is a battlefield, after all...

/sarc