PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: Saudi Preacher repeatedly raped, tortured & murdered his 5 yr. old daughter

Constitutional Paulicy
03-29-2013, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhm9mquCslg

Celebrity Saudi preacher who 'raped' and tortured his five-year-old daughter to death escapes with light sentence.

Lama al-Ghamdi's back was broken. She had a crushed skull, broken ribs and broken left arm, as well as extensive bruising and burns. She died in October from her injuries after ten months in the hospital. Her father Fayhan al-Ghamdi, a prominent Islamist preacher who regularly appears on television in Saudi Arabia, admitted beating her but was freed after agreeing to pay £31,000 in blood money as compensation. He served only a few months in jail despite admitting having used a cane and cables to inflict the injuries.

Activists from the group Women to Drive said the preacher had doubted Lama's virginity and had her checked up by a medic.

Rather than the death penalty or a long prison sentence, the judge in the case ruled the prosecution could only seek 'blood money', according to activists. The money is compensation for the next of kin under Islamic law.

Todd
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
sigh....

Sickening...

Anyone who abuses the weak (old, children, infirm) has something wrong with their soul.

Brian4Liberty
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
This is outrageous. Probably too outrageous. Another false or exaggerated story?

Sola_Fide
03-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)

Constitutional Paulicy
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
This is outrageous. Probably too outrageous. Another false or exaggerated story?

Ya, it's so horrific, that I was hesitant to post it. Once I read about it, I began looking for other sources to confirm it and sadly enough, it was clearly legit.

Smart3
03-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Infidels don't respect the right to murder.

brushfire
03-29-2013, 12:15 PM
..and I think to myself....what a wonderful world.

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/Science_Fiction/War_of_the_Worlds/wotw48.jpg

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)
Hmm. While I am not too familiar with the teachings of the Qu'ran it appears you are. Perhaps you could post a section backing up your claim?

Or is your "welcome to Islam" quip as blasphemous as if I were to state "welcome to Christianity" in witch burning threads?

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-29-2013, 04:37 PM
wtf how could you doubt the virginity of a 5 year old

juleswin
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)

Mostly likely it is the act of one crazy man who happened to be muslim. The crazies exist in both religious and non religious societies. There is no way raping ones child can be accepted or even condoned by any religion, so please lets not act like this is a Muslim thing.

lib3rtarian
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
People who usually get on a pedestal and preach morality are usually the worst kind of offenders. This goes for all the so-called preachers and priests.

Kodaddy
03-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Blood money is compensation for the next of kin? Isn't he the next of kin? Might as well have made it a million £'s ... Or just one....

Occam's Banana
03-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)

Because well-connected pedophiliac murderers could never, EVER get away with such things in a Christian country ... :rolleyes:

squarepusher
03-29-2013, 05:07 PM
I wonder if in this situation one of the wives or ex-wives/mother/relatives will seek vengeance on their own (think, Dexter style). It seems like his punishment does not fit the crime, and he still has something coming his way.

kcchiefs6465
03-29-2013, 05:08 PM
I wonder if in this situation one of the wives or ex-wives/mother/relatives will seek vengeance on their own (think, Dexter style). It seems like his punishment does not fit the crime, and he still has something coming his way.
One can only hope.

Sola_Fide
03-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Because well-connected pedophiliac murderers could never, EVER get away with such things in a Christian country ... :rolleyes:

I don't regard Roman Catholicism, paedophilia, or America as Christian things, so I can't agree with your equating of the two.

But I was speaking more to the way Islamic jurisprudence treats women of all ages. And since in Islam, there is no separation of mosque and state, it is something that every person who loves freedom should be wary of.

J_White
03-29-2013, 10:05 PM
those savages need some Democracy... oh wait, they are our savages !
in that case, leave them alone, questioning them is un-American...maybe racist and even anti-semitic !

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't regard Roman Catholicism, paedophilia, or America as Christian things, so I can't agree with your equating of the two.

Christian preachers who used to round up jewish people and burn them alive for not being "real Christians" when Protestantism had not been discovered were not real Christians? Jewish and non-Christian victims of Spanish Inquisitions very likely saw them as "Christians". Your mindset seems too simplistic or collectivist.

Al Qaeda doesn't regard Saudi government as Islamic either.

Sola_Fide
03-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Christian preachers who used to round up jewish people and burn them alive for not being "real Christians" when Protestantism had not been discovered were not real Christians? Jewish and non-Christian victims of Spanish Inquisitions very likely saw them as "Christians". Your mindset seems too simplistic or collectivist..

Your mindset seems to be one in which you don't understand what Christianity is. It was true Christians who were the victims of the Roman Catholic church-state massacres. The Roman Catholic church-state does not represent what Christianity is as Jesus and the apostles preached it...and I won't give one inch of ground on that issue. That is the source of your misunderstanding.

enhanced_deficit
03-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Your mindset seems to be one in which you don't understand what Christianity is. It was true Christians who were the victims of the Roman Catholic church-state massacres. The Roman Catholic church-state does not represent what Christianity is as Jesus and the apostles preached it...and I won't give one inch of ground on that issue. That is the source of your misunderstanding.

There are cetianly ideological and historic differences among various religiopns and there is some good logic behind this post but it appears you are not applying it uniformly. If we are to judge one belief system by judging the worst conduct of one of its practioners, why don't apply same standard to practioneres of other religions also?

To understand your undestanding of Christinity a bit better, let me ask you a question. Some people claim that Bible condoned slavery. In your opinion, what percentage of Christians going to Churches every Sunday in America were "Christians" according to your definition of Christinity during the past few centuries when slavery was accepted as a norm in America?

Sola_Fide
03-30-2013, 06:38 PM
There are cetianly ideological and historic differences among various religiopns and there is some good logic behind this post but it appears you are not applying it uniformly. If we are to judge one belief system by judging the worst conduct of one of its practioners, why don't apply same standard to practioneres of other religions also?

I don't regard the Roman Catholic church-state as a Christian belief system, so I can't even go down the road of thinking that you want to go down.

To understand your undestanding of Christinity a bit better, let me ask you a question. Some people claim that Bible condoned slavery. In your opinion, what percentage of Christians going to Churches every Sunday in America were "Christians" according to your definition of Christinity during the past few centuries when slavery was accepted as a norm in America?

The first thing to understand about what Paul says about slavery in the Bible is that the servitude in first century Rome was not the same as African American chattel slavery. The servitude in Rome was mostly a financial situation that people voluntarily entered into. It was because of these voluntary arrangements that Paul did not preach that there should be an automatic slave uprising or something like that. There were ways to pay your debts and regain your freedom too, and Paul advised that if you could obtain your freedom, then it was better to do that. The book of Philemon, for example, is a letter that Paul wrote to a slave master, urging him to release whatever debts his servant owed, and set him free.

The chattel slavery of African Americans was a completely different animal. And the defenses of this by so-called "Christians" in the south is nothing short of disgusting in my view. I think it was complelety incompatible with Christianity, and thankfully, many Christians were abolitionists. William Wilberforce, the person responsible for the manumission of slaves in England, was a Christian. To me, there were many factors involved with the African slave trade...it is definitely a good discussion to get in to. In my mind, chattel slavery of another human being is completely against Christianity, and I would argue against anyone who would defend it in the name of Christianity.

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Mostly likely it is the act of one crazy man who happened to be muslim. The crazies exist in both religious and non religious societies. There is no way raping ones child can be accepted or even condoned by any religion, so please lets not act like this is a Muslim thing.

It's just not news when it's an atheist that does it. That's why, when I hear stories like this, I always wonder, "Why is this news?"

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 08:14 PM
People who usually get on a pedestal and preach morality are usually the worst kind of offenders. This goes for all the so-called preachers and priests.

As if you knew...

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 08:15 PM

So someone makes a stab at Islam and your reaction is to single out Christianity...?

Origanalist
03-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Hmm. While I am not too familiar with the teachings of the Qu'ran it appears you are. Perhaps you could post a section backing up your claim?

Or is your "welcome to Islam" quip as blasphemous as if I were to state "welcome to Christianity" in witch burning threads?

Witch burning threads?

oyarde
03-30-2013, 08:27 PM

Yeah, and , no , there are crazies out the ass in a place like the Kingdom of Saud.This is not, per se, Islam , just part of the sect there .This is not the Koran , it is people , who , for the most part , are highly uneducated, to the point where they cannot do labor of simple tasks without education and cannot read much of anything.It was all told to them by another.

Origanalist
03-30-2013, 08:27 PM

What about the real preachers and priests?

PaulConventionWV
03-30-2013, 08:45 PM
You guys do realize atheists do this kind of stuff as well? Why do we always sensationalize it when someone who is supposed to be serving some other religion does it?

Occam's Banana
03-30-2013, 10:21 PM
So someone makes a stab at Islam and your reaction is to single out Christianity...?

WTF are you talking about? I wasn't "singling out" anything. In fact, I was doing just the opposite ...

Just in case it needs to be spelled out for you: the wealthy & well-connected have a tendency to get away with their depredations - precisely because of their wealth & well-connectedness.

Neither Islam nor Christianity have a goddam thing to do with this fact. THAT was my point.

american.swan
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Movies... Cant approach real life horrors. Can you imagine this in a movie? Neither can i.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-31-2013, 12:28 AM
One might assume that this is being sensationalized by the western MSM as propaganda to justify it's war efforts in the middle east, but it's not. With all the examples we've seen of this in the past I can understand why some people might think so. I suspect that has to do with the fact that it took place in Saudi Arabia, who as we know is a western ally. Especially considering that the Saudi government intervened and prevented anything other than blood money as punishment for the crime.

I initially heard of this through an English division of an Iranian news outlet known as Press TV. Press TV is a state owned media outlet in Iran and one could easily imagine the propaganda that likely exists with such a source. Of course the same thing could be said about Russia Today which is also state owned.

Here is the broadcast......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpvwvwQu0Y0

S.Shorland
03-31-2013, 04:49 AM
Anyone who doesn't believe the Gospel is condemned.I can't imagine anyone with a more reprobate spirit than a muslim cleric so his punishment seems very likely indeed.

compromise
03-31-2013, 04:56 AM

Yeah, we had some witch burning in Texas just last week...oh wait. Stuff like this happens all the time in the Islamic world and often it's not even reported.

anaconda
03-31-2013, 05:54 AM

Always a prudent thing to consider. Remember, we went to war in Iraq because Saddam was slamming babies on cold concrete floors, fresh out of incubators (had nothing to do with Saddam selling oil for Euros and gold..).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8CCJTJCQk

anaconda
03-31-2013, 05:59 AM
I can't imagine anyone with a more reprobate spirit than a muslim cleric so his punishment seems very likely indeed.

Unless its western bankers and their bought-and-paid-for politicians that make up ridiculous propaganda to be disseminated to gullible westerners to promote cross cultural friction and never ending wars. For profit and control.

compromise
03-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Always a prudent thing to consider. Remember, we went to war in Iraq because Saddam was slamming babies on cold concrete floors, fresh out of incubators (had nothing to do with Saddam selling oil for Euros and gold..).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8CCJTJCQk

So you're suggesting this is a part of a conspiracy to invade Saudi Arabia even though Saudi Arabia is a close ally of the United States? :rolleyes:

No, it's the truth about primitive Islam.

You don't have to be a neocon or even an interventionist to criticize Islam. Pat Buchanan and Chuck Baldwin certainly aren't neocons.

PaulConventionWV
03-31-2013, 06:37 AM
WTF are you talking about? I wasn't "singling out" anything. In fact, I was doing just the opposite ...

Just in case it needs to be spelled out for you: the wealthy & well-connected have a tendency to get away with their depredations - precisely because of their wealth & well-connectedness.

Neither Islam nor Christianity have a goddam thing to do with this fact. THAT was my point.

Ahem.

Because well-connected pedophiliac murderers could never, EVER get away with such things in a Christian country ...

Christian Liberty
03-31-2013, 07:04 AM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)

Welcome to RADICAL Islam...

Occam's Banana
03-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Ahem.

You have some very serious reading comprehension problems.

If someone says, "women drivers are crazy" and I say, "Becasue men never, EVER drive erratically" are you going to accuse me of "singling out" men?

Are you really that stupid? Or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah, we had some witch burning in Texas just last week...oh wait. Stuff like this happens all the time in the Islamic world and often it's not even reported.
Daughters being raped and beaten to death happens all the time huh? I'd imagine that the sickness and depravity of such a crime transcends religious beliefs and cultural norms. Let's be real, I can find an unlimited number of stories of Christians committing savage and unimagineable crimes as much as I can find an unlimited number of stories of Muslims committing unimagineable crimes. As if the little girl who was raped by a Christian really would have given a fuck if he was a Muslim. Not that I would ever go out of my way to insult a religion for one man's acts.

Divisive meaningless bullshit is divisive and meaningless. As I mentioned earlier, is there a specific Qu'ranic verse you can source? One pertaining to the torture and rape of daughters? I am far from a theologian and could be mistaken, but I really have to doubt Islamic teachings preach any of this.

And for the record, bible thumpers annoy me. Continue looking down on Moooslums when it is your 'bretheren' who are stealing my money to eradicate them. And if I hear one more Goddamned time about why Israel is God's chosen people I may lose it. They aren't. My money is mine. And Thou Shalt Not Steal.

And they wonder why I won't go to their churches. :rolleyes:

alucard13mmfmj
03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
i dont think its propaganda because it is saudi. =p

PaulConventionWV
03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
You have some very serious reading comprehension problems.

If someone says, "women drivers are crazy" and I say, "Becasue men never, EVER drive erratically" are you going to accuse me of "singling out" men?

Are you really that stupid? Or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

I don't know, maybe I am being obtuse, but you have some logical errors in your post, too. There are a lot more religions than there are sexes. There are only two sexes, so saying the behavior of one should match the other isn't the same as picking a single religion and saying they are just as bad as this other religion, too.

The main issue I have is that people always pit Christianity against Islam even when Islam is brought up but Christianity isn't. If someone says something about Islam or someone who is a Muslim, then somebody else has to come and bad-mouth Christianity for no apparent reason other than it's the popular one to attack these days. If you need another example, look at kcchief's post #40. We're always throwing Christianity into the ring when Islam gets mentioned, even though atheists and people from all religions do this kind of thing, too. It's just never news when an atheist does it.

Whatever, though. Carry on.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Welcome to Islam.

(yeah, I said it)

Not any more so than molesting children is a Catholic thing. It's not.

To be fair I think on this forum it's likelier to encounter an anti-Christian statement than an Islamophobic one.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2013, 01:42 PM

Oh yes now I remember our disagreement on the Catholic thread where you called the Pope Satan.

You seem to be getting a lot more blowback for your anti-Islam statement than your anti-Catholic one.

Sola_Fide
03-31-2013, 01:45 PM

It is a Roman Catholic thing in one sense because the Bible says that pastors are to be husbands of one wife. Rome rejects the Biblical requirement, and forces it's ministers to be celibate. A celibate "holy" lifestyle is a perfect cover for homosexuals, pedophiles, and sexual perverts of all kinds. So, it is a Catholic thing in that sense.

Sola_Fide
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh yes now I remember our disagreement on the Catholic thread where you called the Pope Satan.

You seem to be getting a lot more blowback for your anti-Islam statement than your anti-Catholic one.

Well, every Christian is "anti-Catholic and "anti-Islam". The accusation doesn't even make sense. If you are a Biblical Christian, you don't follow any man-made religion...be it Roman Catholicism, Islam, or secularism.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2013, 01:47 PM
The main issue I have is that people always pit Christianity against Islam even when Islam is brought up but Christianity isn't. If someone says something about Islam or someone who is a Muslim, then somebody else has to come and bad-mouth Christianity for no apparent reason other than it's the popular one to attack these days. If you need another example, look at kcchief's post #40. We're always throwing Christianity into the ring when Islam gets mentioned, even though atheists and people from all religions do this kind of thing, too. It's just never news when an atheist does it.

This +1.

BlackTerrel
03-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, every Christian is "anti-Catholic and "anti-Islam". The accusation doesn't even make sense. If you are a Biblical Christian, you don't follow any man-made religion...be it Roman Catholicism, Islam, or secularism.

As opposed to non-biblical Christians?

I'm neither anti-Catholic or anti-Islam. Call it what you want.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 01:59 PM

To be fair I think on this forum it's likelier to encounter an anti-Christian statement than an Islamophobic one.
That could be because of false Christian's lust for war and mass misinterpretation of the bible. I don't know any Muslims. I know quite a few Christians who if they had their way would ship me halfway across the world to kill people, though. And our expensive, detrimental, foreign policy laregly dictated by and for Israel annoys me.

Yeshua Ben Yoseph would not agree with them.

As if I frequent every religious thread to correct those 'faithful' enough to blindly disregard reason and dislike men simply because of petty religious differences...

Yes, molesting children is not taught by the Catholic Church.. are you happy now?

Sola_Fide
03-31-2013, 01:59 PM

No, as opposed to non-Christians.

I'm neither anti-Catholic or anti-Islam. Call it what you want.

It's called being an unbeliever. Every Christian is against Roman Catholicism and Islam. Every Christian sees his final authority as God speaking in the Scriptures, not anything else.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM

Sigh. I don't think I could properly convey how much I really could not gaf about who practices what religion. Don't take my money under the guise of your religion. Don't advocate killing those who do not believe your religion verbatim. It's really that simple. That goes for Islam or Christianity or atheist or Satanists. I really don't care.

But it seems to me that we can not get away from Israel being labeled as God's chosen people and this path for nuclear annihilation. Whatever. I suppose Prophecy will be fulfilled. A good lot of you (not you, in particular, as I don't know you. Rather, people.) had better hope there is not a God.

PaulConventionWV
03-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Yes, as hard a concept as that may be for you to wrap your head around, they do exist. The problem is that they really aren't Christians, and yet society views them as such because they purport to believe in the Bible. Such confusion is unavoidable. Thankfully, it does not alter the meaning of the Word.

PaulConventionWV
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Sigh. I don't think I could properly convey how much I really could not gaf about who practices what religion. Don't take my money under the guise of your religion. Don't advocate killing those who do not believe your religion verbatim. It's really that simple. That goes for Islam or Christianity or atheist or Satanists. I really don't care.

But it seems to me that we can not get away from Israel being labeled as God's chosen people and this path for nuclear annihilation. Whatever. I suppose Prophecy will be fulfilled. A good lot of you (not you, in particular, as I don't know you. Rather, people.) had better hope there is not a God.

I thought you might get pissy.

You are right, though. My post wasn't to point you out specifically, although your post did give a good example of the Christian vs. Islam thing that keeps popping up whenever someone bashes Islam, not that it's your fault. You just sort of inadvertently took part in it.

compromise
03-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Daughters being raped and beaten to death happens all the time huh? I'd imagine that the sickness and depravity of such a crime transcends religious beliefs and cultural norms. Let's be real, I can find an unlimited number of stories of Christians committing savage and unimagineable crimes as much as I can find an unlimited number of stories of Muslims committing unimagineable crimes. As if the little girl who was raped by a Christian really would have given a fuck if he was a Muslim. Not that I would ever go out of my way to insult a religion for one man's acts.

Divisive meaningless bullshit is divisive and meaningless. As I mentioned earlier, is there a specific Qu'ranic verse you can source? One pertaining to the torture and rape of daughters? I am far from a theologian and could be mistaken, but I really have to doubt Islamic teachings preach any of this.

And for the record, bible thumpers annoy me. Continue looking down on Moooslums when it is your 'bretheren' who are stealing my money to eradicate them. And if I hear one more Goddamned time about why Israel is God's chosen people I may lose it. They aren't. My money is mine. And Thou Shalt Not Steal.

And they wonder why I won't go to their churches. :rolleyes:

The Qu'ran clearly says that Muhammad fucked a 9 year old. Muslims are told to follow the lead of Muhammad, so many do.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
I thought you might get pissy.

You are right, though. My post wasn't to point you out specifically, although your post did give a good example of the Christian vs. Islam thing that keeps popping up whenever someone bashes Islam, not that it's your fault. You just sort of inadvertently took part in it.
Wasn't meant to be pissy. Simply stating that practice what you wish, you try to take my money for conquest or for spreading your beliefs we are going to have a problem. I have never been bothered by a Muslim personally. Supposed Christians (I say supposed because of their warped view of the teachings of Yeshua Ben Yoseph) do repeatedly try to involve me in petty religious conflicts and take my money.

As I said, a good lot of these Christians better hope there is not a God. God would surely not approve of a lot of what is being done under His name.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
The Qu'ran clearly says that Muhammad fucked a 9 year old. Muslims are told to follow the lead of Muhammad, so many do.
Link?

ETA:

The name Muhammad means "Praiseworthy" and occurs four times in the Quran.[25] The Quran addresses Muhammad in the second person not by his name but by the appellations prophet, messenger, servant of God ('abd), announcer (bashir)[Quran 2:119], witness (shahid),[Quran 33:45] bearer of good tidings (mubashshir), warner (nathir),[Quran 11:2] reminder (mudhakkir),[Quran 88:21] one who calls [unto God] (dā‘ī),[Quran 12:108] light personified (noor)[Quran 05:15], and the light-giving lamp (siraj munir)[Quran 73:1]. Muhammad is sometimes addressed by designations deriving from his state at the time of the address: thus he is referred to as the enwrapped (al-muzzammil) in Quran 73:1 and the shrouded (al-muddaththir) in Quran 74:1.[26] In the Quran, believers are not to distinguish between the messengers of God and are to believe in all of them (Sura Al-Baqara 2:285). God has caused some messengers to excel above others 2:253 and in Sura Al-Ahzab 33:40 He singles out Muhammad as the "Seal of the Prophets".[27] The Quran also refers to Muhammad as Aḥmad "more praiseworthy" (Arabic: أحمد‎, Sura As-Saff 61:6).

You mean to tell me that one of the four times Muhammad is mentioned in the Qu'ran it is to say he fucked a nine year old girl?

Sola_Fide
03-31-2013, 03:16 PM
Link?

Prepare to be sickened...
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm

Rothbardian Girl
03-31-2013, 03:27 PM

Because Western media has a vested interest in reporting atrocities committed by self-identifying Christians... right. :rolleyes:

abacabb
03-31-2013, 03:32 PM
His society endorses it.

Ancient Greek society endorsed some perversion.

The ancient canaanites did.

People don't want to think it, but with cps stealing kids and putting them in foster homes, essentially the same is happening. In a few generations, it might be normal in the West.

kcchiefs6465
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Prepare to be sickened...
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm
Thanks for the link. I was unaware of all that.

Pretty damn fucked up.

I do not wish to debate merits of different religions. Frankly, I am not informed enough on the subject. My view is this: Worship what you wish, leave me be. I am still unconvinced that Muslims as a whole, advocate or tolerate the marriage of prepubescent children. Extreme adherent Islamists maybe. If they take the Quran word for word.

There are some pretty peculiar passages in the bible as well. And there are some people who justify their crimes by them. Definitely not the teachings of Jesus Christ from what I can tell.

Occam's Banana
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't know, maybe I am being obtuse, but you have some logical errors in your post, too.

No, I don't. You are insisting on trying to find something in what I said that is simply not there.

There are a lot more religions than there are sexes. There are only two sexes

So what? That's got nothing to do with anything. It was just an irrelevant peculiarity of the particular analogy I used.

I could have said "left-handed people who wear glasses" in place of women (or Islam) and "short people who can't dance" in place of men (or Christianity).

The point would have remained the same.

so saying the behavior of one should match the other isn't the same as picking a single religion and saying they are just as bad as this other religion, too.

The main issue I have is that people always pit Christianity against Islam even when Islam is brought up but Christianity isn't.

I was not "pitting" anything "against" anything else.

Vicious assholes who are wealthy & well-connected can get away with some heinous shit.

I was pointing out that attributing the phenomenon of "wealthy & well-connected people getting away with heinous crimes" as somehow being peculiar to Islam is as absurd as pretending that the same thing doesn't happen under Christianity.

This is NOT a "slam" against Christianity (however much you might want to make it into one) - any more than observing that men are as capable of driving erratically as women is a "slam" against men.

It's got nothing to do with Islam ... or Christianity ... or being a female driver ... or being left-handed and wearing glasses ... or whatever.

If someone says something about Islam or someone who is a Muslim, then somebody else has to come and bad-mouth Christianity for no apparent reason other than it's the popular one to attack these days. If you need another example, look at kcchief's post #40. We're always throwing Christianity into the ring when Islam gets mentioned, even though atheists and people from all religions do this kind of thing, too. It's just never news when an atheist does it.

See above. I was *NOT* badmouthing ANYONE. And my remarks and KCC's have got nothing to do with one another. Please do not conflate them.

MelissaWV
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
People bring up religion when Islam is brought up. Christianity being the dominant religion in this area, and ergo the one that breeds the most crazies by default, it gets brought up. I know that seems painful, because it removes the entire woe-is-me martyrdom aspect of it.

"Thighing" is not "fucking," btw. Some of you are dreadfully in love with your own ignorance.

BlackTerrel
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
That could be because of false Christian's lust for war and mass misinterpretation of the bible.

You're not Christian right? On what basis are you determining who is a real Christian and who is a false Christian?

I don't know any Muslims. I know quite a few Christians who if they had their way would ship me halfway across the world to kill people, though. And our expensive, detrimental, foreign policy laregly dictated by and for Israel annoys me.

Really? You know multiple Christians who have told you they want to ship you to other continents to kill people? This is what they have told you?

kcchiefs6465
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
You're not Christian right? On what basis are you determining who is a real Christian and who is a false Christian?

I am a spiritual man. I do not subscribe to any religions. Their hypocrisy and intolerance have really turned me off to most religion. Not to mention a lot of the bloodshed and suffering can be traced to their doorsteps. (religion in general) I judge people individually, not on what faith they do or do not adhere to. A false Christian to me is the man who wakes me up at 5 AM preaching about Jesus water or some other nonsense wanting me to donate. Some aren't that easy to tell.

A good lot of the world had better hope there is not a God. Christians, Muslims, etc. the same.

Really? You know multiple Christians who have told you they want to ship you to other continents to kill people? This is what they have told you?
In so many words. Mainly just that we need to rid the world Muslims and all the rhetoric that goes along with that. Justify bombing villages and burnt up babies simply because they are Muslims. I don't think Jesus Christ would approve.

BlackTerrel
04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
I am a spiritual man. I do not subscribe to any religions. Their hypocrisy and intolerance have really turned me off to most religion.

Ok Chiefs fan but don't tell me you don't like Christian Okoye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ddO5ENtus

In so many words. Mainly just that we need to rid the world Muslims and all the rhetoric that goes along with that. Justify bombing villages and burnt up babies simply because they are Muslims. I don't think Jesus Christ would approve.

You've had Christians that you personally know tell you that we need to rid the world of Muslims and that burning babies "just because they are Muslim" is a policy they support?

I'm sorry I just don't believe this.

"They hate us for our freedoms" is a joke meme here because it sounds so absurd. No one would just hate us for our freedoms there must be other more logical reasons.

Yet you know multiple Christians who want to burn babies just because they are Muslim? Come on man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCks3bvTdA

Origanalist
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
People bring up religion when Islam is brought up. Christianity being the dominant religion in this area, and ergo the one that breeds the most crazies by default, it gets brought up. I know that seems painful, because it removes the entire woe-is-me martyrdom aspect of it.

"Thighing" is not "fucking," btw. Some of you are dreadfully in love with your own ignorance.

So I've been doing it wrong all these years????

compromise
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
"They hate us for our freedoms" is a joke meme here because it sounds so absurd. No one would just hate us for our freedoms there must be other more logical reasons.

To some extent, they do hate the west in general (but not specifically America) for "our freedoms". I'm sure there's many Muslims that personally are disgusted by neutral Sweden, Switzerland, Finland and Austria for their cultural liberalism. However, what drives them to hate America to the extent they'd attack it as a nation, is blowback.

kcchiefs6465
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Ok Chiefs fan but don't tell me you don't like Christian Okoye

You've had Christians that you personally know tell you that we need to rid the world of Muslims and that burning babies "just because they are Muslim" is a policy they support?

I'm sorry I just don't believe this.

Yet you know multiple Christians who want to burn babies just because they are Muslim? Come on man.

Goddamn.

Justify bombing villages and burnt up babies simply because they are Muslims.

Believe what you wish. I really don't care.