PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin profit taking: Dropped from $95 to $77

muh_roads
03-28-2013, 04:17 PM
It looks like there is a wall of support right now. If you wanted to buy more I think now is the time.

https://mtgox.com/

muh_roads
03-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Jesus, already back to $86...lol

dannno
03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Nice..

DGambler
03-28-2013, 05:20 PM
if one wanted to buy more than the $2k limit imposed by bitinstant, what would be the best way?

ronpaulfollower999
03-28-2013, 05:33 PM
About 2 this afternoon, I was contemplating selling at ~$90, and putting in a buy at $79. Didn't pull the trigger.

I suppose you could cause these mini-crashes corrections?

dannno
03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
if one wanted to buy more than the $2k limit imposed by bitinstant, what would be the best way?

Coinbase lets you do a wire from your bank pretty cheap, it takes 2-3 days though. I have one in right now where I believe it locked me in at around $78, and even though the wire is still pending from a couple days ago it appears that I am still going to have those bitcoins in full at the price of $78 when it does go through. I'm just confused as to what would happen if the wire was declined if coinbase then just ends up with those extra bitcoins on hand or what.

Appalachia
03-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I wonder how such a value fluxuation occurs. Dropping real quickly and getting back up.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.png?width=940&m=mtgoxUSD&SubmitButton=Draw&r=2&i=1-min&c=0&s=&e=&Prev=&Next=&t=S&b=&a1=&m1=10&a2=&m2=25&x=0&i1=&i2=&i3=&i4=&v=1&cv=0&ps=0&l=0&p=0&

muh_roads
03-28-2013, 06:56 PM
I wonder how such a value fluxuation occurs. Dropping real quickly and getting back up.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/chart.png?width=940&m=mtgoxUSD&SubmitButton=Draw&r=2&i=1-min&c=0&s=&e=&Prev=&Next=&t=S&b=&a1=&m1=10&a2=&m2=25&x=0&i1=&i2=&i3=&i4=&v=1&cv=0&ps=0&l=0&p=0&

It is just profit taking. There are a lot of nerd youtube kids that are making a killing right now who got in for pennies.

There will be more dips so long as these people exist...

Forbes Bitcoin Richest
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/06/22/the-bitcoin-richest-accumulating-large-balances/

As the volume spreads to more users, things will level out. It'll just take time.

jclay2
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
It is just profit taking. There are a lot of nerd youtube kids that are making a killing right now who got in for pennies.

You are starting to represent a cnbc cheerleader.

New speak declaration for future references to decline in the $/bitcoin exchange rate shall henceforth be called profit taking.

muh_roads
03-28-2013, 07:12 PM

New speak declaration for future references to decline in the $/bitcoin exchange rate shall henceforth be called profit taking.

I'm cheering that a small minority in Cyprus were able to escape their evil government banks. Yes I am such a terrible person.

If you don't understand why BTC has appeal then you should probably read up on things first before calling people out.

ronpaulfollower999
03-28-2013, 09:25 PM

LOL :rolleyes:

brandon
03-28-2013, 10:35 PM
If you like gambling trading bitcoins seems like it would be paradise right now. Personally, I prefer to get a free glass of scotch when I'm gambling.

brandon
03-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm cheering that a small minority in Cyprus were able to escape their evil government banks. Yes I am such a terrible person.

If you don't understand why BTC has appeal then you should probably read up on things first before calling people out.

You've been nothing but a pumper and cheerleader here. It's one thing to think bitcoins are a good idea, it's another to completely dismiss any possible risks or shortcomings.

muh_roads
03-28-2013, 11:30 PM
You've been nothing but a pumper and cheerleader here. It's one thing to think bitcoins are a good idea, it's another to completely dismiss any possible risks or shortcomings.

So why did you pump and cheer for Ron Paul? Am I not allowed to be excited about something?

I've admitted that shutting down the exchanges is a risk. I just don't see how BTC can disappear. Bit torrent never did. They can't shut down all the computers running the program around the world.

Sorry if I'm excited about something that could fuck over the banksters.

We advertised for Ron Paul so he could get more media attention. The more media attention that Bitcoin can get, the sooner you'll be able to buy a Doritos Taco @ Taco Bell with a Bitcoin swipe card. Or better yet, a new car. Nothing would piss the banks off more if we could purchase stuff for ourselves in something other than debt notes.

I thought people knew about basic economics here? End the Fed is all about legalizing competing currencies. Christ. Quit sucking on the tit of the "hard-money-only" peeps. Do you attack metals dealers because they want to profit? No, then why are you discriminating against me?

FinCEN does say you can buy goods with virtual currency. I find that awesome. Something that has a finite amount is being allowed to buy shit by our Government!!

Sorry if I find this all amazing that the Emperor is asleep. The elite are too busy trying to salvage the EU & the World Bank is trying to figure out how to fight off BRICS. Why not hit them when their pants are down?