PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Christmas Voter Registration Drive

ronpaulfan
11-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I've been very upset at the MSM recently (please forgive my flames) so I'm trying to focus on the positive now.....

Here is one idea we may want to jump on. Thanksgiving was a good time to introduce family members to Ron Paul. Now, Christmas can be a great time to register them to vote in the primaries.

On Thanksgiving, our families gathered and many of us introduced them to Dr. Paul. Hopefully, many of them will research Ron Paul on their own between now and Christmas. When everyone gathers again over the Christmas holiday, we can print multiple copies of our state voter registration forms, get them filled out and ask them to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

Anyone on board with this? Encouraging family members to vote is a good thing, even if they don't vote for Dr. Paul.

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 02:09 PM
How does one go about doing voter registration? Do you just order the forms somewhere? I'd really like to add voter registration to our canvassing activities so that dems/independents/whatever can participate in the primary.

ronpaulfan
11-24-2007, 03:03 PM
This is the best page I've ever seen for voter registration

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/

princessredtights
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
How does one go about doing voter registration? Do you just order the forms somewhere? I'd really like to add voter registration to our canvassing activities so that dems/independents/whatever can participate in the primary.

I would check with the Voter registration office in your city/county etc.

In ours, we can get forms - in some states there are regulations (in ours, for example, if we collect the forms, we cannot put stamps on them and mail them in for the people we register - we MUST hand deliver within 5 business days).

In some states, there are "open"primaries and others "closed" (open means anyone registered to vote can vote for any candidate regardless of party - closed means that you must register for a particular party and you may only vote for those people).

We just did a voter registration today at an outdoor market - freezing weather! We actually got 17 registrations and gave out a few more to people "on the fence".

PrimarilyPaul
11-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Good idea. And thanks for focusing on the primaries since they are the most important thing.