PDA

View Full Version : President Obama threatens to override Oklahoma's nullification of the Affordable Care Act,

greyseal
03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
President Obama threatens to override Oklahoma's nullification of the Affordable Care Act, really?
Look at Cornell Law Library entry below
1. 42 USC § 18115 - Freedom not to participate in Federal health ...
www.law.cornell.edu › ... › Title 42 › Chapter 157 › Subchapter VICachedShare
Shared on Google+. View the post.
No individual, company, business, nonprofit entity, or health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage shall be required to ...

42 USC § 18115 - FREEDOM NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN FEDERAL HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAMS
Current through Pub. L. 112-238. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)
No individual, company, business, nonprofit entity, or health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage shall be required to participate in any Federal health insurance program created under this Act (or any amendments made by this Act), or in any Federal health insurance program expanded by this Act (or any such amendments), and there shall be no penalty or fine imposed upon any such issuer for choosing not to participate in such programs.

ZENemy
03-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Again, exactly why I am personally opting out of this. My nullification cannot be overwritten, vetoed or over ruled.

acptulsa
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
That puts the state in an interesting place, especially the female Republican governor. In the face of pressure from the other side like this...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409381-Hobby-Lobby-May-Close-over-new-provisions-in-Health-Care-law

...she's in a position where she's forced to toughen up. When Mary Fallin was in the House down in Washington, she was a reliable sellout. As important and respected as Hobby Lobby is in this relatively religious and poor state, I don't think she can get away with selling out on this.

The woman's between a rock and a hard place. And under the circumstances, she really is better off politically defying Obama.