PDA

View Full Version : An interesting story of conversion.

hocaltar
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Months ago, my in-laws found out I was obsessed with Ron Paul. As they started poking fun at me and replying with the typical, "that's a wasted vote, he doesn't have a chance, etc..." they eventually they asked me why I wanted to vote for him in the first place. Now the first thing that came to mind for me was the economy. The nation building is number 2, but empires rise and fall with their currency.

So I said to them, "well our dollar is collapsing and our economy will go with it if we don't do something." This lead me into saying that Ron Paul could atleast stop it where it is by locking the dollar to gold now."

This lead them to say that, "well sales at our store have never been better (they own a pool supply store)." Then I started saying how well ofcourse that makes perfect sense. As the federal reserve prints more and more money it eventually finds its way to your store. But this decreases the value of the dollar overseas and is the reason why gas prices and the prices of all other foriegn goods go up while real income goes down. Then I found myself talking about how China and Japan are dumping dollars for gold in order to shore up their own currencies and this is why the price of gold is skyrocketing etc...

This lead them to finally ask. Okay, you have made your point. So how do we stop it. So I said, "well there is only one way. we have to end our empire bring all our troops home from everywhere around the world. This will save us about 1 trillion dollars a year that we can use to help those who need it and pump back into our own economy without inflating our own currency more.

Then today, months later I was riding with my mother-in-law and my wife to the mall. Out of the blue she says, "gas is $3.19 per gallon, when is this inflation going to stop?"

My inlaws now believe that RP is the best candidate for the job. My grand-father-in-law is Fair Tax Huckabee supporter. I am working on him next.

Indeed, when truthfulness and honesty take hold, their roots find ample room to grow.

Read this too! Also, brothers and sisters buy some gold now before the central banks suck it all up.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Business/2007/11/19/forecast_us_dollar_could_plunge_90_pct/4876/

jgmaynard
11-24-2007, 01:29 PM
There's also another reason that they are doing well, but it has to do with technology. For the first time that I remember, there were a ton of cheap polls on the market this year - you could buy a 4' deep pool with pump, filter, ladder, cover, whole shabang for $100+. I know, I bought one. :) So, I, and likely millions of other people, bought pool supplies for the first time ever this year.

Just a thought.

JM