PDA

View Full Version : ***Very important*** Can Ron Paul win?

VoteRonPaul2008
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Paul supporters have been very good about vocal support and fundraising..

One element that seems to be missing is DELEGATES.. without delegates Congressman Ron Paul will not win.. no matter how much money we raise and how many people know who Paul is.. the one way to ensure that Paul wins the nomination is if ALL Paul supporters who are elgible become delegates..

Delagates ultimately decide who wins the GOP nomination.. and in that seems to be the one area that Ron Paul is short in..

I know the process may be a bit confusing, but please take the steps to become one in your state, if you are serious about getting Paul elected..

I found this site that explains the process step by step, you can also click on the link, to find info for your specific state.. Please do this NOW, if you haven't done so already thank you! :D

How to Become a Delegate to the Republican National Convention from Your State

1) Organize with others in your local meetup (ronpaul.meetup.com) and get current and former delegates to talk about the delegate process. By having a majority of Ron Paul supporters at your precinct convention, you'll easily get all your delegates to the next phase.

NOTE: Every state with a primary will be the same in terms of delegates getting elected at the local level (precinct or district). Please keep in mind that rules vary between states with primary elections.

2) Contact your County GOP organization (see #5 below) and ask for information on how you can become a delegate to the GOP Conventions and for the rules for all the conventions (especially precinct convention).

3) Since you'll be elected as a delegate, it's good to do some voter identification (who's gonna vote for you) in your precinct. Show how dedicated you are as a Ron Paul supporter by going out there and talking to people!

Click here for the 'bread and butter' instructions on getting elected as a delegate in your precinct (district).

An even better way would be to look up all Ron Paul contributers in your zip code. Once you have your list, just contact them about becoming a delegate or ask them to vote for you as a delegate since they're already supporters!

4) When it comes time to get elected as a delegate, please remember a few things:

a) Read and know the rules of your precinct convention: See General Guide to Conducting a Precinct Convention (PC).
b) The precinct chairman at your convention is ALWAYS elected. Do not let them tell you otherwise.
c) The delegates are ALWAYS elected. Do not let them tell you they have already been chosen.
d) You have rights so do not let them railroad you. If you feel members are being unfair, know your rights so that you can get elected as a delegate. NEVER GIVE UP! You WILL be a delegate for Ron Paul!
e) Make sure all delegate names are on the delegate sheet and make copies of the paperwork. If you can't make copies, take pictures of the paperwork and make sure they've been signed. This is proof in case the paperwork is lost.

NOTE: You generally have to vote in your state primaries to be eligible to become a delegate so please check your state's date on the right below and mark your calendars.

5) After knowing your precinct and county rules, please review your state process below for becoming a delegate to the Republican National Convention (RNC).
Remember, the National Convention is NOT the same as the State Convention.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-24-2007, 01:58 PM
do we have any delegates on here?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-24-2007, 02:08 PM
not if we waste all of our time and money on a single blimp.

archemeedees
11-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I am a State delegate for Salt Lake County in Utah. I can tell you a little about the process (at least how it goes here) but it's been explained here very well.

One thing to remember is that sometimes Republican bylaws will allow for delegates to be filled at the County Conventions as well. This means that if at the precinct's caucuses, all precincts did not have enough attendance to fill the State Delegate positions, sometimes a second caucus (in my case, a caucus covering the whole legislative district) will be held at the County Conventions where vacancies from other precincts can be filled by anyone in the legislative district (again, that's here... check your County Republican Party's bylaws). My husband and I both became State delegates that way--I was County delegate for our County while he was State delegate, then when we went together to the County convention they held a caucus where I was able to run and fill a State Delegate seat that was left vacant from another precinct in my legislative district. Anyone from the legislatice district was able to attend the County Convention legislative district caucus and vote.

So don't just fill seats in your precinct, find out if your county has provision for filling seats left vacant within a larger jurisdiction of which you are also a member.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I am a State delegate for Salt Lake County in Utah. I can tell you a little about the process (at least how it goes here) but it's been explained here very well.

One thing to remember is that sometimes Republican bylaws will allow for delegates to be filled at the County Conventions as well. This means that if at the precinct's caucuses, all precincts did not have enough attendance to fill the State Delegate positions, sometimes a second caucus (in my case, a caucus covering the whole legislative district) will be held at the County Conventions where vacancies from other precincts can be filled by anyone in the legislative district (again, that's here... check your County Republican Party's bylaws). My husband and I both became State delegates that way--I was County delegate for our County while he was State delegate, then when we went together to the County convention they held a caucus where I was able to run and fill a State Delegate seat that was left vacant from another precinct in my legislative district. Anyone from the legislatice district was able to attend the County Convention legislative district caucus and vote.

So don't just fill seats in your precinct, find out if your county has provision for filling seats left vacant within a larger jurisdiction of which you are also a member.

thanks for the info, hopefully those that haven't become delegates yet start Now, otherwise we're screwed

davidhperry
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
do we have any delegates on here?

Yes, I'm a delegate from the TN 6th district. It's a straightforward process and I highly recommend that people become delegates before it's too late (which is very soon in some states). We don't want a repeat of what happened in Illinois.

qwerty
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Bump!

olehounddog
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
We don't elect delegates here in NC until next year. I'm working on it.

filmmaker58
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Two weeks ago there was a republican caucus training in Nevada for Mitt Romney's people. 12 people showed up. last week there was one for the Ron Paul group. There were 115 people there, but we need more. With one delegate for every 50 registered Republican in a precinct, and only being able to vote once, we'll need to strategize so we don't waste all of our votes on one person. this will take some pre-caucus organizing, and we're still a long way from making that happen (Our caucus is Jan. 19th.) It's time for us to get to work, and I urge everyone else to do the same. Blimps are cool, but walking your neighborhoods is what is needed. I'm committed to being a delegate all the way to the national convention, and we need more people willing to commit to that.

PrimarilyPaul
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Don't forget to register Republican!

Karsten
11-24-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm an alternate delegate for the 32 district of California. They just called me and asked if i'd so it and i'm all like suuuuurrreeee.

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I found this site that explains the process step by step, you can also click on the link, to find info for your specific state.. Please do this NOW, if you haven't done so already thank you! :D

That site had ERRONEOUS information. :mad:

Jeff Greenspan has told me personally he did NOT recommend it.

Organizers for Dr. Paul around the country do everything they can to stop that virus.

You can see my debate with him here:
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=183

JustBcuz
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Two weeks ago there was a republican caucus training in Nevada for Mitt Romney's people. 12 people showed up. last week there was one for the Ron Paul group. There were 115 people there, but we need more. With one delegate for every 50 registered Republican in a precinct, and only being able to vote once, we'll need to strategize so we don't waste all of our votes on one person. this will take some pre-caucus organizing, and we're still a long way from making that happen (Our caucus is Jan. 19th.) It's time for us to get to work, and I urge everyone else to do the same. Blimps are cool, but walking your neighborhoods is what is needed. I'm committed to being a delegate all the way to the national convention, and we need more people willing to commit to that.

There have been at least 3 meetings in Reno, & we got 20 + at all 3.

AMEN to the walking the neighborhoods!