PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee considering a 2016 presidential bid.

sailingaway
03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newswidget/huckabee-presidential-run-not/2013/03/20/id/495520?promo_code=F492-1&utm_source=Test_Newsmax_Feed&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Sola_Fide
03-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Huck's army will rise again!

lib3rtarian
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
There has to be someone to rally the Christian Taliban folks. I was thinking Santorum, but Huckabee is good as well. Of all the social conservatives, Huckabee is the most genial. At least, he gives his bigotry sugar-coated whereas Frothy really does it without lube and bruises.

bolil
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Huck's army will rise again!

It was called Huck's army.

What if Ron Paul supporters called themselves Paul's Army, hell would break loose.

KingNothing
03-27-2013, 10:56 AM
That would actually be good for Rand, right?

sailingaway
Santorum voted for No Child Left Behind and Tarp he only consolidated the evangelicals because of that fake CNN poll that polled ONLY GOP the week before the Iowa caucuses, when all others were polling 'likely to vote' regardless of party (you could change registration at the caucus). He does terribly with independents so seemed to 'surge' when only GOP were looked at. At the same time, Bachmann had fallen and Perry as well, and the evangelicals wanted to consolidate somewhere, and went to him. Even PPP polls tweeted that the CNN fake poll had started that surge.

I don't think they were really happy with him on other issues, and with 4 years to pick someone who suits them better I am sure they will. Also Huckebee is establishment evangelical, so TPTB would rather have him than Palin who I also expect to run.

My 2 cents, anyhow.

supermario21
Looks like 2016 will be the SoCons last stand. I have a hard time seeing both Huck and Santorum run, otherwise they will be fighting over the same base.

Michigan11
03-27-2013, 11:21 AM
It seems to be that a Huck or Santorum is always introduced in the primary to take those votes away early on, and the candidate also seems to get rewarded monetarily by a book or tv show in Huck's case afterwards. Huck I hope is just saying he is considering this to up his ratings and maybe has another book to sell on the way. Someone no doubt will be the "social conservative" in 2016, and is something to keep an eye on. Santorum literally has no chance nor does Huck to win, so they are definitely part of the split the vote and hold pattern we've seen over the past 2 cycles. I think the right strategist could help Rand before anyone gets a foot in though.

dinosaur
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
It seems to be that a Huck or Santorum is always introduced in the primary to take those votes away early on, and the candidate also seems to get rewarded monetarily by a book or tv show in Huck's case afterwards. Huck I hope is just saying he is considering this to up his ratings and maybe has another book to sell on the way. Someone no doubt will be the "social conservative" in 2016, and is something to keep an eye on. Santorum literally has no chance nor does Huck to win, so they are definitely part of the split the vote and hold pattern we've seen over the past 2 cycles. I think the right strategist could help Rand before anyone gets a foot in though.

I think this is a good meme to spread in the comments section when Huck comes up. "Huck has no chance in the general, so let's not split the vote and end up with another moderate."

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
I just look forward to countless hours of again ridiculing the Huckabus.

Michigan11
03-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I think this is a good meme to spread in the comments section when Huck comes up. "Huck has no chance in the general, so let's not split the vote and end up with another moderate."

You know that is probably a strategy that is helping push change. You take something like civil liberties from the left like Rand did with that filibuster and you just took their license to attract votes. You take domestic conservative policy from the right, and you too their license to attract votes. You take the strong points, but good points from both sides, and you confuse the electorate and pundits. Nothing new here I know, but it really is something when articulated by the right messenger.

Brett85
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
This could really hurt Rand in Iowa.

V3n
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think he'll run. He got fat again. Only skinny Mike had a chance.

liveandletlive
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Hucktorum ticket?

Michigan11
03-27-2013, 12:39 PM
I still remember our moneybombs competing with Huck's site, and ronpaulgraphs.com showing head to head charts. lol good times

compromise
03-27-2013, 12:45 PM
He probably won't run in the end. He will have more success sticking with his show and he knows that.

Todd
03-27-2013, 01:39 PM

I look forward to parody Forums. :D

Fred Thompson Kite and Huckabee balloon lol.

FriedChicken
03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
I think this is bad.
I don't think Huck will run, but him suggesting that he himself is toying with the idea of a run also suggests that he doesn't expect to like the candidates who are positioning to run - the MOST ASSUREDLY running candidate is Rand.

So ... to me this is subliminal disapproval of a Paul presidency and I was really hoping for Huck to back Rand in the primary which would be a huge help IMO.

Huck actually running? Would probably ruin Iowa for Rand and its hard to imagine Rand's campaign recovering from a loss there. Iowa is probably over Santorum by now, I doubt they will come back to him even if he does run. Huck is a different story.

On the flip side - Huck entering would make Iowa extremely competitive and if anybody BUT huck won it would be an even larger catapult than before. So if Rand beats Huck there than we're in even better shape than before.

My two cents.

asurfaholic
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg. This will be a dirty dirty election, and i am fully expecting to watch the establishment ram its choice of candidate up the asses of the masses.

It wont be pretty. I'll be keeping a close eye on how they prepare for iowa, in particular how they deal with the "rand problem."

James Madison
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
And the GOP further continues its decent into irrelevancy...

Michael Landon
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
That would actually be good for Rand, right?

No.... when too many conservatives enter the race, then the moderate ends up with the nomination. I'm starting to foresee a Christie nomination.

- ML

anaconda
03-27-2013, 03:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xn7uSHtkuA

jkob
03-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I doubt Huck will run, needs to keep his name in the headlines just like Trump.