PDA

View Full Version : My letter to WSJ's AMY SCHATZ

jashepard
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Regarding your article on Ron Paul‏
Sent: Sat 11/24/07 1:37 PM
To: amy.schatz@wsj.com

Amy, I recently read your piece regarding Dr. Paul's supporters, one question, why? You're bashing great people and a great person dedicated to uphold the beliefs and basis of our founding fathers and the United States Constitution. Correct me if I am wrong but is it wrong for you to do this, think about it long and hard, please. You have singled out and have connected an organization and names of his supporters to Dr. Paul's campaign as horrible people, are you trying to discredit Dr. Paul doing this, because in the end they're just doing what they believe in, regardless of who they are. In all seriousness and with all common sense, you yourself know this is a common fact with all of the presidential candidates and their supporters, why Ron Paul? Amy, there is one thing I can agree with you on and it is that the supporters of Ron Paul, like myself, are flooding biased news organizations and articles with complaints, simply because of articles like this, so if you are reading this think to yourself, "Have I intentionally smeared an honest man, due to the strong support and motivation of his supporters." Anyone who is true to themselves and has a little common sense has now shed some light on the media's now naked theatrical show called "news", like myself, and will follow an honest and great man such as Dr. Paul and strive towards what use to make this country great, liberty.

TheNewYorker
11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I sent her a letter too:

Amy, I read your piece on Ron Paul recently and I must say I agree with everything. Ron Paul, the grandson of Adolf Hitler, is a very evil person. He was responsible for the second holocaust and is the grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Sure, he served as a doctor delivering over 4,000 babies, but he ate each and every one of those babies afterwords, and some of them he made into 'toddler soup', a favorite dish among cannibals.

Let's not forget Dr. Paul has nooses in the trees in his yard for lynching african americans. And the fact that Dr. Paul is the brother of Anton Lavey, founder of the Church of Satan. Many say Ron Paul is the anti-christ, and Ron Paul has said a few times he wants to kill Jesus, so it's easy to put 2+2 together to get 3.

Amy, I think you are right. Dr. Ron Paul is a terrible, racist, evil person. We cannot have someone in office that drinks sheep's blood and likes to pee on graves. Your article was excellent.

Keep preaching the word on,
xxxxxxxxxx

And yes all of the above was sarcasm.

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I sent her a letter too:

Amy, I read your piece on Ron Paul recently and I must say I agree with everything. Ron Paul, the grandson of Adolf Hitler, is a very evil person. He was responsible for the second holocaust and is the grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. Sure, he served as a doctor delivering over 4,000 babies, but he ate each and every one of those babies afterwords, and some of them he made into 'toddler soup', a favorite dish among cannibals.

Let's not forget Dr. Paul has nooses in the trees in his yard for lynching african americans. And the fact that Dr. Paul is the brother of Anton Lavey, founder of the Church of Satan. Many say Ron Paul is the anti-christ, and Ron Paul has said a few times he wants to kill Jesus, so it's easy to put 2+2 together to get 3.

Amy, I think you are right. Dr. Ron Paul is a terrible, racist, evil person. We cannot have someone in office that drinks sheep's blood and likes to pee on graves. Your article was excellent.

xxxxxxxxxx

:D

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I sent her a letter too:

xxxxxxxxxx

did you make sure to tell her it was sarcasm? if not her mindset will think you really thought that hehehe;)

Naraku
11-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, well, I always try to be nicer to these people:

I must say, you've done a pretty good job. You managed to get every single negative angle on Ron Paul's supporters and did not even make a single positive point.

It certainly causes me worry when this seems to be your only major article on Ron Paul and the only other articles I can find on him from you is a fairly old one talking about supporters "spamming" the polls. This article you've written is actually exactly what invites the attacks you mention in the article. Rather than mentioning the shocking strength of Paul's grassroots support, something anyone excited about democracy should support whether you like a candidate or not, you chose to focus on every conceivable negative point.

This article does not represent, for any instant, fair journalism. It appears to be journalism with an agenda and all journalism with an agenda is is propaganda. I hope you are not knowingly spreading negative propaganda about Ron Paul as a means of degrading him as some certainly are. It certainly seems odd that you would bring up Ron Paul's ad being on Stormfront, but not Drudge Report. It seems odd that you'd mention his support from 9-11 truthers, but ignore the fact threads on "9-11 truth" are effectively sent to the waste bin on Ron Paul Forums. If you're going to write an article about someone with a devoted base like Ron Paul, at least try to be fair towards that candidate so you can avoid the flurry of angry e-mails you are likely getting.

It's sad when anyone in charge of informing the people chooses to use that position to propel hate against people for supporting an underdog candidate that happens to be seeing some success.

Oh, on the neo-nazi matter and November 5th money bomb, I think you'd be interested to know Ron Paul supporters plan another money bomb for the date of the Boston Tea Party, December 16th, and it's already been suggested to have one on Martin Luther King Junior day by the person who set up both November 5th and December 16th.

So perhaps you should try to be a little fairer towars the Paulites. Mmk?

TheNewYorker
11-24-2007, 01:49 PM
did you make sure to tell her it was sarcasm? if not her mindset will think you really thought that hehehe;)

No I didn't. Wouldn't it be funny if she wrote another article based on what I told her? Then everyone would consider her a joke!

tremendoustie
11-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I think these are all good :). LibertyInNY, that was hilarious. I'm glad I wasn't drinking milk.