PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: 1 Million $'s Each for Bus Stops in Arlington Virginia

Constitutional Paulicy
03-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Rand has spoken often on the topic of government waste. He needs to comment on this one. I think it would go a long way in furthering the effort to tackle this ugly monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4c9ghbYFw&feature=youtube_gdata

In Arlington, Virgina, passengers waiting for the bus are doing so with a bit more flair. This after the county and the federal government have teamed up to build a $1 million bus stop that has heated floors and stainless steel siding, but many believe the money could have been spent on something more essential. RT's Margaret Howell explains how more of these million dollars stops are being developed.

mad cow
03-27-2013, 12:00 AM
The slugs will love it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slugging

devil21
03-27-2013, 02:47 AM
No way that actually cost $1M to build. It cost a bunch less but whoever owns the company that built it sure made out like a bandit.

Michigan11
03-27-2013, 11:16 AM
No way that actually cost $1M to build. It cost a bunch less but whoever owns the company that built it sure made out like a bandit.

Yeah I just watched that vid and it was like watching blatant theft right in front of my own eyes. It's the equivalent of showing a pre-fab home depot shed in a yard, saying it cost $100,000 to build. Someone should be getting arrested for this if this is actually true. The way it sounded before watching, was that some amazing building to house these people was actually built, but it's just a small roof that was erected on a sidewalk

devil21
03-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah I just watched that vid and it was like watching blatant theft right in front of my own eyes. It's the equivalent of showing a pre-fab home depot shed in a yard, saying it cost $100,000 to build. Someone should be getting arrested for this if this is actually true. The way it sounded before watching, was that some amazing building to house these people was actually built, but it's just a small roof that was erected on a sidewalk

Im familiar with the area in the video. It's very expensive to live there since it's right across the Potomac River from DC. Home of Arlington Nat'l Cemetary, Pentagon, defense contractors galore, etc. Some steel framing, plexiglass and a couple flat screen tvs doesn't cost a cool million though.