PDA

View Full Version : Straight from the hucksters forums...

BLS
11-24-2007, 12:25 PM
LOL

Okay, I thought I was being brilliant when I thought of flying a banner over the South Carolina game that Mike will be at on Saturday. I called three different companies to get quotes and they asked if it was for Ron Paul. :DApparently the Paulies have been doing fly overs on a regular basis. Ugh....and I thought I was original! lol

Anyway, I think it would be awesome to have a Mike Huckabee for President banner flown especially since Mike will be there! Because of security restrictions, banners can only be flown pregame. The cost varies between $750 and $950 and includes the cost of the sign and flight time. One company quoted $950 and they would fly for two hours previous to the game. Do you realize how many people that could reach???

I know we have a fundraising blitz tomorrow, but I think $950 would be well spent to fly a banner on Saturday. I wish I had the cash to foot the bill but I don't. If anyone is willing to pitch in to make this happen let me know. I'd also love to read any feedback. Thanks!

Andrea

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Haha damn we have the best most energetic and creative supporters ever

UCFGavin
11-24-2007, 12:28 PM
i think we should get two at that game, just to put them in their place.

fedup100
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Could we pay to have it painted on the field?

slantedview
11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Lol, Paulies.

Jaykzo
11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL

Okay, I thought I was being brilliant when I thought of flying a banner over the South Carolina game that Mike will be at on Saturday.

Anyway, I think it would be awesome to have a Mike Huckabee for President banner flown especially since Mike will be there!
Andrea

?

Did you mean Ron Paul?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-24-2007, 12:44 PM
LOL

Anyway, I think it would be awesome to have a Mike Huckabee for President banner flown especially since Mike will be there! Because of security restrictions, banners can only be flown pregame. The cost varies between $750 and $950 and includes the cost of the sign and flight time. One company quoted $950 and they would fly for two hours previous to the game. Do you realize how many people that could reach???

Andrea

so instead of a Blimp for over a quarter million dollars we could fly over every single game till the primaries and still have money left over.

Boycott the blimp!
it is a waste and meant to be one.
Dont be fooled.

RedLightning
11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
?

Did you mean Ron Paul?

He said in the title "straight from the huckster forums" the post is a quote from hucky's Heros.

Workguy23
11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Could we pay to have it painted on the field?

Just do it, don't worry about paying for it... didn't your high school class pull any senior pranks. Mine used weedkiller to write "Class of 2003" ;)

ladyliberty
11-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Just do it, don't worry about paying for it... didn't your high school class pull any senior pranks. Mine used weedkiller to write "Class of 2003" ;)

Weed killer!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
i pledged 25 bucks to the blimp ,just because you told me i should boycott,no one tells me what to do:) instead of attacking the blimp idea ,make another idea and stop wasting time bashing it,if you dont want to pledge then dont,its a pledge,if it fails then no one loses any money,and if it succeeds then you can be one of those naysayers as the media covers the blimp. would you please give up on attacking the blimp idea,everytime you do it,just makes me want to donate more thanks;)

PRIEST
11-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Much better idea than a blimp.

Blimp thing is silly and wasteful.

Excellent find. Let's capitalize!

Ninja Homer
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM

Nice! My college's football team did that to their biggest rival's field on their homecoming. They did it in broad daylight, with surveying equipment, marked it all off, and used spreaders. The day before their homecoming, the grass started mysteriously dying in 50-yard letters of the team that was coming to kick their ass.

If anybody has some unused land next to a busy road, that would be a good way to advertise. Spell out "GOOGLE RON PAUL" or whatever in weed killer, and it should stay visible until the day Ron Paul is in office.

10thAmendmentMan
11-24-2007, 01:29 PM
i pledged 25 bucks to the blimp ,just because you told me i should boycott,no one tells me what to do:)

I absolutely forbid you to send me your life savings.

Jaykzo
11-24-2007, 01:50 PM
He said in the title "straight from the huckster forums" the post is a quote from hucky's Heros.

yarrrr...

I have teh dumb today

angelatc
11-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Boycott the blimp!
it is a waste and meant to be one.
Dont be fooled.

If I had money I would support the blimp, especially if they'd let me ride in it. That would be cool.

And people like blimps. Once when I lived in Florida, the Goodyear blimp was parked along the road in a field at the St Pete / Clearwater airport, and traffic jammed up for miles because everybody wanted to come gawk at it, from the other side of the fence.

PatriotOne
11-24-2007, 01:59 PM
That's hilarious. If they can think of it, we are already doing it. We are so far ahead of the Grassroot game, no one will ever catch up with us. Is it any wonder why we are the most hated supporter's around?

Larofeticus
11-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Thats strange. I'm a RP supporter in columbia and I haven't heard anything about anyone buying a fly over before any games there. Perhaps the pilots who do it have just been hoping for/expecting our buisness.

Kind of frustrating; the office has been talking up for a month or so getting Ron at a tailgate at the USC vs. Clemson game today. Instead we get him in charleston on tuesday and 100,000 football fans get Mick Huckabee and Ric Flair. WTF. I know new hampshire is the best bet but try at least a little harder in SC. The mailings are awesome but we need something besides rallies for the already converted; town hall meetings and things like that. And lots of them all over the state.