PDA

View Full Version : FEMA says discolored water at fort site is safe

jim49er
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
FORT MONMOUTH — Yellowish water running out of the taps in at least one temporary apartment building on the former fort poses no safety risks, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said.

But that’s not keeping one resident from buying bottled water, just in case.

Daniel Connolly, who lives in a unit in building 365, in the Oceanport section of the fort’s Main Post, said notwithstanding FEMA’s assurances, he still doesn’t totally trust the water.

http://www.app.com/article/20130325/NJNEWS/303250077/FEMA-says-discolored-water-temporary-housing-site-safe-drink

talkingpointes
03-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Turns out it's literally piss.

jim49er
03-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Turns out it's literally piss.

You got me but they said brownish to.

Zippyjuan
03-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Sounds like it could be rust from old iron pipes.

The reason for the discoloration has to do with monthly flushing of the water pipes, which have been in place for decades, said Mary Margaret Walker, a FEMA spokeswoman.

“They flush the water systems there once a month,” she said. “They use the fire hydrant to do the flushing, and every time they do, the water comes up kind of yellowish-brownish,” she said.

jim49er
03-26-2013, 05:26 PM

Rust the breakfast of champions.

asurfaholic
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
What does FEMA have anything to do with water/health concerns?

Aren't there literally dosens of other alphabet agencies who are more qualified to take this assignment?

torchbearer
03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
at the same time the EPA: More than half of U.S. rivers unsuitable for aquatic life

DamianTV
03-26-2013, 08:20 PM

Rust from old iron pipes doesnt make some water smell like shit, the shit in in the water makes the water smell like shit. I always thought californians were idiotic for their obsessiveness over drinking bottled water, then I sampled their water. I swear my toilet, after I contaminate the fuck out of it, is cleaner than california water...