PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz: Senate GOP 'beaten down'

sailingaway
03-25-2013, 11:12 PM
About 10 weeks after being sworn into office, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) says he’s been most surprised by the “defeatist attitude” from his GOP colleagues.
“The biggest surprise has been the defeatist attitude of many Republicans in Washington. A lot of Republicans felt beaten down, and that there was nothing they could do to stop the erosion of liberty in this country,” Cruz told The Dallas Morning News in an interview Sunday.

“I’m referring to those who have been here a long time and have suffered some difficult election results and who I think were discouraged about being able to get anything done,” he added.

But Cruz, a tea partier, said that he believes Republicans now have momentum and have found the right tone for their message moving forward.
“I have been encouraged that the last several weeks have demonstrated that there is a great deal we can do to turn things around. Indeed, if you look at the vote on sequester, the filibuster on drone strikes and the vote on defunding Obamacare, for three weeks in a row, Republicans have stood together for principle,” Cruz told The Dallas Morning News.

“… I believe we are winning the argument,” he added. “We are doing what the American people expect us to be doing, which is standing for principle, defending liberty and defending the Constitution,” he told The Dallas Morning News. “I am hopeful the pattern of the last three weeks will prove a recurring pattern going forward. I believe that’s the direction Republicans need to go.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/cruz-senate-gop-beaten-down-89272.html#ixzz2OcQibemh

//

muh_roads
03-25-2013, 11:20 PM
We can't stop the erosion so lets keep voting yes on shit.

Giuliani was there on 911
03-25-2013, 11:21 PM
He's right we should be optimistic. As soon as Marco Rubio and Rand Paul get immigration reform passed and amnesty goes through we're going to add at least 20 million new voters to our party. I predict we're going to win 2016 by a landslide, like 70-30 .

The Northbreather
03-26-2013, 12:20 AM
He's right we should be optimistic. As soon as Marco Rubio and Rand Paul get immigration reform passed and amnesty goes through we're going to add at least 20 million new voters to our party. I predict we're going to win 2016 by a landslide, like 70-30 .

Which we? We the republicans? Are you saying 20 million for liberty? Important distinction imo.

AlexAmore
03-26-2013, 12:24 AM

They can't vote with a work visa and they have to get in back of the same line we've always had. What it will do is bring a lot of hispanics to our side if it's OUR immigration reform.

MRK
03-26-2013, 12:44 AM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

Lucille
03-26-2013, 08:46 AM
A lot of Republicans felt beaten down, and that there was nothing they could do to stop the erosion of liberty in this country,”

LOL I might buy that if they themselves hadn't spent the disastrous Bush years (and then some) eroding liberty. They're just mad those erosions aren't on their terms.

FSP-Rebel
03-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Those that are going through the legit immigration process right now will be lucky to vote by 2016. Rand's proposal enforces border security up front and offers permanent work visas for those illegals that are not felons and don't want to become citizens down the line, like 10 years or so.