PDA

View Full Version : Albany Police: SWAT Used Poor Black Neighborhood For Training Because It’s ‘Realistic’

sailingaway
03-25-2013, 08:31 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562660_534540416596550_1989702136_n.jpg

The chief of police in Albany, New York says that his department just wanted a “realistic” setting when it frightened residents in a poor, predominately African-American neighborhood with SWAT training exercises that included firing blank ammunition and exploding flash grenades.

On Thursday, Albany’s SWAT team shocked nearby residents when it stormed a public housing complex that was scheduled to be demolished, according to the Times Union. Photos circulated on Facebook over the weekend showed police in tactical gear, spent shell casings and fake blood.

In a statement on Monday, Police Chief Steven Krokoff called the training “insensitive.”

“In light of the ever-increasing threats to communities across the nation, I have directed our department to provide the most up-to-date training in a manner that is as realistic as possible,” the police chief said. “I certainly did not mean to offend the very people that we are training to protect.”

“In retrospect, it was insensitive to conduct this type of training in the vicinity of occupied residences. We will review how we conduct our neighborhood-based training in the future and include the community in evaluating its appropriateness.”

the picture was tweeted with a link to the article, it isn't from the article. There is a video at the link: http://libertycrier.com/government/albany-police-swat-used-poor-black-neighborhood-for-training-because-its-realistic/

AGRP
03-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Training for what? Muslims?

WM_in_MO
03-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Nothing to see here.
http://randomoverload.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/3927802ecealong.jpg.jpg

fr33
03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Citizens.

amy31416
03-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh god. I hope they get what they deserve for doing this. Burn....just fucking burn like you deserve, you assholes.

fr33
03-25-2013, 09:13 PM
lol I tweeted the link to @REALBROTHER0003 on twitter because all he does is call people racist. Maybe he'll spread it to the black panther communities.

Origanalist
03-25-2013, 09:15 PM
. “I certainly did not mean to offend the very people that we are training to protect.”

They look like about to protect somebody alright.

BAllen
03-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Well, that's logical. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, so it stands to reason that would be a good place to train. If blacks don't like it, maybe they should put forth the effort to reduce the crime of their people.

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 09:23 PM
“I certainly did not mean to offend the very people that we are training to protect.”
Where's the laughing Jack gif?

amy31416
03-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, that's logical. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, so it stands to reason that would be a good place to train. If blacks don't like it, maybe they should put forth the effort to reduce the crime of their people.

Maybe we (our ancestors) shouldn't have bought and used slaves. It stands to reason that we are paying the price for our forefathers sins.

Carson
03-25-2013, 09:30 PM

The next neighborhood.

Eventually they will find people somewhere that will respond like American's and the training will be over.

sailingaway
03-25-2013, 09:31 PM

You don't think the disproportionate representation of minorities in prison might be because the justice system is systemically biased against the poor?

BAllen
03-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Maybe we (our ancestors) shouldn't have bought and used slaves. It stands to reason that we are paying the price for our forefathers sins.

pff! They sold their own people. And so did jews. We've all been victims and perpetrators, so that dog won't hunt.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:36 PM
The state runs a "beta test" on the black community prior to rolling anything out for the "general population".

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:37 PM
The next neighborhood.

Eventually they will find people somewhere that will respond like American's and the training will be over.

/thread

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:40 PM
“I certainly did not mean to offend the very people that we are training to protect.”

Where's the laughing Jack gif?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 09:42 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif
There it is. That was my reaction when I read that.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
“In light of the ever-increasing threats to communities across the nation

The only increasing threat is YOU!

Violent crime and cop killings are at historic lows, in some states, the lowest ever recorded, since statistics have been kept.

The reality is an increasing docile, compliant and subservient population is being abused and suffers at increasing amounts of state inflicted violence against the people.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:47 PM
There it is. That was my reaction when I read that.

If it's coming from the word holes of cops or government functionaries, that's my reaction as well, for hours at times....

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 09:50 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562660_534540416596550_1989702136_n.jpg

That was New Orleans after Katrina, BTW.

No water, no food, no fuel, no evacuations for displaced folks...

But plenty for displays of state power.

fr33
03-25-2013, 10:41 PM
lol I tweeted the link to @REALBROTHER0003 on twitter because all he does is call people racist. Maybe he'll spread it to the black panther communities.

bleh it just devolved into him calling me a racist. What an idiot. Nobody with a brain calls me a racist. They can call me plenty of other things but not that.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
bleh it just devolved into him calling me a racist. What an idiot. Nobody with a brain calls me a racist. They can call me plenty of other things but not that.

Not having the proper progressive mindset is de facto evidence of racism.

You are reported.

sailingaway
03-25-2013, 10:47 PM

I think I saw you responding to that. You sent the link and he called you racist? Sounds like a troll. I wonder if he's even really black.

Giuliani was there on 911
03-25-2013, 11:09 PM
You don't think the disproportionate representation of minorities in prison might be because the justice system is systemically biased against the poor?
No I don't, I think that's right up there with "poverty causes crime".

devil21
03-26-2013, 01:00 AM
Im feeling like the only conditioning going on is conditioning people to believe that everything is a "drill". Not so much conditioning to accept assaults on citizens by military but instead to condition people to accept that every time they see this sort of stuff that it is a "drill". It won't always be a "drill" but that's a great way to reduce scrutiny.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 05:28 AM
pff! They sold their own people. And so did jews. We've all been victims and perpetrators, so that dog won't hunt.

So slavery is okay? We shouldn't expect any blowback?

sirgonzo420
03-26-2013, 06:42 AM
So slavery is okay? We shouldn't expect any blowback?

Who owned the slave ships, I wonder?

amy31416
03-26-2013, 06:50 AM

People who are dead now.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 06:51 AM

People who are dead now.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
03-26-2013, 07:01 AM

Ummm. Not the same. Not even CLOSE to the same.

Sure, I don't disagree that blacks commit more crimes, but that does not give the police the go-ahead to basically raid a neighborhood parimilitary style for "training".

sirgonzo420
03-26-2013, 07:14 AM
People who are dead now.

So are the (pre-14th amendment) slaves!

Anyway, it was the banksters who owned the slave ships. Their descendants are the banksters today.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 07:15 AM

No. What some folks forget is the fact that many blacks like it in prison. They deliberately commit crimes to get put back in. They prefer a controlled environment. Then, they blame 'racism' for it.

keh10
03-26-2013, 07:22 AM

That was New Orleans after Katrina, BTW.

No water, no food, no fuel, no evacuations for displaced folks...

But plenty for displays of state power.

I'm relieved that's a picture of New Orleans after Katrina. When I first saw the picture I had a hard time believing the streets could be so littered with trash and so many people just standing around.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 07:31 AM
So are the (pre-14th amendment) slaves!

Anyway, it was the banksters who owned the slave ships. Their descendants are the banksters today.

Yep. And the slaves descendants are African Americans and some of us white people are the descendants of slave owners. Perhaps the banksters wouldn't have been in the slave business if there was no market for it.

angelatc
03-26-2013, 07:34 AM

Nonsense. Nobody alive today was born into slavery. And I'm not sure we're paying the price - seems they're the ones stuck in perpetual non-motion.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 07:38 AM
No. What some folks forget is the fact that many blacks like it in prison. They deliberately commit crimes to get put back in. They prefer a controlled environment. Then, they blame 'racism' for it.

Mmmmhmmm. "Many?" I don't think so.

In regards to people who intentionally go to prison--I'm sure there are some black people who do so. However, the only person I have personal experience with was some punk white kid who was high on something wandering about in my neighborhood looking for a confrontation. He got one when he kicked all my trash cans into the street. My dog and I went out to have a little chat and after threatening to "piss on my front stoop" and my subsequent threat to let my dog loose, he was begging me to call the cops...I eventually did--he just needed a place to sleep, apparently.

He was quite white. Looked like a suburbanite.

Oh, and lol at your blatant trolling. :p

amy31416
03-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Nonsense. Nobody alive today was born into slavery. And I'm not sure we're paying the price - seems they're the ones stuck in perpetual non-motion.

Would it have ever happened if our white ancestors had the goddamned sense to not own slaves? No. Do you have a point? Of course, but there are long-term ramifications to what happened. Everything from gun control to welfare to political correctness. If we ignore part of it then there's never going to be a solution.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Would it have ever happened if our white ancestors had the goddamned sense to not own slaves? No. Do you have a point? Of course, but there are long-term ramifications to what happened. Everything from gun control to welfare to political correctness. If we ignore part of it then there's never going to be a solution.

I see you failed to mention the jews and blacks who were also responsible for the slave trade. Convenient omission, huh?

phill4paul
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
The next neighborhood.

The state runs a "beta test" on the black community prior to rolling anything out for the "general population".

The only increasing threat is YOU!

Violent crime and cop killings are at historic lows, in some states, the lowest ever recorded, since statistics have been kept.

The reality is an increasing docile, compliant and subservient population is being abused and suffers at increasing amounts of state inflicted violence against the people.

Not really much more to say......

Please, go on with the race debate when the real beast is staring you in the face.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 07:52 AM
I see you failed to mention the jews and blacks who were also responsible for the slave trade. Convenient omission, huh?

No. It's just that Jews are white people, for the most part. Of course blacks are also responsible for selling people in the first place--but would they have sold them if there was no market?

Trying to change the subject much?

This never would have happened if our (mostly) white forefathers had the integrity to NOT contribute to this. Take the higher moral ground and you'll always be better off long-term.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 08:00 AM
No. It's just that Jews are white people, for the most part. Of course blacks are also responsible for selling people in the first place--but would they have sold them if there was no market?

Trying to change the subject much?

This never would have happened if our (mostly) white forefathers had the integrity to NOT contribute to this. Take the higher moral ground and you'll always be better off long-term.

You are sadly mistaken. Jews do not consider themselves white.
As far as the market availability excuse? Bwahahahaha! That's the most pitiful excuse I've ever heard of. My communist father supports this idea, as well.

amy31416
03-26-2013, 08:08 AM
You are sadly mistaken. Jews do not consider themselves white.
As far as the market availability excuse? Bwahahahaha! That's the most pitiful excuse I've ever heard of. My communist father supports this idea, as well.

So...I'm a communist because I think it was a bad idea to buy slaves. (Hint: that's not a "market availability" excuse, it's about ethics, doofus.) And I don't care whether or not most Jews consider themselves white or not, they were certainly part of the slave trade, but not a major part of it like white people were. Please show me examples of how Jews and blacks forced white people to buy and use slaves and I'll gladly change my mind and +rep you every day for the next month.

So very trolly, you are.

Antischism
03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
I see the resident racist is running full-force in this thread. Truly a representation of what we want lurkers or potential members to see when they browse Ron Paul Forums; more ammunition to feed into the notion that Ron Paul is a racist based on newsletters, and we're just following. No different from the mainstream Republicans who have the stigma of racism attached to them already.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 08:50 AM
I see the resident racist is running full-force in this thread. Truly a representation of what we want lurkers or potential members to see when they browse Ron Paul Forums; more ammunition to feed into the notion that Ron Paul is a racist based on newsletters, and we're just following. No different from the mainstream Republicans who have the stigma of racism attached to them already.

Where in my postings do you see anything about newsletters? YOU brought that up, not me.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 08:53 AM
So...I'm a communist because I think it was a bad idea to buy slaves. (Hint: that's not a "market availability" excuse, it's about ethics, doofus.) And I don't care whether or not most Jews consider themselves white or not, they were certainly part of the slave trade, but not a major part of it like white people were. Please show me examples of how Jews and blacks forced white people to buy and use slaves and I'll gladly change my mind and +rep you every day for the next month.

So very trolly, you are.

Again, you are mistaken. Jews were heavily involved in the slave trade. Article written by a Rabbi:

http://rense.com/general69/invo.htm

And, by your same flawed logic, no one forced the blacks and jews to SELL slaves, either. See how that works?

ClydeCoulter
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
BAllen, what kind of crimes are you referring to?
Who has taken over the economies of nations, killed hundreds of thousands in the name of promoting democracy, subverted the rule of law, etc...? Are those crimes included in your analysis?

amy31416
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Again, you are mistaken. Jews were heavily involved in the slave trade. Article written by a Rabbi:

http://rense.com/general69/invo.htm

And, by your same flawed logic, no one forced the blacks and jews to SELL slaves, either. See how that works?

Rense? I asked for proof.

Again...who forced white people to buy slaves from the evil Jews & blacks? Or did they have a part in it by helping to create the marketplace....naw. White people are beyond reproach and have no culpability.

ClydeCoulter
03-26-2013, 10:12 AM

Again...who forced white people to buy slaves from the evil Jews & blacks? Or did they have a part in it by helping to create the marketplace....naw. White people are beyond reproach and have no culpability.

And then, we have a thread talking about how supply can create demand. Sometimes we go 'round in circles. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406344-How-I-learned-to-love-Say-s-Law&p=4905428#post4905428

edit: Illusion of what is acceptable/normal, bringing mankind to its most base form.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm setting the record straight. All have been victims and perpetrators. Truth.

bolil
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
As long as we are talking about some shit. How about how the English elite used the English, Irish, or the Indians and many others? There it was then, here it is now.

BAllen
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM

Again, who forced jews and blacks to SELL them?
I'm making the point that no one is beyond reproach. YOU are the one singling out whites, not me.

kcchiefs6465
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Not really much more to say......

Please, go on with the race debate when the real beast is staring you in the face.
Exactly my thoughts. Can we get back on topic about just what and the hell heavily armed paramilitary units are training for in the first place? I'd also like to know when they think they would need a tank.

kcchiefs6465
03-26-2013, 11:00 AM
No I don't, I think that's right up there with "poverty causes crime".
Why wouldn't 'poverty cause crime?' People are piss poor, they rob and steal. There are other factors sure but to say that poverty isn't 'causing' certain crimes is ridiculous. Maybe semantics is all that we are in disagreement about?

And how isn't the justice system biased towards the poor? Do you think that the man who spends 500 dollars an hour on an attorney gets the same trial as a man represented by a public pretender? What are the prison rates when compared to the wealth of the individual? Crack cocaine vs. cocaine?

You mean to tell me that the Attorney General of the United States blatantly states that some people are too big to prosecute [referring to HSBC bank for their drug money and terrorist money laundering] and you don't believe there is impropriety or a biased just-us system?

sirgonzo420
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Yep. And the slaves descendants are African Americans and some of us white people are the descendants of slave owners. Perhaps the banksters wouldn't have been in the slave business if there was no market for it.

No, the slaves' descendants are not "African-Americans", black maybe, but not "African-Americans" - the SLAVES were "African-Americans".

And yeah, I reckon there was a market for slaves or else they wouldn't have sold at auction.

What they don't tell you in public school and in Spielburg's Amistad is that banksters, (most of whom themselves claim(ed) descent from an ancient tribe once slaves to the Egyptians), owned the slave ships that brought the Africans over (who, of course, were sold onto the slave ships by the kings and chieftains of their own tribes in Africa).

Slavery is a moot point today though, not because it has been 'abolished', but because in a fiat debt "money" system, all participants are slaves!